News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

Thoughts while rereading the illuminatus

Started by Sepia, August 05, 2010, 05:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sepia

We keep hearing the trumpets through our dead ears, a sighing echo in an age where echoes are only heard in popular culture as the autotune is revealed. This is the echo the shaman and priests heard back in the day, incidentally the same day as this but back then we knew we knew nothing while now we are quite certain that we know everything that is here for we've had enough moments of clarity, enough for one individual to fill a planet

Revisiting the ancient texts we understand something of the else, the lies and deceit we felt was at the heart of the others, the ones not like us, the rest of the six or seven billion inhabiting this blue globe suspended in animation in a vacuum, like watching Heston Blumenthal making aerated chocolate and the old guys were right, all of them were right in any religion you ever dabbled in you found an answer but the answer was not the doctrine

The answer were in isolated events and as we went on with despising the normal man, both joe and jack, brother plumbers and their italian cousins searching for the princess but once they performed actions we like we began loving the game as we still hated the players. Dawn would be upon us and we would be racing, our hearts and minds into triangles of differentiation and as we made a pentagram and called upon chronozon we did not know what we did for we had slipped away from who we were and our metathoughts

the first one hundred pages of the book that brought me here and probably many of you remind me of the last of johnny cash's american recordings, released posthumously the first track is ain't no grave; ain't no grave that can hold my body down. It is partly a WOrk, like what magicians strive for, it is something grander and more thought-through than many other things but it is also cynical, it is a calculated move but why I don't know. Perhaps it will erase the idea many people have about johnny cash and while he did what he did for all those years, the most played song on his spotify list is still hurt.

It is a book I think everyone should read before they turn twenty and those who read it should read it again when they are no longer dumb, when they actually can think for themselves. I think this happened to me last year, I think many things made sense in an air of self-indulgence, weed and games, the destruction of everything anyone who ever wanted activism wanted but I've strayed from discordia, intellectually. I no longer use the snappy one-liners I learned but both my heart any my soul will always belong to eris like they did before I read the book for the first time

Religion is still holy, which is why it is only the lunatic fringe that will hold onto the idea of discord but in the idea of discord there is a truth and it is mentioned in those first hundred pages as something that makes sense and that is the interpretation of the second law of thermodynamics and while entropy is a state most pastry chefs are familiar with, the social interpretation that everything bends towards chaos is reserved for the same lunatic fringe but it is a truth and perhaps the most important one I've discovered concering us

ourselves

and them
Everyone will always be too late

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Adios

I would love to see inside your head.

As always, excellent.

Cainad (dec.)

Nice. I read Illuminatus! when I was... 16, I think. Made quite an impression on me (probably because my brain was in that special kind of fog that one gets from extended road trips).

Now I'm 20, maybe it is time to crack it open again and see how I've changed since then.

Faust

I love this.

Quote from: Sepia on August 05, 2010, 05:06:06 PM

The answer were in isolated events and as we went on with despising the normal man, both joe and jack, brother plumbers and their italian cousins searching for the princess but once they performed actions we like we began loving the game as we still hated the players.

This rang true and hurt. I wish I could still play games without feeling like I was wasting my time.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Disco Pickle

I'm actually reading it right now for the first time, though it was recommended to me many years ago by someone who saw I was reading the Schrodinger Cat trilogy.  I forgot about it until I went looking for another copy of Schrodinger Cat to replace the last one I lent out and never saw again (I've owned 5) and found this instead.

I'm convinced RAW was on heavy doses of acid while writing this, something I very much endorse.

also, first post.  I might do it again, but one can never really know, so in the event I don't, I bid hello to the PD forums and it's denizens.

keep doing what you're doing folks.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dr. Vrtig0 on August 06, 2010, 07:34:43 PM
I'm convinced RAW was on heavy doses of acid while writing this, something I very much endorse.

Makes for really bad endings to books, which RAW was a champion of.
Molon Lube

Juvenal

Quote from: Sepia on August 05, 2010, 05:06:06 PM
We keep hearing the trumpets through our dead ears, a sighing echo in an age where echoes are only heard in popular culture as the autotune is revealed. This is the echo the shaman and priests heard back in the day, incidentally the same day as this but back then we knew we knew nothing while now we are quite certain that we know everything that is here for we've had enough moments of clarity, enough for one individual to fill a planet

Revisiting the ancient texts we understand something of the else, the lies and deceit we felt was at the heart of the others, the ones not like us, the rest of the six or seven billion inhabiting this blue globe suspended in animation in a vacuum, like watching Heston Blumenthal making aerated chocolate and the old guys were right, all of them were right in any religion you ever dabbled in you found an answer but the answer was not the doctrine

The answer were in isolated events and as we went on with despising the normal man, both joe and jack, brother plumbers and their italian cousins searching for the princess but once they performed actions we like we began loving the game as we still hated the players. Dawn would be upon us and we would be racing, our hearts and minds into triangles of differentiation and as we made a pentagram and called upon chronozon we did not know what we did for we had slipped away from who we were and our metathoughts

the first one hundred pages of the book that brought me here and probably many of you remind me of the last of johnny cash's american recordings, released posthumously the first track is ain't no grave; ain't no grave that can hold my body down. It is partly a WOrk, like what magicians strive for, it is something grander and more thought-through than many other things but it is also cynical, it is a calculated move but why I don't know. Perhaps it will erase the idea many people have about johnny cash and while he did what he did for all those years, the most played song on his spotify list is still hurt.

It is a book I think everyone should read before they turn twenty and those who read it should read it again when they are no longer dumb, when they actually can think for themselves. I think this happened to me last year, I think many things made sense in an air of self-indulgence, weed and games, the destruction of everything anyone who ever wanted activism wanted but I've strayed from discordia, intellectually. I no longer use the snappy one-liners I learned but both my heart any my soul will always belong to eris like they did before I read the book for the first time

Religion is still holy, which is why it is only the lunatic fringe that will hold onto the idea of discord but in the idea of discord there is a truth and it is mentioned in those first hundred pages as something that makes sense and that is the interpretation of the second law of thermodynamics and while entropy is a state most pastry chefs are familiar with, the social interpretation that everything bends towards chaos is reserved for the same lunatic fringe but it is a truth and perhaps the most important one I've discovered concering us

ourselves

and them
This is the best thing.  Truly AWESOME.  Beyond that, I'm speechless.