News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Election Night. Gimme My Fix.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 06, 2012, 04:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

It's only times like these that I regret having a child.

Do you suppose he's right about youth hating older people? Are people smart enough to place blame like that? Or will they do what thu have to do without thinking about who got them there?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

AFK

Good News everyone, Obama officially has won Florida.  No hanging chads, no recounts, and even better, Florida didn't fucking matter this year!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on November 11, 2012, 12:34:37 AM

Do you suppose he's right about youth hating older people? Are people smart enough to place blame like that? Or will they do what thu have to do without thinking about who got them there?

Take it all with a grain of salt.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Quote from: CAKE on November 11, 2012, 12:36:06 AM

Naturally. I feel that, especially in times of hardship and struggle, people find a way. We are tenacious in that way. Like a stubborn fungal infection.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on November 11, 2012, 12:40:01 AM
Quote from: CAKE on November 11, 2012, 12:36:06 AM

Naturally. I feel that, especially in times of hardship and struggle, people find a way. We are tenacious in that way. Like a stubborn fungal infection.

Of the scrote. Exactly. Not even Gold Bond will get rid of us.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Eh, younger generations have, and always will, blame the older generations for the ills of society.  It's just the nature of the beast.

Besides, it is perfectly logical if you think about it.  What's progress?  Making things better, which means things had to be worse before the improvements. 

That's not to discount or discredit the gigantic piles of shit we have to wade through today, but I think no matter what, there will always be a natural tension between the young and the old.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Salty

I got this image in my head when I read that of mohawked street-punks in the very Robo-Cop-like future that bear down on elderly couples carrying grocery bags with lead pipes screaming: WHY DIDN'T YOU REALIZE THAT AUSTERITY WAS AS POINTLESS AS IT WAS STUPID.

I felt fear because I might be one of those old people, and elation because they really, really deserve it.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Mangrove on November 10, 2012, 11:03:04 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 10, 2012, 08:17:13 PM
The butthurt continues:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md8whs3Mml1rkc4gco1_400.jpg

Poster should read: If you voted for Barack Obama, you elected a democratic president that relaxed gun laws.

He has certainly helped the gun industry by being useful as some menacing spectre, prompting sales.
and he certainly has made no moves thus far to tighten gun laws.
... but how has he relaxed them?

Juana

Mitt Romney's facebook page seems to be losing about a thousand likes an hour. :lulz:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Epimetheus

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 11, 2012, 01:42:52 AM
Mitt Romney's facebook page seems to be losing about a thousand likes an hour. :lulz:

:lol: A friend mentioned that. It's like -2 per second.
Obama's is about +1 per sec
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Salty

Quote from: chimes on November 11, 2012, 02:08:26 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 11, 2012, 01:42:52 AM

:lol: A friend mentioned that. It's like -2 per second.
Obama's is about +1 per sec

Man, America really loves a winner.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 11, 2012, 01:28:02 AM
Quote from: Mangrove on November 10, 2012, 11:03:04 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 10, 2012, 08:17:13 PM
The butthurt continues:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md8whs3Mml1rkc4gco1_400.jpg

Poster should read: If you voted for Barack Obama, you elected a democratic president that relaxed gun laws.

He has certainly helped the gun industry by being useful as some menacing spectre, prompting sales.
and he certainly has made no moves thus far to tighten gun laws.
... but how has he relaxed them?

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-vs-romney-gun-control-2012-9

Quotethe only gun-control laws he has signed as president have been to expand gun rights – allowing guns on national park lands and Amtrak trains.

Romney, on the other hand, signed a permanent assault weapons ban for the state of MA while he was governor.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cain

Look at the reaction to the 2008 banking crisis.

I believe that should answer your question.

And there is an already pre-existing sentiment of "boomers dun fucked everything up".  We've seen it occasionally on this forum, where the quality of thinking is generally higher than that of the median voter.

That doesn't mean it will necessarily happen.  The future isn't written in stone after all*.  It just doesn't look good. 

*My favoured candidate for a "man on a horse", General Petraeus, has been brought low, for example.  Having an affair with his biographer, who then attempted to hack his emails?  Prospects for riding in and saving the USA by carrying out "political population-centric COIN" are certainly much lower now.

Suu

I just broke brains by showing the Lifeline Assistance Program was created by Reagan, not Obama.

Seriously, it stunned this Libertarian cunt into silence.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."