News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

"Goddess" ... Just Sexist Bullshit?

Started by hooplala, May 26, 2008, 01:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: triple zero on May 30, 2008, 05:21:51 PM
Quote from: Nigel on May 30, 2008, 04:53:10 PMWhen I curse I usually say "shitfuckdamn" or "sweet baby jesus in heaven" or "holy mother of god", because they amuse me.

On the other hand, I've never been able to break myself of the habit of calling out "Oh God!" at, erm, special times, even though for a while I thought it would be funny to train myself to call out "Hail Eris!" in reality it's not that easy a transition to make.

thank GOD(dess) i never did that, no fucking religion in my fucking!

i mean, no christian religion in my fucking

every time i have wanted to exclaim "god", i simply replaced it with the name of the girl. much more personal, less awkward.

and for me really not that hard to do, because right there, right then, it means the same thing anyway.

I've never wanted to do the name thing because of the fear of getting into a habit and then calling out the wrong name. Also because my first's name was Steve, and who wants to cry out "Steve! Oh Steve!"

My apologies to any and all Steves on the board.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I never wanted to do that either, because it kind of kills the mood to shout, "Oh, Mom!"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on May 30, 2008, 06:14:47 PM
I never wanted to do that either, because it kind of kills the mood to shout, "Oh, Mom!"
:x
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Nigel on May 30, 2008, 05:33:22 PM
Quote from: triple zero on May 30, 2008, 05:21:51 PM
Quote from: Nigel on May 30, 2008, 04:53:10 PMWhen I curse I usually say "shitfuckdamn" or "sweet baby jesus in heaven" or "holy mother of god", because they amuse me.

On the other hand, I've never been able to break myself of the habit of calling out "Oh God!" at, erm, special times, even though for a while I thought it would be funny to train myself to call out "Hail Eris!" in reality it's not that easy a transition to make.

thank GOD(dess) i never did that, no fucking religion in my fucking!

i mean, no christian religion in my fucking

every time i have wanted to exclaim "god", i simply replaced it with the name of the girl. much more personal, less awkward.

and for me really not that hard to do, because right there, right then, it means the same thing anyway.

I've never wanted to do the name thing because of the fear of getting into a habit and then calling out the wrong name. Also because my first's name was Steve, and who wants to cry out "Steve! Oh Steve!"

My apologies to any and all Steves on the board.

I tend to exclaim names.

Therefore, there exists out there a list of names of guys I can never sleep with, because I will exclaim their name, and then I will immediately start laughing really hard. :oops:

Also, I think the "Hail Eris!" idea is great--I kinda wanna try that, since I don't really give much of a crap about the guy I'm shagging right now. If he's weirded out, OH WELL. It'll be a good test environment for me. :wink:

Also also, I love Hoopla's "I curse you" thing. That's brilliant.

I often use the French "putain!" as a general exclamation when something happens. Although in some situations, an endless stream of "Fuck" just really helps. Example: when a family walked DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF MY CAR WHEN I HAD A GREEN LIGHT AND WAS ALREADY GOING THIRTY the other day. I slammed on the brakes and stood up (convertible=ZOMG REAL LIFE TROLLING) and screamed, "Get the fuck out of the road you fucking idiots! I have a green light and that means fucking RIGHT OF WAY! Get your entitlement the FUCK out of my way!" And then sat down again and put in the clutch and just revved the engine near the red line until they moved.

:D

I like being a jerk!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

AFK

I exclaim State Capitals. 

"Montpelier!"
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. Whats His Name? on May 30, 2008, 06:52:47 PM
I exclaim State Capitals. 

"Montpelier!"

"Olympia" is kind of sexy. "Sacramento" is just kind of funny. However, "Salem"...

AFK

No, that's what she says after.

Heh, I'm just kidding, my wife doesn't smoke. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jasper

Places that could be a curse word?

Reno!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Felix on May 31, 2008, 01:29:56 AM
Places that could be a curse word?

Almere-Buiten!

Emmeloord!

GODVERDRONTEN  :lol:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bruno

"Paducah" (Kentucky) Sounds like a Batman punch.

I prefer my profanity to be as nonsensical as possible.

"Son of a fucking DAMMIT!"

"GODDAMNMOTHERKINGSHITFUCK!!!!"

"Fucking cuntfuckers."

Formerly something else...

BADGE OF HONOR

I say "God damn it" all the time, and I have never been religious.  It's a cultural thing.  I also like to say "Jesus Christ" and "What the christ".  There's absolutely no reason for me to use the english language to its fullest extent.  If I ever heard somebody say "Oh my goddess!" I would have to physically restrain myself from insta-slapping them, because that's just dumb.

I also like to mutter "son of a motherfucker" when I drop stuff.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Jasper

I'm stealing What the Christ.

Agreed that profanity has to have some sort of cultural weight to it, or it just feels like you're LARPing as some fantasy elf or something.

Reverend Loveshade

If you were blessed with being raised in The Greatest Nation on Earth, and The Freest Nation on Earth called the United States of America (excuse me while I gag), skip this intro.

The American Pledge of Allegiance is "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."  (end of intro)

When my cohorts Princess Unicornia and Fairy Princess Yoshikyoko recite the American Pledge of Allegiance (which had the phrase "under God" added to it in 1954 to show the world that America wasn't like the Godless Communists), they say "under God and Goddess."

Sometimes I simply says, "On top of Goddess."
"Threats should not be tolerated. They're demeaning, they're violations to human rights and no one deserves them."

-- navkat, 20 June 2007, principiadiscordia.com

Triple Zero

my dad lived in the US for a year when he was little, and he had to pledge allegiance to the flag every morning in school (or something like that--do you still have to do that?), but he always mumbled "and the Netherlands" under his breath.
not really because he was such a rebel or anything, but it simply makes more sense that way, to a kid, i suppose.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

That One Guy

I just never bothered to say the "under God" part - had anyone ever bothered to call me on it, I would have just said I prefered the original, pre-McCarthy-era version. That phrase was only added in the early 50's since the US wasn't godless commies and felt the need to emphasize that in the pledge for some reason.

Yes, the whole debate around this phrase originated in McCarthy-era red-baiting. What a perfect starting point to highlight the sheer idiocy of mixing the state and religion.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.