News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

God, I know a guy who is nearly insufferable simply because from childhood him mom has been telling him he's smarter than everyone else and that's why he has a hard time getting along with people.

The tragedy is, he's smart. Smarter than probably 90% of people. But he is absolutely incapable of being non-intolerably-smug and correcting everyone all the time (even when he's wrong) so it doesn't fucking matter.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Junkenstein

Nigel, Could I interest you in rehashing SGITR for big words? Pretty much sums up this mindset but I don't think we applied to broadly enough the last time.

It's not just the smart, wealthy, entitled, or any other factor. This is human wide. I've met people who are incredibly stupid and impoverished that exhibit these behaviours. Humans have a strong desire to believe that "Even though I'm only X secretly I'm actually Y and none of these people really appreciate me. But I am. I know it because I tell me"

The concept of affirmations is pretty much built around this bullshit. Convince yourself of something and magically it will be true. If it fails it's because you didn't really believe. It's one of the things that caused me to lose a significant degree of respect for Scott Adams.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Triple Zero

Wow that is awesome, what is that for kind of thingy? A beam splitter prism thing?

Also :lol: @ the elevator pun
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 14, 2013, 07:00:44 PM
Wow that is awesome, what is that for kind of thingy? A beam splitter prism thing?

Also :lol: @ the elevator pun

It looks like a beam splitter. I found it without context, and posted it because it was pretty.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 14, 2013, 06:12:44 PM
Nigel, Could I interest you in rehashing SGITR for big words? Pretty much sums up this mindset but I don't think we applied to broadly enough the last time.

It's not just the smart, wealthy, entitled, or any other factor. This is human wide. I've met people who are incredibly stupid and impoverished that exhibit these behaviours. Humans have a strong desire to believe that "Even though I'm only X secretly I'm actually Y and none of these people really appreciate me. But I am. I know it because I tell me"

The concept of affirmations is pretty much built around this bullshit. Convince yourself of something and magically it will be true. If it fails it's because you didn't really believe. It's one of the things that caused me to lose a significant degree of respect for Scott Adams.

SGiTR is a very specific thing, but I am sure there's something else to explain the rest of humanity.

Probably something TGRR has already written about, to tell the truth.

Or there's always the ever-popular Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Talk to me about writing something after finals.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel