News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

the introduction to somnambulance.

Started by Z¬?, April 01, 2005, 10:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Z¬?

The ghost of sleep would live in the body of a man in the times when he is most intensely trying to stay awake despite extreme exhaustion. Perhaps in a lecture hall, in the body of a student desperately trying to catch up on his notes in a class that is somehow vital, and close to being a lost cause; he jars himself out of a strange chance upon noticing that the notebook at his desk is filled with alien symbols that read differently the second time than they did when he wrote them. Perhaps he notices the atonal noises spilling from his professor are not in fact the english language, and that any attempt to move his limbs results in a resonating high pitched drone that seems to vibrate every molecule of the world around him, except his arm which remains completely stationary three inches in front of the head that is face down on that desk staring at the swirling alien symbols that should be his physics journal.

Then, in one instant, his eyes are open and he is no longer the ghost of sleep.

Horab Fibslager

that remidns me of somethign i can't quite recall...
Hell is other people.