News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

ELDER SCROLLS V

Started by Cramulus, December 12, 2010, 07:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

If you can run morrowind, you can run oldblivion.  For serious.  If it can't, I will eat my avatar.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2011, 02:04:23 PM
And how would installing XP help with the fact my computer has a one gig limit on its RAM size, and almost all computer games in the past 3 years give two gig as the minimum system requirement?

Oh, wait, it wouldn't.

But, you know, thanks for assuming I'm a fucking idiot who knows nothing about my own computer.

Dude what?

First of all, not knowing something doesn't make anybody an idiot. Second of all, most people don't bother to learn much about hardwear. Third, you're running Vista on a computer with a mobo that supports a maximum of 1 gig? Are you sure? What board is it?

Also, chill the fuck out. It's ok, I'll wait.

Done? Relaxed? Ok.

You should install XP because it's way more efficient than Vista and even Windows 7. Run as few processes as possible while gaming and you should be able to squeeze a little more power from your system for gaming.

If you've got a little extra time and money, you can build a respectable gaming rig for $400-600 (maybe even less) that should last you a few years if you don't mind eventually playing new games on lower settings towards the end of your computer's life as a gaming rig (which can be used as a DVR/Netflix box when you're done using it as a gaming rig).

Disco Pickle

http://www.gamespot.com/special_feature/most-anticipated-2011/day-2/index.html?page=4

It's pretty light on any info what-so-ever but since I'm dicking around on gaming sites waiting on Marvel vs Capcom 3 and saw it, I thought I'd whet your whistles.

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Disco Pickle

http://www.elderscrolls.com/

bump for delicious trailer.

release date 11/11/11.

Between this, Alice, and Duke Nukem, and the next Bioshock, I'm going to have enough game to last me through 2012, easy.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Luna

Quote from: Disco Pickle on June 09, 2011, 10:04:17 PM

release date 11/11/11.

Between this, Alice, and Duke Nukem, and the next Bioshock, I'm going to have enough game to last me through 2012, easy.

This one, I might actually pick up a game system for.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cramulus

release date 11/11/11.

+ Mass Effect 3
+ Assassins Creed 3 (set in Constantinople!!)

gonna be a lot of video games this winter.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Cramulus on June 09, 2011, 10:08:17 PM

release date 11/11/11.

+ Mass Effect 3

completely forgot about those. 

still haven't finished the first Assasins Creed 3. 

Still haven't picked up Mass Effect 2.

OH, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution on 11/8/11

I'm going to have to cancel Thanksgiving dinner. 

Maybe Christmas too.

Telarus

Quote from: Cramulus on June 09, 2011, 10:08:17 PM

release date 11/11/11.

+ Mass Effect 3

Looks to be an interesting winder indeed. Nintendo's announced it's new console, and I'm waiting to see if Guild Wars 2 lives up to it's buzz.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

I'm going to wait four years and pick this up for £5 off Amazon.

Like I do with pretty much every other game (Oblivion, Civ 5, Assassin's Creed, Deus Ex, Bioshock, Planescape: Torment etc etc)

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cain on June 10, 2011, 07:39:45 AM
I'm going to wait four years and pick this up for £5 off Amazon.

Like I do with pretty much every other game (Oblivion, Civ 5, Assassin's Creed, Deus Ex, Bioshock, Planescape: Torment etc etc)

This is how I roll, too. To date, my only major concession to this rule has been Portal 2.

Cain

My only concession was Dragon Age: Origins, because the voucher was worth £15.

It is strange though, knowing I can now buy games which were made in the last two years, up until the present, and my laptop can now handle them.  Before, I had no choice, because my laptop was crap, but now I have such a huge backlog of games, waiting wont be an issue anyway.

Captain Swampass

I simply don't trust Bethesda anymore. Kind of. Oblivion was a painful kick in the balls after clocking well over a thousand hours into Morrowind, it was a buggy mess that felt all... hollow. The world was dull, lifeless and hardly as original as Vvardenfell. The main quest was dull and uninspired, and only one guild was mildly interesting. The whole atmosphere of the game blew, and in the end it just wound up being kind of okay.

BUT WAIT.

Fallout 3 was a kick in the balls to Fallout 1 and 2 fanatics, but lets ignore that. The game had a wonderful atmosphere (Though it still felt lifeless when it came to communities) and was very immersive, so they learned something. I hope. I don't know. Bethesda makes flawed games that are later fixed by modders, and even vanilla they're rather fun. If everything they've hinted at about Skyrim is true, then it should combine everything that made Morrowind and amazing and timeless game, combined with Oblivions, uhm... better combat, I guess? I expect bugs though. Bugs out the anal cavity, mang.

But they could fuck it up on a galactic scale and kill it for me. Oh well, I can only hope for the other (ME3, Deus Ex, etc) RPGs to not suck. And if those suck? That is the end of it, I am done video games forever. The magic will be all but eradicated from me.

Cramulus

if you spend a thousand hours playing any game, you will hate the sequel.

I am amused at the image of these franchises repeatedly kicking you in the balls by not cloning their older games.

Cain

I definitely prefer the open-endedness and replayability of Morrowind to Oblivion though, even though I felt the graphics and gameplay of the latter (in terms of improved class systems, combat etc) were awesome.  Given the amount of scheming and factions engaged in near-warfare with each other in the former, Cyrodiil seems positively peaceful by comparison.  It's slightly unnerving, because although I would expect less Canned Evil in Abandoned Crypts all over the place, I would expect the capital of the Empire to be a seething mass of political intrigue and betrayal on a level that would make Vvanderfell look like the backwards province it is.

Oh well.  I'm sure there is a mod to solve this.