News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Open and Shut

Started by AFK, February 08, 2008, 02:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

but the small ones are the meanest ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's what I always say.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Having watched her kick her brother's asses more than once, I would have to agree.  She takes mean, spiteful and revenge to a whole new level.

:lulz:

Jenne

000, I hope you are remembering the difference between football for the rest of the world vs. football for Americans.  For some reason in the US (*cough*CHAUVINISM*cough*) women are stymgatised as butch or frail, and American football is verboten to both.  *shrug*

It's been the subject of many a primetime made-for-TV movie of the week.

I'm not surprised at all by the responses of the fellow parents here...makes sense the byline would be "give your kid enough trust in him/herself to be him/herself"...as it should be.  It's tough sometimes with public school to walk that balance between making sure your kid isn't crushed daily by the assholes of the world and shoring them up to be ready to take on anything and everything.

We embrace diversity so much in this house that my kids are thankfully colorblind and religiously ignorant. But I know there will come a day when they will pick up stuff from school, come home with it, and I will have to correct their "vision."  Living what you believe in this type of situation is truly the best way to go.  I HATED the hypocrisy my parents displayed at every turn.  The worst of it was, they were total hypocrites and DENIED it.  If I'm stupid enough to be a hypocrite, I hope when my kids call me on it, I will just cop to it and have done with it.

Good on you, all you parents ITT, for recognizing that giving kids strength doesn't weaken you as a parent (something my parents STILL don't get, somehow).  I think having grown up "different" ourselves as kids, I think it somehow became important to let our kids embrace and power through those differences and the difficulties they may have socially because of them.  It's a tough thing to watch, though, I'll tell you that.  When I see my youngest (7 years) dealing with it, I want to kick some elementary school ass.

But then I remember that there are always going to be battles ahead, and it's better he learn NOW how to deal with assholes than to become an hero over them later.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fuck, the thing about football in the US is that it's a narsty brutal sport and even my dad, green beret Special Forces Airborne with over 100 confirmed kills, commander of the AJ Baker Ranger Base, who was inducted into the Oregon Military Hall of Fame, and pulled back into active duty training troops in 2006 due to sheer badassness, uses his Ninja Mind Skillz to forbid his offspring and offspring of offspring to engage in it. He fears that they will become retarded or have teeth knocked out if they play football.

It's not like Daddy's a sexist; he taught (tried to teach) me to kill with my bare hands, taught me to shoot all sorts of weapons, encouraged me to join the military, and my sister's a Marine. It's just that he believes that playing that game is a Bad Idea.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."