News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on June 15, 2014, 08:38:29 PM
Good news: my grandfather's cancer is gone.
Bad news: my aunt is dying from cancer.

That leaves me, my uncle, my sister and my cousin on my father's side.

I've been visiting everyone this weekend. My mind is shot.

Glad to hear about your grandfather, sorry to hear about your aunt. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 15, 2014, 09:39:36 PM
I wish admins could use the ignore feature.

PD is not my favorite place at the moment.

Yeah, that's gotta suck, I'm sorry. :| It'll probably go away eventually.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2014, 03:28:38 PM
Thanks, yeah. 

Hopefully, I wont be at the other place much longer.  I put in an application for a serious job I actually want in London, and I've got an interview for more...civilised work in the meantime.

I hope you land an excellent job with all the trimmings. You've been dealing with bullshit far too long, man.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

What a roller-coaster.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Suu

Had a reenactment of a medieval to late Renaissance Italian palio (civic competition) this weekend. It was the most ridiculous fun I've ever had at one of my events in years. We rolled barrels, slung a wheel of cheese to a target, paraded through the streets and had people on horseback throwing javelins at a target. My contrada came in 2nd, which is worse than any other lower place, because that means we ALMOST got first, and therefore suck the hardest.  :lulz:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Quote from: The Suu on June 16, 2014, 02:55:53 AM
Had a reenactment of a medieval to late Renaissance Italian palio (civic competition) this weekend. It was the most ridiculous fun I've ever had at one of my events in years. We rolled barrels, slung a wheel of cheese to a target, paraded through the streets and had people on horseback throwing javelins at a target. My contrada came in 2nd, which is worse than any other lower place, because that means we ALMOST got first, and therefore suck the hardest.  :lulz:

I don't think 2nd place means what you think it means. Congrats on what sounds like a kick-ass time!

minuspace

Chelagoras The Boulder

:sad:I feel you man. two of my uncles are in a similar way. Hope everything works out for you.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Suu

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 16, 2014, 04:03:37 AM
Quote from: The Suu on June 16, 2014, 02:55:53 AM

I don't think 2nd place means what you think it means. Congrats on what sounds like a kick-ass time!

No, that's what it is. 2nd place is the 1st loser. Was my team mad? Nah, it was a lot of fun. But in Italy today and back then? Horrible. I think this may go back to the Greek theatre festivals, because even at the City Dionysia if you won, you were awesome, if you got 2nd, you were insulted and that was terrible. This is why us Mediterranean folks have huge egos that are crushed easily.  :lulz:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

UB

Quote from: LuciferX on June 16, 2014, 07:16:17 AM

That's a beautiful essence with an asphalt strength dose of morning coffee. Thank you for sharing it.
Within the grip of Err.... some are fucked in the head by a fist of fire.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Just bought the textbook for my IP Law class. It's softbound and cost approximately a dollar a page.

I feel like that was the first lesson...
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

UB

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on June 16, 2014, 03:28:00 PM
Just bought the textbook for my IP Law class. It's softbound and cost approximately a dollar a page.

I feel like that was the first lesson...

Unmistakably Understood.

Google books are sometimes free to download and if you'd like a few sites I've found, PM me or point me to an appropriate thread.
Within the grip of Err.... some are fucked in the head by a fist of fire.