News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

It's not Wrong when I do it

Started by Cainad (dec.), January 16, 2014, 01:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 03, 2014, 04:23:55 PM
QuoteSo, basically, it's just one elaborate & huge No True Scotsman argument.

Well, yes. At least from some from what I've seen.

QuoteMany would like it if you'd take the "A" out.  "A" gets in the way of the histrionic posturing.

A:
Asexual?
Alaskan?

I'm going to assume it's one of those and refuse to hear any corrections.

"Allies", last time I heard.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 03, 2014, 04:25:13 PM

QuoteMany would like it if you'd take the "A" out.  "A" gets in the way of the histrionic posturing.

A:
Asexual?
Alaskan?

A lot of them will get super butturt that you heard that and allowed such an idea to enter into your consciousness.

It's asexuals, not allies, how dare you ever allow yourself to think that it's allies, thinking that makes you a shitty ally, DIAF.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on February 03, 2014, 04:54:56 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 03, 2014, 04:25:13 PM

A:
Asexual?
Alaskan?

A lot of them will get super butturt that you heard that and allowed such an idea to enter into your consciousness.

It's asexuals, not allies, how dare you ever allow yourself to think that it's allies, thinking that makes you a shitty ally, DIAF.

It used to be allies.

I should have known that would change.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 03, 2014, 02:49:12 PM
My sister-in-law (and, let's be honest, the majority of my wife's side of the family) is of the racist-not-really-racist-ha-ha-racism-not-really-just-kidding tribe; or as Roger's recently put it, "not racist BUT".  I'm finding it increasingly difficult not to troll the ever-loving shit out of some of her Facebook posts.  Over the weekend, I couldn't help it.  I replied to a post of hers

"I think your account has been hacked, and someone has been posting a lot of racist shit on your wall."

So far, there's been no response.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My kid and I were laughing about all this last night. The reality is, most of the people who pull the "We distrust all _____ people as a defense mechanism" don't actually know what that means, and are aping minorities who have been systematically oppressed and abused, categorically, by a colonial culture. I know there are queer people who have never found support or friendship from nonqueer people, but the vast majority have friends, family, and even lovers who are not queer but who are supportive. It's a needless us vs. them distinction, an artificial division that many of these tumblbots are striving to create so that they can have something to fight against.

My kid (who is trans/agender) and I decided that we're spicegendered and spicesexual. I personally am only attracted to other spicesexual people, and would prefer that you refer to me using the pronouns spi, spice, and spiceself.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on February 03, 2014, 05:13:40 PM
My kid and I were laughing about all this last night. The reality is, most of the people who pull the "We distrust all _____ people as a defense mechanism" don't actually know what that means, and are aping minorities who have been systematically oppressed and abused, categorically, by a colonial culture. I know there are queer people who have never found support or friendship from nonqueer people, but the vast majority have friends, family, and even lovers who are not queer but who are supportive. It's a needless us vs. them distinction, an artificial division that many of these tumblbots are striving to create so that they can have something to fight against.

My kid (who is trans/agender) and I decided that we're spicegendered and spicesexual. I personally am only attracted to other spicesexual people, and would prefer that you refer to me using the pronouns spi, spice, and spiceself.

Portland Spice, little-known 6th member of the Spice Girls Persons, was thrown out of the group for Juice Balling in public in 1996. 

LMNO

Spi also objected to their motto "GIRL POWER" as it was not inclusive of the spice community.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 03, 2014, 05:20:18 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on February 03, 2014, 05:13:40 PM

Portland Spice, little-known 6th member of the Spice Girls Persons, was thrown out of the group for Juice Balling in public in 1996.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 03, 2014, 05:54:09 PM
Spi also objected to their motto "GIRL POWER" as it was not inclusive of the spice community.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Junkenstein

Just FYI, the Sugar community fucking hate you all.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

OH IM SORRY ARE WE NOT 'EVERYTHING NICE' ENOUGH FOR YOU NAZI ASSHOLES?

Junkenstein

IT'S SWINE LIKE YOU THAT THINK THEY HAVE THE MONOPOLY ON NICE THINGS.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Relevant:  I just finally blocked Sam Sutler on Facebook.  He has gone from bog-standard hyper-atheist to repeating the newest version of the anti-semetic "blood libel" in a frenzy of insane lefty-ism.

Some people can't feel like they're a believer in something unless they find a reason to hate people.

Faust

I'm going to guess pray this isn't a new sexuality based around the Guild navigators from David lynches dune.

Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on February 03, 2014, 06:50:13 PM

I'm going to guess pray this isn't a new sexuality based around the Guild navigators from David lynches dune.

Frank Herbert is crying somewhere.  Crying bitter, bitter tears.