News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Cain

Smashwords was surprisingly easy to use.  Which is awesome.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 18, 2015, 10:24:44 PM

Yep.  It's really the best thing going.

Make sure, though, to check a sample of your work before it goes to the premium catalog.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 19, 2015, 12:29:15 AM

Make sure, though, to check a sample of your work before it goes to the premium catalog.

Oh, I just meant for purchasing.  I was expecting a nightmare of verification and things.  Username, password, paypal.  Sorted.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 19, 2015, 02:05:17 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 19, 2015, 12:29:15 AM

Oh, I just meant for purchasing.  I was expecting a nightmare of verification and things.  Username, password, paypal.  Sorted.

You might consider putting some of your stuff up.  Your political writing is amazing.
Molon Lube

Cain

Thanks.  I've considered maybe putting something together, one day....but eh.  I dunno.  We'll see if the current writing gig pays off any...that and I'm going to be doing so much writing between now and Xmas any more would probably drive me mental  :wink:

EK WAFFLR

I'm certain a Kitty Parsons poetry book would go smashingly.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on August 19, 2015, 04:36:27 PM

YES.  When our mutual friend returns, I shall ask her to pass the idea along.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Little Orange in the Underground is UP!

As I said earlier, I broke the story up into the three arcs.

Book 1 is Little Orange in the Underground. (Up now1)
Book 2 is Little Orange and the Engines of Creation.  (Up by Monday)
Book 3 is Little Orange at the End of the World. (Up by Next Friday)

They go for $2.99 each, and proceeds go to Little Orange, care of Nigel.

1  Only on Smashwords.  The other sites will take a few days.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Cain, can you check Kindle for any of my titles?  I'm showing as having sold two there.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 20, 2015, 03:19:45 AM
Cain, can you check Kindle for any of my titles?  I'm showing as having sold two there.

Wait.  NM.  Two TITLES are due to go there, not sales made.

Fucking Amazon.
Molon Lube

Cain

Amazon is successfully dicking over everyone lately.  You don't even have to work for them or order from them to have to suffer with their bullshit any longer.

President Television

Quote from: Cain on August 20, 2015, 04:25:02 AM
Amazon is successfully dicking over everyone lately.  You don't even have to work for them or order from them to have to suffer with their bullshit any longer.

Related: http://onion.com/1hoQ28G
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 19, 2015, 07:03:03 PM
Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on August 19, 2015, 04:36:27 PM

YES.  When our mutual friend returns, I shall ask her to pass the idea along.   :lulz:

There is wifi at the hostel in Lima! unfortunately I will only be here tonight and then we head into the mountains.

I think a small book of Kitty Parson´s works would be a delightful idea, although her body of work is still quite small at this time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

The Onion is definitely the news source America deserves, if not the one it needs right now.

Also, I'm going to be a grumpy fuck for the next few days, as I'm actually taking some level of control over my diet.  My precious carbs :(