News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Making Occult Studies more Accessible

Started by LHX, December 20, 2006, 08:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen_Gogira on February 14, 2012, 07:07:29 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 14, 2012, 07:06:06 PM
This thread makes Occult Jesus cry.
Occult Jesus makes Baby Jesus cholera spray hose.

shutup it's totally a verb now.

Isn't.

That aside, the occult is unadulterated bad signal, and as for the "mindhack" part of it, that's like saying you're smearing dog shit on your glasses so you can see more clearly.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

sorry? I felt like there was some good juice in the OP, but if you only bumped this so you could shit in it, I'll just back out of the thread and leave you to your work

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on February 14, 2012, 07:11:06 PM

sorry? I felt like there was some good juice in the OP, but if you only bumped this so you could shit in it, I'll just back out of the thread and leave you to your work

Oh, for fuck's sake.

SORRY, CRAM, I SHALL REFRAIN FROM EXPRESSING MY OPINION ON THIS SUBJECT IN THE FUTURE.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cramulus

Yo, don't poop in my mouth and tell me it's ice cream! Telarus and I put some thought into our posts ITT today, and you brushed us off with "this makes jesus cry". It's not like you addressed anything that's been said ITT, you just took a dump. Nobody's saying you're not allowed to do that, but don't act like I'm an asshole for getting annoyed when you shit on my post.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on February 14, 2012, 07:23:05 PM
Yo, don't poop in my mouth and tell me it's ice cream! Telarus and I put some thought into our posts ITT today, and you brushed us off with "this makes jesus cry". It's not like you addressed anything that's been said ITT, you just took a dump. Nobody's saying you're not allowed to do that, but don't act like I'm an asshole for getting annoyed when you shit on my post.

There's a fucking solution for that, isn't there?

The Good Reverend Roger

Okay, calmed down enough to type.

Cram, I was expressing my views of the OP and the first two pages of similar drivel that I waded through, not of YOUR fucking posts.  But since you see fit to call me a liar, then you can go fuck yourself.

Nuff said.

East Coast Hustle

Since this subforum is about thinking for yourself and that requires, y'know, thinking, and since getting hung up on occult mumbo jumbo bullshit isn't something thinking bipeds DO, I think I'll just move this straight to Apple Talk.

WHAT NOW MUTHAFUCKAS? :ECH:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on February 14, 2012, 09:09:34 PM
Since this subforum is about thinking for yourself and that requires, y'know, thinking, and since getting hung up on occult mumbo jumbo bullshit isn't something thinking bipeds DO, I think I'll just move this straight to Apple Talk.

WHAT NOW MUTHAFUCKAS? :ECH:

Only problem with that is that you'd be thinking FOR them.

I mean, it doesn't say "THINK FOR YOURSELF CORRECTLY", or anything.

(Personally, I still think we need a MAHJICKE subforum, for the same reason I need my own bathroom at work.)

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 14, 2012, 07:08:59 PM
That aside, the occult is unadulterated bad signal, and as for the "mindhack" part of it, that's like saying you're smearing dog shit on your glasses so you can see more clearly.

Are you including meditation and hypnosis in this fecal optics system?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on February 14, 2012, 09:25:27 PM

If by meditation, you mean, "sitting down and thinking about shit", then no. 

And I don't see anything magickle about hypnosis.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 14, 2012, 09:55:09 PM
Quote from: Net on February 14, 2012, 09:25:27 PM

If by meditation, you mean, "sitting down and thinking about shit", then no. 

And I don't see anything magickle about hypnosis.

By meditation I mean I focus completely on my senses and cease all internal dialogue.

I've always approached occultism as various forms of self-hypnosis which is often mistaken for evidence of the supernatural.

However, that mistake isn't a necessary component of madgickque, just a popular one.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on February 14, 2012, 10:52:42 PM

By meditation I mean I focus completely on my senses and cease all internal dialogue.

Out here in flyover land, we call that "relaxing".

And, as you say, none of it is magickle.  So why would anyone call it that?

East Coast Hustle

Not only that, by why do people need to self-hypnotize to achieve results that can be achieved through cognizant effort?

I mean, if you have to trick yourself into a certain state of mind, it's probably a sign that you're not really ready to be in that state of mind.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

minuspace

Quote from: LHX on December 20, 2006, 09:41:19 PM

existentialism seems to promote detachment while the mystique gives people a desire to be much more involved...

interesting interesting...

Very interesting:  there seems to be an Enlightenment current that would have detachment correlated with objective and rational thought, in turn believed to be more in accordance with what is true.  This would be something like Camu's vision of existential truth rooted in Platonic thought about ideal objects.  Then there is the German existentialism that advocates truth IS our human way of being involved in things.  I'm now more fond of the latter, although it's interesting to catch the reversals.  I figure, if the universe is one big computer, I don't want it to think human experience is redundant for calculations of any significance (I think that was one of the reversals)  :lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LuciferX on February 15, 2012, 02:50:25 AM
Quote from: LHX on December 20, 2006, 09:41:19 PM

existentialism seems to promote detachment while the mystique gives people a desire to be much more involved...

interesting interesting...

Very interesting:  there seems to be an Enlightenment current that would have detachment correlated with objective and rational thought, in turn believed to be more in accordance with what is true.  This would be something like Camu's vision of existential truth rooted in Platonic thought about ideal objects.  Then there is the German existentialism that advocates truth IS our human way of being involved in things.  I'm now more fond of the latter, although it's interesting to catch the reversals.  I figure, if the universe is one big computer, I don't want it to think human experience is redundant for calculations of any significance (I think that was one of the reversals)  :lol:

NIGEL!  TRANSLATION, PLEASE?