News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Read the first one of those.  Will try the second and third later, as I am currently reading Makers of Modern Strategy, edited by Peter Paret.  For those wondering, "modern strategy" apparently started with Machiavelli.  So, taking a rather broad view of the subject material.

Luna

Rereading Transmetropolitan.

All of it.  Beginning to end.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

tyrannosaurus vex

Fingerprints of the Gods
Graham Hancock.

I already read this a couple years ago, but I was bored.

This guy is more full of shit than a dump truck would be if it was also full of shit.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: postvex™ on May 08, 2011, 07:26:48 AM
Fingerprints of the Gods
Graham Hancock. :pI already read this a couple years ago, but I was bored.

This guy is more full of shit than a dump truck would be if it was also full of shit.
I can beat that.
I got AIDS: The End Of Civilization by William Campbell Douglass for a buck.
He says you can get it from towels and what he seems to be leading up to is WE'RE ALL GONNA GET IT AND GET REAL SKINNY AND DIEEEEEEE.
Can't say I totally disbelieve that it was created on purpose, but other than that, the book is pure-d shit.  :D
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

Finished Transmetropolitan in 36 hours.

On to Preacher.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Everything I am reading is boring because it is mostly self-help books about relationships and boundaries.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on May 10, 2011, 01:58:32 AM
Everything I am reading is boring because it is mostly self-help books about relationships and boundaries.

Take the occasional break to rest your brain.  Stuff all that shit in there straight and your brain will beat your eyeballs out just to make an escape route.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on May 10, 2011, 02:01:53 AM

Take the occasional break to rest your brain.  Stuff all that shit in there straight and your brain will beat your eyeballs out just to make an escape route.

Oh, it's going OK. I just thought momentarily about posting my reading list and then realized it wouldn't be of interest to ANYONE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on May 10, 2011, 02:24:51 AM
Quote from: Luna on May 10, 2011, 02:01:53 AM

Oh, it's going OK. I just thought momentarily about posting my reading list and then realized it wouldn't be of interest to ANYONE.

Might be if you ranked 'em in order of usefulness when you're done with 'em.  Rate 'em on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "taught me about shit I didn't know existed," and 1 being "use this book as a room divider for your gerbil."

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Prince Glittersnatch III

Im going to be reading Noam Chomskys, Media Control then Im going to move on to The Stand.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Laughin Jude

I tend to alternate between fiction and non-fiction. Recently I've been plugging away at Madness and Civilization by Michael Foucalt, though I was distracted last weekend when I found a copy of Quantum Psychology by RAW (and studying how physics leads to human psychology via evolution/biology/chemistry is exactly what I'm going to college for). Both are interesting reads.

As far as fiction goes, the girl I'm crazy over has gotten me reading comic books again after a dozen year hiatus, so right now I've been tearing through Ultimate Spider-Man and trying to find trades of the Mirage TMNT...
Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension

Jasper

Rereading Stross' Accelerando.  It is such a cool sci-fi book.  I mean damn. 

Manfred MacX is my favorite fictional genius.

Don Coyote

Divine Misfortune
Imagine a world were all the gods were real, and you could link up with them through internet based matchmaking services.  :lulz:

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

i have repeatedly attempted to muddle through the English translation of Macchiavelli's "Discourses on the First Ten Books of Titus Livy" but always seem to get distracted and wind up reading webcomics instead.

There's this one really good webcomic called "Goats" that I'm reading  through now (having already finished Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, Something Happens, Jack, Twokinds, Slightly Damned, Guinea Tech, Ballerina Mafia, One Small Step, Chainroaker on a Budget, Cuore Voodoo, Hard-Boiled Horror Tales, and the Goats spinoff "Scenes From A Multiverse")
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago