News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

They also probably phased out sub-editors entirely...my sister works as one, and her company recently downsized their entire sub-editorial department.  Fact-checking, spelling and grammar checks and writing titles can all be farmed out to the great unwashed masses in return for "exposure", or something.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A more-or-less typical Wednesday evening conversation:

"I am getting tired of the word craft. Craft cocktails, craft scotch eggs, craft craft. Craft pussy on the wood fired Avenue of Roses," Charley said.

"That's so beautiful. I am wearing a craft sweatshop dress made by a hand-crafted Chinese adolescent," I replied.

"Smoking craft-made water hash with a craft-made craftless glass pipe," he said.

"I think the next big trend is uniformity. The mass-produced anonymous look."

"J Crew?"

"Totally. Gap. Assembly-line, factory-produced couture..."

"Maybe no. So many folk must wear socks."

I continued, "...reassuring. Stable. A functional cog in a social machine that is larger than all of us. A look that says 'I believe in the Collective.'"

"'And all the humans are dead,'" Charley blurted.

"So moving. Graceful. Scintillating," I broke out my rusty poetry review skills.

"I touched one. They're dead," he repeated.

Florid. My imagination was captured. "Warm in the summer sun, bloating. Soon the haciendas come."

"The Goddess Rebecca and her dusty brood of minions," he referred to our cupboard moths.

"In the aftermath the shining robot workers of the Collective will place offerings of grain in the cupboards that once held human food," I finished triumphantly.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 02, 2015, 05:19:32 AM
A more-or-less typical Wednesday evening conversation:

"I am getting tired of the word craft. Craft cocktails, craft scotch eggs, craft craft. Craft pussy on the wood fired Avenue of Roses," Charley said.

"That's so beautiful. I am wearing a craft sweatshop dress made by a hand-crafted Chinese adolescent," I replied.

"Smoking craft-made water hash with a craft-made craftless glass pipe," he said.

"I think the next big trend is uniformity. The mass-produced anonymous look."

"J Crew?"

"Totally. Gap. Assembly-line, factory-produced couture..."

"Maybe no. So many folk must wear socks."

I continued, "...reassuring. Stable. A functional cog in a social machine that is larger than all of us. A look that says 'I believe in the Collective.'"

"'And all the humans are dead,'" Charley blurted.

"So moving. Graceful. Scintillating," I broke out my rusty poetry review skills.

"I touched one. They're dead," he repeated.

Florid. My imagination was captured. "Warm in the summer sun, bloating. Soon the haciendas come."

"The Goddess Rebecca and her dusty brood of minions," he referred to our cupboard moths.

"In the aftermath the shining robot workers of the Collective will place offerings of grain in the cupboards that once held human food," I finished triumphantly.
:lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 03, 2009, 01:33:55 AM
Sometimes it's okay to be funny. 

Sometimes it's okay to be nice.  <---if you tell anyone I said that, I'll deny it, and shit in your lungs.

Out of context quotes are the best quotes!

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

Lizzie:  I think I may be most excited about Irish lit

Lizzie:  "They're always after me lucky charms!"

Cain:  enjoy 10,000 hours of James Joyce's ramblings

Lizzie:  Not sure who we are covering

Lizzie:  I think it says

Lizzie:  What do they ramble about

Lizzie:  Potatoes? And famine?

Cain:  the fucking British

Cain:  you'll be covering IRA Manifestos 1916-1962 and PIRA Manifestos 1963-1998

Cain:  and James Jpyce

Cain:  and IRA manifestos in the style of James Joyce

Cain:  and potato poetry

Cain:  by James Joyce

Cain:  term paper will be on the symbolic use of potatoes in IRA manifestos to emulate James Joyce

Lizzie:  Potatoooooos and Catholics forever

Cain:  and fuck the British

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 31, 2015, 09:03:22 PM
Lizzie:  I think I may be most excited about Irish lit

Lizzie:  "They're always after me lucky charms!"

Cain:  enjoy 10,000 hours of James Joyce's ramblings

Lizzie:  Not sure who we are covering

Lizzie:  I think it says

Lizzie:  What do they ramble about

Lizzie:  Potatoes? And famine?

Cain:  the fucking British

Cain:  you'll be covering IRA Manifestos 1916-1962 and PIRA Manifestos 1963-1998

Cain:  and James Jpyce

Cain:  and IRA manifestos in the style of James Joyce

Cain:  and potato poetry

Cain:  by James Joyce

Cain:  term paper will be on the symbolic use of potatoes in IRA manifestos to emulate James Joyce

Lizzie:  Potatoooooos and Catholics forever

Cain:  and fuck the British

:lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Today we fumigated the apartment I just moved into, but there are still roaches scuttling around.

Roommate: This is just how it is in Fresno. There're roaches. And this is the best I've had it.

Me: (holding a battery-powered spray bottle of Raid, reading the label) I should order some more diatomaceous earth. My last roommate wouldn't let me use any and threw out my box of it.

Roommate: What is that, diet pills?

M: It's microscopic triangles that slice up roaches. He thought it was dangerous but would spray Raid in the kitchen willy nilly.

R: What? I'll have to research it.

M: It kills insects and arachnids by slicing up their joints and they die of dehydration. You just lightly powder it in their hiding places.

R: I don't want to mess with no chemicals.

M: It's not a chemical. And it's safe for humans to eat. You can buy it in food grade, people feed it to their horses.

R: How is it made then?

M: It's the fossilized bodies of diatoms. So it's made of stone over millions of years.

R: But where do people get it?

M: (I look it up on my phone) I don't know.

R: I don't know. I'll ask J about it. I don't want no chemicals in here.

M: We spray this stuff in the kitchen (I point to the Raid) and it's chemicals that actually can harm people and pets. Diatomaceous earth doesn't kill bugs through chemical means. It slices them up.

R: But what if it gets in the air?

M: The Raid actually does get in the air and it's literally poison that's airborne. The diatomaceous earth isn't good to inhale but it isn't like inhaling poison.

R: I don't know. I don't want to mess with no poison in here.

M: Oh my God. It's not poison. Why are people okay with spraying Raid all over their kitchen but not diatomaceous earth under appliances and shit?

R: How does it kill bugs then?

M: It slices them up. But we're too big for it to hurt us. It gets lodged in their joints when they crawl through it.

R: Hmmm.... So it would be like if I fed you spaghetti with glass in it?

M: Yeah, kind of. Except bugs don't have to eat it.

R: That's how my mother killed my father, she put powdered glass in his spaghetti and it cut up his intestines. (she gestures by wiggling her fingers around her stomach and makes a gagging face)

M: (I note that my roommate made us spaghetti not long after I moved in) Ah! That's horrible!

R: He was a wife beater. He abused her.

M: Whoa, maybe he deserved it then....

R: I don't want none of that stuff up in here. What if it gets in our food?

M: I will eat a bunch of it just to prove it's safe.

R: (she shakes her head and walks off) Hmm-mm, I don't wanna mess with none of that.

M: Okay. Well, I don't think my daughter will be able to visit with all the poison and roaches. (I retreat back to my room to take stock of my life)

R: (she comes to my room after a few minutes) Well, you should be able to have your daughter visit. You can put that stuff down, just show me where you put it when you do.

M: Thanks R. But I can't even afford a car right now so she won't be visiting any time soon.

R: We're going to have a car. Watch, I'm going to win Publisher's Clearing House.

M: (I attempt a smile) That would be nice. (I watch a large roach run underneath my dresser)
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Q. G. Pennyworth

Fuck roaches so hard. At least sense kind of won in the end?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sweet merciful fuck, you're living with a moron.

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 09, 2015, 03:53:43 PM
Fuck roaches so hard. At least sense kind of won in the end?

Yeah, I suppose. I don't know how I feel about using the "think of the children" argument, but it was really my main concern. I hate roaches but if it were only me that I had to worry about it would just be a nasty annoyance that I wouldn't make a big deal about.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 09, 2015, 04:34:55 PM
Sweet merciful fuck, you're living with a moron.

Maybe. She's lived on the streets for a lot of her life and recently had a stroke, so I cut her a lot of slack.

Cain

We need a picture of your housemate, so we can put "fucking diatomaceous earth, how does it work?" over it and turn her into an overused meme in the pest control community.

Doktor Howl

Quote"I say to you, get up and walk!" Immediately the SJW rose on his feet and began checking the privileges of everyone around him. He looked at Jesus and said, "'Get up and walk,' seriously? I mean, I'm glad I can walk again, but really, you're kind of a shitlord." Jesus told the manchild, "Your rage has healed you. Go in peace, or whatever you use instead."

- Nathaniel Sullivan
Molon Lube