News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

ITT: You find LSD

Started by I_Kicked_Kennedy, August 05, 2008, 01:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphaella

oh shit I almost forgot this one too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_baby_woodrose we had been using the morning glories for a while and then Tim ordered these things from the internet! They worked great! Much better than eating a shit load of morning glory pods/seeds. You only need to eat a few of these woodrose seeds, and they work very well. 
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Cain

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 05, 2008, 07:42:42 PM
Quote from: Evil Bitch For Hire on August 05, 2008, 07:40:21 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 05, 2008, 07:34:17 PM
You can get high on nutmeg too.  But not by snorting it. 

Is that a rumor or have you tried it?  OUCH!

No, in my position I hear about all of the latest fads and tricks.  (Jenkem anyone?)

It's also in the Anarchist Cookbook.  But from what I've heard if you make a tea out of it, from its pure form, it has some hallucinogenic properties.  But no, I've not tried it. 

Nothing in the Anarchist cookbook is ever worth listening to, ever.

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: Cain on August 05, 2008, 10:26:42 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 05, 2008, 07:42:42 PM
Quote from: Evil Bitch For Hire on August 05, 2008, 07:40:21 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 05, 2008, 07:34:17 PM
You can get high on nutmeg too.  But not by snorting it. 

Is that a rumor or have you tried it?  OUCH!

No, in my position I hear about all of the latest fads and tricks.  (Jenkem anyone?)

It's also in the Anarchist Cookbook.  But from what I've heard if you make a tea out of it, from its pure form, it has some hallucinogenic properties.  But no, I've not tried it. 

Nothing in the Anarchist cookbook is ever worth listening to, ever.

This is very correct. Nutmeg, while a psychoactive drug, will send you on a 3 day deleriant trip that very few people come back from feeling good about what they just did with themselves. I only attempted it once, and ended up with a threshold "whoah" sort of feeling and my short term memory was severely messed with. And the anarchist cookbook also spouts bullshit like saying banana peels contains some crazy psychedelic called "bananadine".

As far as "tripping balls off of plants you totally wouldn't have thought were psychedelic" goes, I've had some success with coleus blumei (yes, the plant in lots of backyards). Make a quid with some leaves and chew like crazy, holding in the juices as long as you can stand, and you get a mild, dreamy trip. The Mazatec, the people who started using s. divinorum for tripping, used it a bit. The only problem with it is that there's a shitload of very similar looking varieties of coleus, they're crossbred a lot with each other (as all ornamental plants are), and there's only one that will do anything psychoactive. 
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on August 05, 2008, 06:55:09 AM
DMT & Salvia: Exactly what's wrong with society today. Businessman trips. You're out for 10-15 minutes, then back. "Oh man, but I'm in another friggin' galaxy, like wow"... yeah, but you don't bring anything back. In, out, quick and painless, and you've learned nothing about the reality around you.

Ur doin it wrong.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on August 05, 2008, 01:06:30 AM

Ok, so where is it?

What the hell happened to LSD? Why is nobody taking it anymore, and where did it go?

Could this be why US is  :cry: ?

I don't really do drugs but I would assume that LSD is not popular because it has long lasting and sometimes very serious effects.

LSD is the crack-cocaine of hallucinogens. There's a reason it's cheap.

Cramulus

if by "long lasting" you mean 8-12 hours, yeah

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Based on the research I did back when I was thinking about tripping on acid, it was more like the rest of your life including flashbacks, mental impairments and birth defects in your offspring.

If you want to argue about this, I don't really care enough about the subject to argue about it. The research I did could've been flawed but it seemed credible enough to me.

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Quote from: ten ton mantis on August 06, 2008, 02:05:21 AM
Based on the research I did back when I was thinking about tripping on acid, it was more like the rest of your life including flashbacks, mental impairments and birth defects in your offspring.

If you want to argue about this, I don't really care enough about the subject to argue about it. The research I did could've been flawed but it seemed credible enough to me.

I expected a little more from you TTM. The flashbacks, mental impairments, and birth defects are all narc talking points that have been refuted many many times.

Here's someone who researched the research:
http://www.maps.org/research/abrahart.html#chp1
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Cain

As I understand it, those who suffer problems from the use of LSD are those who have underlying mental problems in the first place, and do not use it as part of a structured therapy routine with professional and experienced practitioners.

I_Kicked_Kennedy

^
Yeah, I'd feel better if other people like you jumped in here. I'm a perma-noob lurk-turd, so I feel awkward when I have to set somebody like Mantis straight.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Cain

Mantis is cool, and you have links and stuff so I'm sure he wont mind.

But yes, its hard to say since we have to work with stats from the 60s or among habitual drug users (neither of which are very reliable) but it does seem to be the case that LSD is not dangerous unless you were going to have a psychotic break anyway.  All LSD does is replicate how the brain works with a few of the buffers down anyway, it makes sense that problems would be deeper-seated.

Richter and Cram might know more, I know both of them are pretty knowledgeable about psychology.

tyrannosaurus vex

speaking as a person who at one time had a very long and intense affair with LSD, i can say that the "flashbacks" are much exaggerated. they happen, but it isn't like falling into a random 8-hour trip all over again. also, i'm pretty sure neither of my children were born with any defects, physical or otherwise. as for long-term "effects," i think what they mean is that by taking LSD repeatedly and with the intent to expand your perception, you have a higher risk of not falling for their bullshit all the time, which is a problem, but not for the user.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

There is a massive problem with silent data here.  Because, lets be honest, the only time an LSD user is likely to show up on the mental health services radar is because they are having problems coping.  People who dont have problems with LSD, aren't counted, because taking LSD is illegal and there is no way to quantify the overall population.

tyrannosaurus vex

sometimes they also show up because they were picked up at the local post office overturning trash cans and setting garbage on fire.

just saying.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.