News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Praetorians are rascals. 

So I was thrown into a Silver game while totally unprepared with a level 14 human engineer (thanks matchmaking!) armed with only the Arc Pistol (which isn't terrible, but is hardly a boss killer except when on an Infiltrator).  Oh, and it was the Hazard Ghost map, so no shields half the time, due to acid rain.  Unless fighting indoors, of course, which is it's own special hell.

Anyway, me and the Krogan Vanguard are tag-teaming a Praetorian in one of these buildings, which is harder than it sounds when you realize said building is pretty small, Krogans are large, and Praetorians are at least twice the size of a Krogan.  Despite going down several times between us, we manage to destroy the beast.  The Krogan goes down, so I rush in to revive.  As is usual when I do such things, I look around as I go for it, I see another goddamn Praetorian at full health, hovering directly behind me.

Naturally, I shit myself, and get executed.

Things this big should not fly silently, Bioware!

Richter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 04, 2013, 09:12:49 PM
So I just fired Don and walked him out.

I think I'm gonna go have some alone time.  See you guys next week.

You tried to do what you could for him.  Sucks though.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

I think it's hilarious.

Anyway, year end stuff going on, very busy, will be around when I can.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Our new safety tech is every bit as much of a weasel as Ken Roberts of yore was.

:crankey:

Time to fire up the Horrible Bastard Machine.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Juana

See ya around, Roger. Hope it goes smoothly.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 07, 2013, 09:29:43 PM
Our new safety tech is every bit as much of a weasel as Ken Roberts of yore was.

Must've been before my time. how bad was that guy?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Juana Go? on January 07, 2013, 09:36:52 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 07, 2013, 09:29:43 PM

Must've been before my time. how bad was that guy?

Oh, you were here.  I just didn't bitch too much about it. 

He'd lurk around with a notepad, writing down safety violations, then run to the plant manager with a laundry list...Instead of, you know, stopping the unsafe act and then talking to the person's direct supervisor.  He also thought he was an engineer.

This one's just as bad, for all the same reasons.  She thinks that she's qualified to make changes to live (ie, people walk on them) structures, and she refuses to stop an unsafe act, instead going to the plant manager or Lilly, who is effectively the assistant plant manager.

Juana

What a dweeb, on both counts. What Horrible Bastadry have you got in store for her?

Don Coyote

I may be back from my video game coma, but college quarter started.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Juana Go? on January 07, 2013, 09:44:38 PM
What a dweeb, on both counts. What Horrible Bastadry have you got in store for her?

Oh, I think I'll start off with a light serving of passive disengagement, followed by a pound of mackeral above her ceiling risers.

Sister Fracture

Good day, my Fearful children.  I have apparently forgotten the password to my regular account, so I am here to be all spiritual and shit until Tucson's shadow washes over me.  Again.
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Juana

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 07, 2013, 10:51:12 PM

Oh, I think I'll start off with a light serving of passive disengagement, followed by a pound of mackeral above her ceiling risers.
:lulz: Oh god.

Quote from: Sister Fracture on January 07, 2013, 11:39:25 PM
Good day, my Fearful children.  I have apparently forgotten the password to my regular account, so I am here to be all spiritual and shit until Tucson's shadow washes over me.  Again.
Greetings, Sister.

My favorite bar is gone. :( And all the others in the area are shitty clubs, too loud, or have horrible service. Time to find a new one.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Juana Go? on January 08, 2013, 12:52:55 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 07, 2013, 10:51:12 PM

:lulz: Oh god.

Quote from: Sister Fracture on January 07, 2013, 11:39:25 PM
Greetings, Sister.

My favorite bar is gone. :( And all the others in the area are shitty clubs, too loud, or have horrible service. Time to find a new one.

Or just do it the Roger way, and drink alone.  In the dark.  Straight up, no chaser.

TGRR,
Doesn't drink often, but when does, he wants to have a word with the asshole at the bottom of the bottle.