News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

i am your ENEMY

Started by Pope Lecherous, July 25, 2012, 07:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Incidentally, I'd like to point out that at least Blackfoot had the stones to post a thread that he KNEW would attract a shitstorm, and then took it to the wall as the conversation changed.

He's wrong, of course.  <--- So are most people.

I'd also like to point out that this illustrates my point about me being the safest ape in the zoo.  I can't reach through the bars.  Blackfoot is still alive, yes?  My Fist O' Doom didn't come crashing out of his monitor and break his body into small bits.

Also, I have NOT stated that Blackfoot is not a people.  I have implied that he is still searching for a uniform, which is the single most common thing humans do, and also a rather nasty trap.

So, yeah.  PD can't hurt you.  Much.  We might harangue you, we might screech and holler, and we might tell you to stop wearing a fucking uniform, but we can't kill you and we won't bullshit you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

The worst we can do is strip you of your illusions and then ignore you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Yep.  And if being wrong was a crime, I'd be on death row by now.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 11:52:34 PM
Yep.  And if being wrong was a crime, I'd be on death row by now.

:lol: Yeah, me too.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 11:48:20 PM
Incidentally, I'd like to point out that at least Blackfoot had the stones to post a thread that he KNEW would attract a shitstorm, and then took it to the wall as the conversation changed.

He's wrong, of course.  <--- So are most people.

I don't have the energy to put myself outside of what you think is wrong with pickup artists and the games they play.  Just know that i'm not of their ideas.

I'd also like to point out that this illustrates my point about me being the safest ape in the zoo.  I can't reach through the bars.  Blackfoot is still alive, yes?  My Fist O' Doom didn't come crashing out of his monitor and break his body into small bits.

Also, I have NOT stated that Blackfoot is not a people.  I have implied that he is still searching for a uniform, which is the single most common thing humans do, and also a rather nasty trap.

So, yeah.  PD can't hurt you.  Much.  We might harangue you, we might screech and holler, and we might tell you to stop wearing a fucking uniform, but we can't kill you and we won't bullshit you.

The only thing i'm searching for now is a way to not fall into the rat race or get on the hamster wheel.  Much like many people on this forum or the ones seeking for a way out or the ones that know that there is no way out.  All of us want to buck The Man and push the people who created this fucked up shit off a cliff.  We also don't want to be the people who perpetuate it.  We also want to transform those around us into the kind of people who give a shit and we are also the people who are tired of trying. 

I come on here.  You all do too. We need to do something.
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Anna Mae Bollocks

You know what a lot of people find really hot? I mean, if you're basically the type of person they're attracted to, to begin with.

NOT HAVING A FUCKING AGENDA.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 27, 2012, 12:08:32 AM
You know what a lot of people find really hot? I mean, if you're basically the type of person they're attracted to, to begin with.

NOT HAVING A FUCKING AGENDA.

you tell 'em
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Epimetheus

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 08:37:48 PM
FACT:  Within 10 minutes of meeting you, at the outside, a woman has a pretty good idea if she's attracted to you.

Is this an okay generalization? If so, what would be the similar FACT about men?
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Blackfoot on July 26, 2012, 08:30:45 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 08:26:14 PM
Christ, he really IS a PUA-tard.

Forget my offer to explain.

Christ.  "Mystery's show".   :lulz:

I'm not a PUA-tard. I just dont think it's the devil. I put it in the same category as martial arts.  It may draw people for the wrong reasons and especially draw the wrong kinds of people, but people CAN come out of it better

PUA techniques rely on manipulative games that exploit human insecurities.

Explain to me how anyone can come out of that kind of training a better person, other than by rejecting it?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Blackfoot on July 26, 2012, 08:45:43 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 26, 2012, 07:23:57 PM
Problem is, as far as I can tell, the PUA guides are largely designed to prevent anyone from getting laid, ever. I've been approached by guys who are clearly relying on them, and my immediate reaction is "oh, get real". Those guys would be better off going to a therapy group to learn how to relate to people in general.

I really respect your opinion, especially about all things women.

If this is sincere, then thank you.

I have a pretty good track record at coaching insecure, unconfident, socially awkward men to turn it around and not only get laid, but also develop social lives, build support networks, and have truly relational positive relationships, and I think that the PUA tactics do essentially the opposite of that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Blackfoot on July 26, 2012, 08:56:39 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 08:48:55 PM
Quote from: Blackfoot on July 26, 2012, 08:45:43 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 26, 2012, 07:23:57 PM
Problem is, as far as I can tell, the PUA guides are largely designed to prevent anyone from getting laid, ever. I've been approached by guys who are clearly relying on them, and my immediate reaction is "oh, get real". Those guys would be better off going to a therapy group to learn how to relate to people in general.

I really respect your opinion, especially about all things women.

Naw.  You don't respect women at all.

But why would you have to, when Mystery can tell you all about women?  And how to find the busted ones and take advantage of them.

When did i say i was a pick up artist?  I'm not.  I don't attempt to conceal who i am or trick anyone into liking me.  As you can see.  I treat all people with a basic level of respect.  I do respect Nigel.  She's obviously very intelligent and she knows what she's talking about.  She stated one reason she doesn't support PUA systems and it's perfectly legit.

If there is such a program that can help men find relationships and women with good character and doesn't employ the kind of techniques you mentioned previously i'm all for it.

There is. It's called "a good therapist" and what a good therapist will do, first and foremost, is teach you how to value yourself so that you are able to present yourself without emotional handicaps in such a way that you are able to value, appreciate, and relate with other people, including the opposite sex.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Blackfoot on July 26, 2012, 09:49:51 PM
Quote from: Alty on July 26, 2012, 09:39:14 PM
I have only one "technique" and that's: never try anything. People know if you're trying. Always.

So much of this stuff is chemistry.

I don't even notice how much I flirt.  :) I am told this by other people. I just act how I feel like acting while giving people a considerable amount of respect unless they've let me know they're not worth it. In which case I can be kind of a dick.

I sort of agree that PUA stuff is like martial arts. In that, when you get right down to it, and you've got some 300lb gorilla about to tear your legs off because you spilled your drink on his lady, martial arts are going to do FUCK ALL to prevent that from happening, by and large.

Have you ever been described as a natural? That kind of response indicates that you have game whether you mean to have it or not  :)  Please don't get caught up in the negative connotations of the word game, i don't doubt you.

I'm sure you've met people that are not the best with women.  (And i'm imagining this is something that has already happened btw) But when you went to help them you didn't teach them PUA tricks/techniques per se, you inspired confidence and promoted positive shit.  Is that far off the mark?

The whole concept of "picking up" men or women has negative connotations in itself, because you "pick up" an object, not a fellow human being. You "meet" or "hook up with" people. You don't "pick them up".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on July 26, 2012, 10:47:40 PM
Quote from: Blackfoot on July 26, 2012, 10:41:56 PM
I'm talking about growing mentally and morally into the kind of person that is attractive to women.

You do this by being a better person than you were the day before, in every way you can think of.
You do this by going out and challenging yourself to do things you think you can't do.
You do this by being yourself as HARD as you possible can, while doing the above, and trying not to fuck people over.

Annnnnnd THIS!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sir Bearington on July 26, 2012, 11:10:02 PM
Aaaah so this thread is about your trouble with the ladies eh?

Companionship isn't a necessity, i myself have made a educated decision to hold out and wait for a bit until i find the best candidate and feel more comfortable. The most which i will give you advicewise is not to be a asshole, it may seem that "good guys end up last" but quite often asshole's relationships don't hold out as long as nicer guys or have as much genuine meaning.

Good guys end up married, and tend to stay that way. If the marriage doesn't last, they don't stay single for long.

The cliche that "girls don't want nice guys" is bullshit. DAMAGED girls don't want nice guys. And a self-proclaimed "nice guy" never is.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Epimetheus on July 27, 2012, 05:35:35 AM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 08:37:48 PM
FACT:  Within 10 minutes of meeting you, at the outside, a woman has a pretty good idea if she's attracted to you.

Is this an okay generalization? If so, what would be the similar FACT about men?

Same fucking thing.