News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Frequently asked questions..

Started by Purpleris Niaiseris, June 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on March 25, 2009, 06:08:42 PM
Yeah, nothing has eyes that large, relative to their head.

Its true... but I do have a head that small, relative to my eyes...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on March 25, 2009, 05:41:34 PM
Nigel, you're being strangely passive agressive about this.

Why are you complaining to us rather than taking PurpleEris to task?

Already did, bitch ran away.  :sad:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on March 25, 2009, 08:50:56 PM
Quote from: LMNO on March 25, 2009, 05:41:34 PM
Nigel, you're being strangely passive agressive about this.

Why are you complaining to us rather than taking PurpleEris to task?

Already did, bitch ran away.  :sad:

She doesn't really run away as much as rarely stops by... I'm sure she'll be back and respond to 8 pages of posts that we spags have made... :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 25, 2009, 05:55:40 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 25, 2009, 05:38:21 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 25, 2009, 10:01:35 AM
Because it's not possible that it's an act, right? 

Oh, I totally think it's an act, which is why it irritates me so.

A total put-on. A "look at meeeeee I'm so cute and wacky!"

And inside the cloying sweetness, she hides little bitchy attacks.

But cloying sweetness can be yummy and her barbed attack, mostly seem to have been in response to attacks on her... unless I missed something.

Or should she not respond when someone calls her out?

That wasn't her first snotty passive-aggressive "Ur doin it rong" barb embedded in her pinealist twattery. I won't be fucked to go back and dig up examples from all her nonsense, so believe me or don't.

"Cloying" sweetness, by definition, is a sweetness that makes people want to puke. Why does Yatto get dumped all over when he does the pineal/crazy thing, but little miss can't-skip-a-pot-reference gets the pass? Fuck that. Yatto's worth ten thousand of this twit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 25, 2009, 05:56:38 PM
Either way, can any of the rest of us claim to not inject some snark into our posts every now and again? 

Sure, but we don't all pretend butter doesn't melt in our mouth, and then LOLPINEALFNORD I'M SO HIGH!

Cramulus

fun fact:

for every post Purple Eris had made since she registered,
there are 7.5 posts in this thread

where's the noise again?
oh yeah, you guys are drowning it out  :lulz:

Elder Iptuous

This is just half a post, so that the

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on March 25, 2009, 08:54:45 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on March 25, 2009, 05:55:40 PM

But cloying sweetness can be yummy and her barbed attack, mostly seem to have been in response to attacks on her... unless I missed something.

Or should she not respond when someone calls her out?

That wasn't her first snotty passive-aggressive "Ur doin it rong" barb embedded in her pinealist twattery. I won't be fucked to go back and dig up examples from all her nonsense, so believe me or don't.

"Cloying" sweetness, by definition, is a sweetness that makes people want to puke. Why does Yatto get dumped all over when he does the pineal/crazy thing, but little miss can't-skip-a-pot-reference gets the pass? Fuck that. Yatto's worth ten thousand of this twit.

I don't dump on anyone for pineal/crazy things. Between you, I and the packet sniffer... I privately think its may be missing some important bits of Discordianism, if Discordians DO get pissed at pineal/crazy things (or if they get pissed at anything less problematic than the restriction of individual freedoms in whatever guise the greyfaces might be using). Obviously, my opinion is in the minority and I do understand the desire by some to have meaningful conversation. So we say "Keep the Pineal to Apple Talk" and then "Keep it to one thread" and now, maybe that's not acceptable either. Perhaps we should add a word filter so that any word which might exist as a Discordian Meme from before PD.com went live would be shown as *******. A lot of forums that have people who are offended by words have such tools in place.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Ain't nobody gonna stop my hate.

hooplala

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 25, 2009, 09:24:02 PMI privately think its may be missing some important bits of Discordianism, if Discordians DO get pissed at pineal/crazy things.

I'm not sure that sentence makes sense.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Dr Hoopla on March 25, 2009, 09:28:23 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on March 25, 2009, 09:24:02 PMI privately think its may be missing some important bits of Discordianism, if Discordians DO get pissed at pineal/crazy things.

I'm not sure that sentence makes sense.

Discordians that get all upset about nonsense, IMO have perhaps missed two lessons I personally consider very important in Discordian philosophy.

1) Mastering nonsense as well as sense and grokking both as absurd.
2) Personal Responsibility aka "Well then... STOP"

If a Discordian don't like pineal posts... the they should STOP reading them. If they find nonsense annoying and a waste of time... then... well IMO... they aren't Discordian in the sense meant by the people that coined the term. That doesn't mean that they are not Discordians in some sense, but perhaps its not the sense they were intending. (And I would find the same to be true for a Discordian that could master Nonsense, but not Sense... Purple Eris, I am looking at you).

At one time, I figured that most Discordians could carry on a meaningful conversation about philosophy AND an esoteric discussion about how the flying saucers will soon be followed by flying teacups and laser powered crumpets. In practice however, it seems that most seem capable of one OR the other... either that or they only ever seem to care about one or the other.

This is my opinion, nothing more... not a papal decree on who or what IS Discordian... just the opinion of a Squirrel.

BADGE OF HONOR

What about the people who just do it because they think that's what they're supposed to do?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 25, 2009, 10:13:27 PM
What about the people who just do it because they think that's what they're supposed to do?

What about them? If they can't grok sense and nonsense then that seems like a problem to me. If Purple Eris posted and said "I don't like that you are all mean to me and I should be allowed to say PINEAL without comment..." then I would say "If you don't like it... then STOP"

Quote16 Even so, if you do naught but parrot the old memes, you are still Discordian in some sense. Though, perhaps not the sense you were hoping for.

The Good Reverend Roger

Point.  I just re-read the first post of this thread, and I pretty much take back any defense I offered for her.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Honey

Probably off topic here (how unusual for me?) but just wanted to pose a question for Purple.  Maybe this is an assumption on my part, but here goes anyway.  How many languages do you speak/write fluently?  I'm always astounded (bein' American & all) at how people can be so fluent in more than 1 language, for some it's 2 or more.  For me, it's as if people that can DO that are exercising a muscle on a daily basis that others are not.  I wonder what that means as far as other sort of communication abilities, cognition even & whatnot?  I studied French for about 4 years but don't get to practice speaking so much but can usually get by reading it.  I always try to speak the language wherever I visit but it takes a kind of courage (can also be quite amusing - whatever language I attempt has that hard to get rid of NY accent).  & honestly, I find it hard enough most times to even express myself (well) in my first language!  I know there are others here (000 springs to mind) who are very very good at expressing themselves in what, I am again assuming, is not their first language.  I dabble in learning a few words in various languages from friends & other people I come into contact with pretty much on a daily basis & I've asked them about these things too.  Mostly they are trying to learn English but I like to know a few words here or there & they are usually very happy to teach/practice with me.  It comes in handy at times, like in casual translations or in other kinds of interactions. 

(oh & thanks for the invite, I'm prettty much more broke than I've ever been since ... (cuts down on travel)   :sad:   but I'll let you know if I'm visiting.  I have a few contacts there but it's always good to get different ideas about things to do, people & places to see et cetera.)
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell