What do you put down as your religion for online dating profiles?

Started by McGrupp, July 10, 2013, 02:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

Fucking autocorrect. Yes. Cohn. And gay Mormons.

It's kind of all over the place.

LMNO

If you have the Netflix thing, the HBO movie of the play has a lot of good actors, and do a really good job.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 10, 2013, 03:52:48 AM
If you have the Netflix thing, the HBO movie of the play has a lot of good actors, and do a really good job.

I don't have netflix.  :(
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also can't really get it, since Comcast out here assumes on large downloads that you are stealing, and suspends your account.

Yay Arizona.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Hmph. Could be in a video rental store? If its any encouragement, Emma Thompson is the Angel in your picture.

And, believe it or not, one of the subplots is God left, and the angels are scrambling to keep things running.

AFK

Quote from: McGrupp on July 10, 2013, 02:45:30 AM
So, last couple of months I've made some pretty awesome life changes. Got myself sorted out, feeling good about myself, great even, and I've been getting outside and actually doing stuff. I'm ready to get back on the horse and get myself back out in the dating pool. New apartment, new location, figured I'd try online dating. Start making a profile, everything's going great. I'm not sweating the details or worrying about which username best represents me as a person. I'm on a roll.

Then comes the religion box. What the hell should I put here? Buddhism/Tao seems fairly accurate, somewhat. Agnostic or Spiritual but not religious somewhat less accurate but maybe more innocuous. But what am I doing trying to be more innocuous? The obvious one would be to check other and then just put Discordian in the more info box.

My conundrum is this: On the one hand I'm far more interested in whether a potential date shares my interests in comics or likes to go to museums or go hiking than diving right into an explanation of the crazy fun house that is my beliefs. I've never really felt the urge to evangelize or anything like that, why not just leave it blank and be done with it?

On the other hand, I can sum up my experience with Discordianism in two sentences. I'm far more confused about the world and my life than ever before. I'm also much happier. Hot dog! Mission accomplished, religion. (or mission accomplishing, to be more accurate) Why shouldn't I simply state Discordian and move on?

So, for those of you who have used online dating, what did you put for religion?

In the meantime I simply put Incan Monkey God as a placeholder which, now that I'm thinking about it, may be the solution I was looking for.

Which site are you using?  I used OKC, where I met my girlfriend and I just put other.  I had no delusions that I would ever find an attractive female Discordian in Maine so it didn't seem necessary to fret too much about that.  And like you say, I was more interested in commonalities in other areas.  Music, life experiences, activities, etc,  And so I ended up with my cute Libertarian atheist. 

Good luck with it man!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 10, 2013, 04:00:05 AM
Hmph. Could be in a video rental store? If its any encouragement, Emma Thompson is the Angel in your picture.

And, believe it or not, one of the subplots is God left, and the angels are scrambling to keep things running.

1.  :fap:

2.  :lulz:
Molon Lube

McGrupp

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on July 10, 2013, 04:04:35 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on July 10, 2013, 02:45:30 AM
So, last couple of months I've made some pretty awesome life changes. Got myself sorted out, feeling good about myself, great even, and I've been getting outside and actually doing stuff. I'm ready to get back on the horse and get myself back out in the dating pool. New apartment, new location, figured I'd try online dating. Start making a profile, everything's going great. I'm not sweating the details or worrying about which username best represents me as a person. I'm on a roll.

Then comes the religion box. What the hell should I put here? Buddhism/Tao seems fairly accurate, somewhat. Agnostic or Spiritual but not religious somewhat less accurate but maybe more innocuous. But what am I doing trying to be more innocuous? The obvious one would be to check other and then just put Discordian in the more info box.

My conundrum is this: On the one hand I'm far more interested in whether a potential date shares my interests in comics or likes to go to museums or go hiking than diving right into an explanation of the crazy fun house that is my beliefs. I've never really felt the urge to evangelize or anything like that, why not just leave it blank and be done with it?

On the other hand, I can sum up my experience with Discordianism in two sentences. I'm far more confused about the world and my life than ever before. I'm also much happier. Hot dog! Mission accomplished, religion. (or mission accomplishing, to be more accurate) Why shouldn't I simply state Discordian and move on?

So, for those of you who have used online dating, what did you put for religion?

In the meantime I simply put Incan Monkey God as a placeholder which, now that I'm thinking about it, may be the solution I was looking for.

Which site are you using?  I used OKC, where I met my girlfriend and I just put other.  I had no delusions that I would ever find an attractive female Discordian in Maine so it didn't seem necessary to fret too much about that.  And like you say, I was more interested in commonalities in other areas.  Music, life experiences, activities, etc,  And so I ended up with my cute Libertarian atheist. 

Good luck with it man!

Thanks. I'm trying out match.com, and yeah, commonalities are where it's at. As long as she's not a zealot or has wings and smashes through my wall I think it'll be just fine.

Actually I'm going to put wings and wallsmashing ability down as a maybe until I see that movie.

AFK

Cool, I used that one too and was able to meet and date some pretty cool women through it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Ben Shapiro

MrMillion

i always put down catholic since that is what i am. I don't feel the need to lie about my religion. If the girl is against my religion, then ill just move on to the next. Online dating is filled with ladies, especially at charming date. You can learn all about it at http://www.freedatinghelper.com/reviews/charmingdate-com/ now.

Left

I forget what I put on OKC.
I deleted after I and girlfriendo got serious...and I decided polyamory was too labor-intensive.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

GrannySmith

I have no internet dating account since I got grandpa smith but in sites that ask i put Fenderson. But I could use pastafarian too ;)
  X