News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Hate spreading & the Islamic stamp hoax

Started by Mangrove, November 24, 2009, 07:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

I did check the Post Office does have these!

USPS New  44-Cent Stamp!!!   Celebrates  Muslim holiday

If  there is only ONE thing you forward  today... let it be  this!

REMEMBER  the MUSLIM bombing of Pan Am Flight 103!

REMEMBER  the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in  1993!

REMEMBER  the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine Barracks in   Lebanon !

REMEMBER  the MUSLIM bombing of the military Barracks in   Saudi Arabia !

REMEMBER  the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in   Africa !

REMEMBER  the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER  the MUSLIM attack on 9/11/2001 !

REMEMBER  all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those  vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Now  President Obama has directed the United States Postal Service to REMEMBER and  HONOR the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a new  commemorative 44 Cent (.44 and it says ..42) First Class Holiday  Postage Stamp..

REMEMBER  to adamantly & vocally BOYCOTT this  stamp, when you are purchasing your  stamps at the post office.

All  you have to say is "No thank  you, I do not want that Muslim Stamp on my  letters!"

To use  this stamp would be a slap in the face to all  those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those  whom this stamp honors.

REMEMBER ~
pass this  along to every Patriotic  AMERICAN that you know and lets get the word  out !!!

Here is  something to chew on...

They  (MUSLIMS) don't even believe in Christ, & they're  getting their own Christmas stamp!  BUT, don't dare to dream of posting the ten commandments on federal property! This is truly UNBELIEVABLE !!! 

Someone I work with got this e-mail yesterday. Turns out that Mrs Mang' also received this from some knuckle dragger (whose Christmas card will most definitely have an Eid stamp on it).

And what struck me was 'wow....it's that easy to stir up bullshit & hatred.'

I thought for a moment and the following occurred to me:

a) Given how trivial the modern media is, this almost certainly would be reported. Dumber things than this have captured national attention (cf Balloon Boy, the AMAs etc)
b) Does the president really have the time to decide what goes on stamps? Doesn't the Post Office do this? Postmaster General perhaps?
c) I'm suspicious that the word 'muslim' always appears in caps.
d) The MUSLIMS aren't getting a Christmas stamp...they're getting an Eid stamp.
e) Yes, this is truly unbelievable, but not for the reasons cited.

So I went to the website of the United States Postal Service. They do indeed sell these stamps and have done since 2001. Wait a minute...remind me who the president was in 2001? Oh yes.....the smirky pseudo-Texan 'Islam is peace!' guy. Hmm.

It's that easy. I don't know why it's that easy or why my first instinct was not to say 'FUCKIN' MOOSLIMS...FUCK THEM AND THEIR STAMP' but to say 'this is surely a hoax' (which it is).

I guess there's no point to this post. It's not a rant or directed in any direction.....just an observation and how little effort is required to stir stupid people into a frenzy. Can this principle be used to our benefit?

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Why is Pan Am considered an act of Islamic terrorism?  I mean apart from the fact that the perpetrators are brown and possibly even Libyan?

This reminds me of that time when the morons on MW were claiming terrorist attacks by the PLO were "Islamic terrorist attacks", despite Arafat being, you know, a Marxist. 

I'll comment on the other retardedness later, I just wanted to point this out, since I see a lot of Middle Eastern and North African terrorist attacks lumped in with Islamic attacks.  And by this logic, the Zealots were Islamic terrorists.

Mangrove

The stamp thing is wrong on so many levels. "Let's try and hit all the eroto-political G spots in one go!"

Obamaphobia + Islamophobia + Terror  + Christianity + Patriotism = INSTANT RETARDATION.

Please to be dissecting this wrongs even further. I want to send someone a rebuttal in their Xmas card  :D
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Iason Ouabache

I will no doubt be getting this e-mail from my mom in less than 2 weeks. I don't know why she feels the need to forward this shit to me. She sent me one about "Judge" Roy Moore last week and I was going to hit reply all and write a long-winded rant about the separation of church and state but I figured why bother? It wouldn't have changed anything.

It'd be nice to hijack the Right Wing E-mail Brigade but I don't know if it would be possible or worth it. It's hard to get stupid people to replicate smart memes. We could clutter inboxes up with even more disinformation but it would just add more noise and no signal.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cait M. R.

Iason Ouabache

All signal and no noise makes Jack an insane bastard.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

More Noise.

At this point, that seems like the best option. The sheep are eating the noise and signal equally. So fuck the signal, just gag them on suo much noise that they can't separate one batch of nonsensical bullshit from the other. If they're willing to believe the Birther, Muslim, etc etc etc conspiracies, there's not a chance of reasoning or making them see sense... so fuck em; bury them under so much crazy that they'll be clinging to their tinfoil hat in desperation.

Hrmmm, well, actually that just explained FOX news didn't it?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Template

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 24, 2009, 10:57:55 PM
More Noise.

At this point, that seems like the best option. The sheep are eating the noise and signal equally. So fuck the signal, just gag them on suo much noise that they can't separate one batch of nonsensical bullshit from the other. If they're willing to believe the Birther, Muslim, etc etc etc conspiracies, there's not a chance of reasoning or making them see sense... so fuck em; bury them under so much crazy that they'll be clinging to their tinfoil hat in desperation.

Hrmmm, well, actually that just explained FOX news didn't it?

I suppose so.  Just cause their list of "Dangerous Things" and "outrages" to get bigger and bigger.  Make mass-media forces less effective by paralysing their target audience.

LMNO

Additional information:

1) the Eid marks the end of Ramadan.  Ramadan is a period of forgiveness, patience, modesty, and spirituality.  It is also in September.  If anything, considering the month of fasting leading to the rituals of mercy and forgiveness, the Eid is more like Easter than Christmas.

2) The United States post office also offers Christmas (Madonna and Child), Hanukkah (Menorah) and Kwanzaa (um... neo-cubist portrait of a balck family?) stamps, so it's not like Christianity is being left behind, here.  Not to mention, it offers two versions of the Mother and Child, plus a Nutcracker stamp (which is Christian by association-- the ballet takes place during Christmas).

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

There are two Eids, LMNO.  This one coming up on Friday marks the Eid of Sacrifice.  The first one that you are talking about did mark the end of Ramadan and did already happen in September, but there are always 2.

Eid stamps have been around for years.  My husband insists on buying them so they stay in circulation (his little part for a religion that gets dumped on yet has a bit of celebration left in it in the USPS way of business, I guess, even though he's not religious by any means).  So we get them and send them with our Xmas cards to folks who celebrate(d) Eid instead.

I am not shocked nor am I surprised by the above OP, however.  It's mighty typical.

Jenne

Oh, and the first Eid at the end of Ramadan is very much like Christmas, by the way.  Kids get $ like the Chinese do at Spring Festival (that incidentally happens in Jan/Feb for some reason), and there's much dressing up and visiting of long lost loved ones.  In fact, it's so like Christmas they bill it over here to non-Muslims as "the Muslim Christmas."

HOWEVER, that notwithstanding, it's pretty pitiful that peoples' fears drive them to this level of hyperbole.  Wait, what am I saying--it's pretty LULZY that peoples' fears drive them to this level of idiocy.

Suu

Since I sent out that email to my family debunking the last forward and telling them to knock it off, I haven't gotten any others. But I'll be sure to fire back if this one comes around.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

I am most likely about to reveal my general awareness about controversial topics (which, on a scale of 1 to 10, is mayonnaise) but I thought that maybe perhaps it wasn't muslims who were responsible for 9/11, but a rebel political group. I thought I heard that once.

But anyway, that e-mail made me laugh a bit.