News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

What is this? I don't even...

Started by ThatGreenGentleman, September 30, 2011, 08:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGreenGentleman

Waking up in an unfamiliar place, the boy notices that it's dark. All around is pitch black, but he can still see perfectly clear. The only problem is that there is nothing to see, other than the pitch black of course. The small child got to his feet, and began to walk, only hearing the clack-clack of his shoes. It seems like he was walking forever until he saw something in the distance. It was a faint light, but it was something instead of nothing. The boy ran towards the light, until it's shape came into view. It was lamppost, and next to it was the most comfortable chair you could ever imagine.  Upon seeing this, he felt a little disappointed. You would feel disappointed too if all you found was a chair and a lamppost instead of a way out of the darkness. He decided to rest in the chair for a bit, and as he approached he didn't notice that as he got closer to the lamppost, the larger his shadow became (not like he would've noticed anyways since it was so dark). As the small child sat in the chair, he pondered about how he got here and where he had come from. He didn't get very deep into his thoughts, because his shadow stepped into the light. It looked exactly like him, except it was pitch black, with red eyes, and what appeared to be small horns. Startled at the sight, the boy could do nothing as his shadow shoved him deep into the chair, until the boy was enveloped in the chair. He thought he would suffocate , but found that he breathe just fine. Soon his mind was engulfed with visions of a world that was familiar yet foreign to him. It was a place with blue skies and blue oceans, a place with mountains and grass. A place with sunlight and warmth, which was very much the opposite to this world of darkness and cold. He began to cry at the vision of a world he wanted so much to be a part of, until his mind was struck with the other images. Images of war, death, pestilence, and pain. He cried even harder and rejected that world that only moments ago he wanted so badly. He wanted to stay within the chair, for it was warm and somewhat comforting, like a cradle of safety that you never want to leave. Unfortunately for him, the same pair of black hands that had put him there dragged him back to the cold and dark realm where he started. When he opened his eyes, the red glaring eyes welcomed him back to the darkness. The boy realized that he was in this dark world because he was neither living nor dead. He and his shadow wandered off into the darkness away from the comforting chair and lamppost, he was at peace with not wanting to be a part of the world with warm light so long as he had his shadow to keep him company in the dark.

And then I woke up and realized it was all a dream. But it was quite a comforting dream in a strange way.
THE END.

Yes, I actually had this dream, more than once actually.
As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Freeky