News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

We are <not> special

Started by Mistre, November 26, 2013, 08:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I HAVE BECOME SPAG, RUINER OF WORLDS.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 27, 2013, 01:48:18 AM
GOT $20 IN MY POCK-ET...

I - I - I'm hunting, looking for a come-up
LMNO is fucking awesome

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 27, 2013, 01:49:24 AM
GOT $20 IN MY POCK-ET...

LMNO is fucking awesome

Walk up to the club like, "What up? I got a big cock!"
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rex Bologna on November 26, 2013, 10:56:56 PM
Quote from: Auscultare of the Fatigue on November 26, 2013, 10:55:11 PM
Interesting take on things.

Put all of humanity, everything we've done, all of crowning achievements and abysmal failures. Accomplishments the entire world celebrates: Landing on the moon, the creation of the microprocessor ..

Statistically speaking we are worthless as a species. Given the number of galaxies in the universe of which we can only see 0.1%? of it is a safe to assert that there are billions of planets with intelligent life. I agree with the fact that humanity is caught up in it's own vanity to realize how worthless we truly are.

Safe?  Please consult the Fermi paradox.

Which is easily resolved when you consider the impossibility of faster-than-light travel, meaning that all those other species are just as stuck in their solar systems as we are in ours. Forever alone.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on November 27, 2013, 02:09:53 AM
Quote from: Rex Bologna on November 26, 2013, 10:56:56 PM
Quote from: Auscultare of the Fatigue on November 26, 2013, 10:55:11 PM
Interesting take on things.

Put all of humanity, everything we've done, all of crowning achievements and abysmal failures. Accomplishments the entire world celebrates: Landing on the moon, the creation of the microprocessor ..

Statistically speaking we are worthless as a species. Given the number of galaxies in the universe of which we can only see 0.1%? of it is a safe to assert that there are billions of planets with intelligent life. I agree with the fact that humanity is caught up in it's own vanity to realize how worthless we truly are.

Safe?  Please consult the Fermi paradox.

Which is easily resolved when you consider the impossibility of faster-than-light travel, meaning that all those other species are just as stuck in their solar systems as we are in ours. Forever alone.

We can hope, anyway.

I don't like HUMANS.  I am POSITIVE I won't like our "galactic space brothers" anymore than Kalaniʻōpuʻu would have liked Captain Cook.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 27, 2013, 02:23:13 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 27, 2013, 01:49:24 AM
GOT $20 IN MY POCK-ET...

LMNO is fucking awesome

LINE FORMS TO THE LEFT.

You know, the guy in that video looks a little too much like Coyote for comfort.

LMNO

Faux Lix

hooplala

Quote from: Faux Lix on June 08, 2014, 03:03:41 AM
Boojums.

No.

And furthermore, we are all special; every single one of us.  Which essentially means none of us are special, so shut the fuck up.

I know the OP wasn't yours, but STFU anyway.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on June 10, 2014, 10:20:44 PM
Which essentially means none of us are special, so shut the fuck up.

I reject this on account of Rudyard Kipling and Papa Hemmingway.