News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

The Cell from American Politics

Started by AFK, September 15, 2008, 05:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Pun intended.

Because it is in the sell from Political Parties, that I believe people allow their cells to be artificially altered or reconstructed.

The Palin pick is a good example.

The implication of Palin seemed to be that if you were a woman, you need to consider Palin, simply because you are a woman and a woman should consider a woman because she is a woman.  It's like they are taking that cell bar of biology and laminating it upon all of the other bars in your cell.  And it appears, when looking at polls, it is having some impact. 

It is very easy to fall into this game of identity politics.  To believe them when they tell you that there are certain bars in your cell that you SHOULD have and that SHOULD be affecting how you vote.  Because they want to herd you into a neat pigeonhole with other "likeminded" voters. 

Politicians are good at this.  Finding one of these bars that has significant sway and blowing up its importance.  These election cycles seem to, at least, throw off some short-term shrapnel to get some of us off of our path, to consider making a choice that may not be entirely our own.  To knock us into the path of throwing the lever for their guy because we are supposed to be concerned with his issues in the manner he is concerned with them.  Otherwise, we are un-American.

ZANG!

The bar of Patriotism.  The bar of Lurve of Country.  Shame.  Guilt.  Blinded Patriotic Pride!

The key is to support without succumbing.  To stand firm with OUR beliefs, not THEIRS. 
It can be done and it should be encouraged. 

Because, it's really for the best that we know what we are getting ourselves into when we throw those levers.  Gives you some time to prepare for the outcomes. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Verbal Mike

You also have to simply be aware that for decades now (cf. Century of the Self), elections have been about manipulating voters to choose you, not about putting the best possible candidates and policies out there. It's painfully obvious with this VP pick.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.