News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

The Tea Party knows no shame

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, December 04, 2010, 09:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

QuoteConnecticut, Delaware and Rhode Island

I find it interesting that those three are the ones that keep coming up when I have this conversation, since none of those three had anything about voting rights in their state constitutions (except Delaware, which just said they were going to preserve the old voting rights system).  Making it impossible for me to confirm it.

I don't suppose you have a source for that (not just somebody saying its true, but able to point to a bill or section of the state code that backs it up).
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on December 06, 2010, 05:31:02 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 06, 2010, 03:25:21 PM
Hmmm...Can't find anything in the constitution about a property requirement.

IIRC there were two states that had a property requirement.  One required that you owned land in a town or lived in a town for a full year in order to vote in town elections, the other required property of 40$ (this need not be land) for any voting.

Talking about the United States constitution, with regard to federal elections.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 06, 2010, 06:03:07 PM
However, it is important to remember that the US was not a "democracy" in the 1700's in fact most of the founding fathers thought democracy=anarchy. Here's a quote from John Adams:

And they were right.

But what's your point?  Democracies and republics both involve the franchise.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.