News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Snow.

Started by Ben Shapiro, February 10, 2013, 01:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

:? Everyone ok up North? Drink lots of cider.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The silence is unnerving. Then again, it IS the weekend.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Okay down in my area.  Several hundred thousand people across the state were out of power, though, including a large chunk of the Boston suburbs.  It looks like most of them are back on.  It's really from my neighborhood out to Cape Cod that has the most outages now.  My apartment didn't actually lose it at any point, so we were lucky.

Official tally from Logan airport was 24.9 inches.  Haven't got a good count from the southcoast but we were supposed to get about 6" less than them.

It's been a long day of shoveling on my street, including a fun part where my girlfriend and I walked down to dig her car out and found the jackholes down there shoveling onto her car, tripling our workload.  I gave them some shit and they helped us out a bit, at least.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

AFK

We got thumped pretty good here in Maine.  I think they had pretty much 3 feet in Portland.  I had over two feet at my house.  Took me better part of two hours to clean it up so I could actually leave my house.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Greater Boston Area is ok. Matter of fact, I was even able to get a chicken parm sub.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

LAst I heard though, the MBTA still wasn't running, so I'm stuck with whatever is in walking distance for now anyway.

East Coast Hustle

I have seen snow almost every day this week.

Because it's been beautiful and sunny alot, so I can see the snow-capped peaks of the Cascades and the Olympics.

I think I did see 3 or 4 flakes stick to the pavement in the cul-de-sac I live in back in December.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Providence sucks monkey dicks.

No word from the mayor or the governor involving the loss of plows on Friday night.

Not a single plow has touched my street.

And the idea of plows running on Sundays is fucking ludicrous, also. Every piece of shit fat goombah that owns one will happily go free their mothers for a gabbagool sangwich, but they aren't going to come this way.  I can't walk to the main road to even catch a bus. I'm trapped by a 5 foot wall of snow that separates "That which have been plowed" and "that street full of Guatemalans."

Well, the epic Guatemalan families on my street have been busting their ASSES trying to shovel every driveway and help anyone they can. My driveway is clear. The parking lot where Navyguy is parked 2 houses down isn't bad, but this bitch of a woman who lives there cleaned her own car off and a path for herself and threw snow in the way of everyone else...Guess what we're doing today.  :evil:

I'm so glad I'm moving out of this cunt of a city before next winter. I hate it. I want it to burn back into the fucking swamp from whence it came.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Where you moving to?

All MBTA service is still suspended. They hope they can resume service tomorrow. The fuck? Gonna loaf about in my boxers.

Also, bearman- it just occured to me, there is someone here who lives near the border of NH- trippinprincess. Perhaps you were confusing me for her.

Mangrove

The Territories of Mangville.

About 3ft of snow. No loss of power which is a friggin' miracle. Managed to avert a running out of heating oil disaster with an 11th hour purchase of 5 gal. of Kerosine.

Phew!

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Hah, Mang, if you want a thought to help keep you warm....just imagine how people in England would react to 3 feet of snow.

Mangrove

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2013, 05:59:37 PM
Hah, Mang, if you want a thought to help keep you warm....just imagine how people in England would react to 3 feet of snow.

True! The UK usually grinds to a halt for an 1" of snow, let lone 3'. For me, the snow isn't really much of a problem. My early life was spent in Newfoundland, so huge snow drifts was business as usual. Hell, they didn't ever used to call it a 'storm', it was just 'snow'. It was never an 'if' only a 'when' and 'how many feet'.

Don't know what it's like in other states, but in Connecticut, just about anything that falls from the sky is called a 'storm' even if you get a few tiny flakes gently drifting to the ground. For me, storms imply violence so, if I don't see trees bending over or high-speed debris taking flight, it ain't a storm, it's just winter.

We did have some gusts but nothing like what was promised, at least not where I am in the middle part of the state. The shore got hammered yet again.

My concern wasn't the snow so much as losing power or running out of oil (or both) because I didn't want the pipes to freeze. That would've been the death blow to our rather anemic finances, hence me seeking extra employment.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Suu

Quote from: Queef Erisson on February 10, 2013, 03:36:50 PM
Where you moving to?

All MBTA service is still suspended. They hope they can resume service tomorrow. The fuck? Gonna loaf about in my boxers.

Also, bearman- it just occured to me, there is someone here who lives near the border of NH- trippinprincess. Perhaps you were confusing me for her.

South County near the university. They didn't lose power, and they actually plowed their fucking roads.

My road JUST got cleared. It took a backhoe and a state sand truck to do it, but still no city trucks to be seen. As I've said, Providence doesn't work on Sundays. Union.  :roll:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

trippinprincezz13

Where you moving to?

Was I confused for?

Apparently we got 28" which was mildly surprising. I swear we used to get more snow like this when I was younger. Maybe it just seemed taller then.

BF and I played (tromped around in) the snow with our friends next door until somewhere between 3 & 4 am Fri-Sat. Many a beer and a bit of whiskey was consumed.

Actually had day off together thanks to No-One Can Drive Anywhere. So made breakfast for once (around noon), threw some Cabin Fever + stuff in crockpot to heat up and went outside to dig our half-buried/half plowed in cars out. As usual snow meant park whereever you feel like, don't leave room for anyone else to move, or, in the alternative, don't bother to move your car so the plows can come in, so that was fun. But managed to get cars of the way.

Buried around the area are balloons filled with water and food coloring that are probably still not frozen yet because why would they?
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on February 12, 2013, 05:45:57 PM
Where you moving to?

Was I confused for?

Via Facebook, yes.