News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Its been a while since I made fun of terrible things on tumblr....

Started by Cain, October 02, 2014, 11:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

It's rather fascinating how this board tends to make people double down on their positions.

Crazy people start screaming at Roger and Nigel about the thing from 20 years ago that they feel strongly about or film adverts being really real.

Racists wait for the opportunity to just drop any semblance of humanity and start screaming about them folk from not round here who look different.

And the dullards, well, need I say more?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on October 06, 2014, 09:52:30 PM
So if you feel unappreciated or abused leave. The door swings both ways right?

Too right. But making it a habitual policy leads to no end of trouble. And attempting to clear up hopeless misunderstandings in absurdist ways is as legitimate a hobby as any.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just find it fascinating that he absolutely refuses to allow for the validity of other people's perceptions of his posts. As far as he's concerned, everyone else's perceptions are WRONG and he is objectively RIGHT and that's all there is to that. Plus walls of text I'm guessing few bother to read. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It all seems to basically boil down to "I don't intend my behavior to be obnoxious, therefore it isn't, regardless of how other people perceive it".

Dildo Argentino

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

For the record, when you come back and read this to see if anyone objects to you leaving, the socially adept way of responding to the information that other people perceived something you said as condescending, rude, insensitive, racist, or otherwise abrasive is "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way, let me rethink what I'm trying to say".

And then to actually rethink it, possibly, hopefully, even coming to an understanding of why the other person perceived it the way they did.

Dildo Argentino

For the record. I did that twice. Works elsewhere, not here.

LMNO

Yeah, but that's not some sort of blanket absolution. If you continue saying the same crap, you'll get the same response.

Like, if I hit myself in the junk with a hammer, then said, "whoops. Shouldn't have done that," it doesn't mean it won't hurt if I continue to hit myself in the junk.

Dildo Argentino

To me, it seemed more like this:

- hit myself in the junk with the hammer -

"Oops, shouldn't have done that"

"But you wanted to, 'cos that's what you are like."

"No I didn't"

- more voices join in -

"Yes, you did, you sad, ridiculous bastard. We know your type."

LMNO

Quote from: Dodo Argentino on October 12, 2014, 07:23:49 AM

"No I didn't"

- more voices join in -

Please note the complete absence of reframing your initial point, and instead immediately becoming defensive, actually.

trix

"But I am SMARTER than other monkeys, goddamnit, and this new tribe is going to LEARN IT!!1!"
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 12, 2014, 12:51:39 PM
Quote from: Dodo Argentino on October 12, 2014, 07:23:49 AM

"No I didn't"

- more voices join in -

Please note the complete absence of reframing your initial point, and instead immediately becoming defensive, actually.

You got me there, fair enough.