News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Cooking the Badges way: Just Fucking Wing It

Started by BADGE OF HONOR, September 18, 2008, 07:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

This will hopefully be a regular thing because I like to cook and it forces me to do my dishes.  The format will be: ingredients for all dishes, then instructions on how to cook everything at once cause that's how I roll.

HERE IS A DINNER FOR TWO THAT I COOKED TONIGHT AND ATE ALONE  :cry:

Sauteed apples & onions
1/2 large white onion
1 apple--I used Gala because that's what I had, but any tart variety should work
horseradish
fresh ground nutmeg--I have one of those whole nutmegs/grater deals, the end product is much sharper and more aromatic than pre-ground.  Also great in leek & potato soup, by the way.

I also considered putting in ginger, mustard, turmeric, cinnamon, or curry powder.  Anything warm and spicy would have worked.

Rosemary Pork Chops
2 pork chops
handful of rosemary
handful of garlic cloves

Mashed potatoes
2 potatoes
milk
(not as boring as it looks)

First things first, chop those potatoes up in little chunks and throw em in some boiling water.  Then slice your onion and put it in a skillet with some butter.  Cook to desired degree.  Slice apple, add to skillet.  Throw on desired spices.  Set aside.  Don't overcook or the apple will get mushy!  I learned this because I took too long deciding what to put on them :(
Chop each garlic clove in half or so, heat in a skillet with rosemary and olive oil. 
Remember those potatoes?  They should be boiled half to death now.  Mash the crap out of them!  (note to self: buy a potato masher)
Oh crap that garlic is looking a little brown.  No matter!  Scoop them out and put them in the potatoes.  Yum.
Throw your pork chops into the hot skillet, salt and pepper til they look good.  Cook til pink inside, especially if you're like me and leave the finding of a clean plate til the last minute, the residual heat will finish the job.

Yay food. 
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Payne

YES!

Put some dried chives in with your mashed potatoes, makes them look super classy.

Also, I will eat with you.

Richter

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on September 18, 2008, 07:04:35 AM
Sauteed apples & onions
1/2 large white onion
1 apple--I used Gala because that's what I had, but any tart variety should work
horseradish
fresh ground nutmeg--I have one of those whole nutmegs/grater deals, the end product is much sharper and more aromatic than pre-ground.  Also great in leek & potato soup, by the way.

How much of the Horseradish? 

handful of garlic cloves

You roll correctly!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

East Coast Hustle

FWIW: Mashed potatoes with no butter in them will be a capital crime when I am king.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Payne

ofuk, I never even noticed the lack of butter  :x

BADGER, HOW COULD YOU?!

AFK

Also, Maine potatoes > Idaho potatoes.

We don't have much to brag about so I try to work it in wherever I can.   :D
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I thought it sounded delicious!

I have done the apple-onion type dish with granny smith apples and red onions (awesome colors) but I 've never added horseradish. 

I like horseradish, just don't do a lot with it....

Darth Cupcake

Mmmm yes butter in mashed potatoes. And garlic. And happiness.

God I love mashed potatoes.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Suu

I told you the epic awesome of that which is apples and onions.  :fap:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Richter on September 18, 2008, 01:37:32 PM
Sauteed apples & onions
1/2 large white onion
horseradish

How much of the Horseradish? 

handful of garlic cloves

You roll correctly!

Uhh.  A teaspoon or so?  Measuring is not part of the Just Fucking Wing It method.

I did not have enough garlic :(
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Dr. Payne on September 18, 2008, 02:17:40 PM
ofuk, I never even noticed the lack of butter  :x

BADGER, HOW COULD YOU?!

I don't know it just seems weird to me.  Butter-lovers can add later but it's not how I roll.

I wish I'd had some rolls :(

BADGE OF HONOR

Okay, I just got back from my dad's house.  He has a masive garden and I now have:

-a zucchini
-two small yellow squash like thing
-several banana peppers
-"tabasco" peppers
-hot red peppers
-carrots
-a parsnip
-three small and one large tomato

Thinking...chicken noodle soup perhaps?

Also carrots fresh from the ground is mouth paradise.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on September 19, 2008, 01:10:50 AM

I don't know it just seems weird to me.  Butter-lovers can add later but it's not how I roll.

W

T

F

?

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

If it wasn't for butter, I wouldn't exist.

But heck, if she doesn't like butter, she doesn't like it, ECH.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

BADGE OF HONOR

I like butter I do really.  Just not in mashed potatoes...