News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Frequently asked questions..

Started by Purpleris Niaiseris, June 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

yet again I am forgotten

:sad:

That's OK. I'll just go sit in the corner
:x
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

hooplala

Me too, but I'm not sure if I've stated an opinion one way or the other in this thread... can't be bothered to go back and look.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Pinealist: Slang for a Discordian which has come to think that finding their pineal gland is the goal, rather than the start, of the path. These individuals simply live in their pineal gland, allowing it to, in effect, become a Black Iron Pineal-tentiary.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Bu🤠ns

wha?! what is this thread? where did it come from and....

Cramulus

let me try to explain the "anti-pinealist" thing without giving too much of my opinion about that meme.

a "pinealist" is slang for someone that treats the Principia Discordia is a holy book, and thinks that they're a good Discordian because they can recite it forwards and backwards - and often do so. There was a time on this board where posting random meaningless jibber jabber was the norm (scroll back through the archives to 2004), but eventually people decided they wanted to have conversations with some substance. The consensus is that randomness, when it's not witty or funny, is just boring.

see also: The Penguin of Doom, Rutabagas.

Likewise with the number 5 or 23. Trying to work a bunch of 5s and 23s into posts doesn't make a post better. It makes it look like the poster is trying too hard.

The problem is that we're principiadiscorida.com. We host a kick-ass copy of the Principia. So people read the PD for the first time, then come here. They try to impress the locals with how "Discordian" they are by acting really random or quoting the PD. Some say this is equivalent to bible thumping.

Around here, people like to communicate in a fairly straight-forward manner, so they prefer coherent posts with proper spelling and grammar. Some might say "Those rules are just for monkeys!" Yes, and we are those monkeys!

Many Discordians get confused at this - after all, aren't Discordians against rules and social norms? Nothing could be further from the truth. This community highly values the Sacred Chao - we understand that we need some order so the right kinds of chaos can flourish.

I remain skeptical that pinealism is really a problem - isn't a pinealist just a type of newbie? Won't they eventually get over it, like most of us have? And are there actually pinealists that come here, or is that a strawman which was more applicable in 2004-2005?
----But that's another discussion entirely.

AFK

The place was decidedly more Pinealy in 2005, from my perspective as someone who was a n00b in 2005. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Cramulus on March 19, 2009, 05:49:15 PM
The problem is that we're principiadiscorida.com. We host a kick-ass copy of the Principia. So people read the PD for the first time, then come here. They try to impress the locals with how "Discordian" they are by acting really random or quoting the PD. Some say this is equivalent to bible thumping.

Problem?
Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.
This space for rent.

LMNO

I think I like PurpleEris, simply because she doesn't seem like she's trying.

As far as the "pinealist" thing goes, the "anti" bit, to me, is like granting the n00b permission to cut the shit.  You don't need secret code words, holy in-jokes, or rote turns of phrase to post here.  You don't have to

go-->
juicy-joyce with the pastingofposts franticantic proving the state of the stateofthestateof mental reachyes into the cos[mios] of the sixth(sexth) sir-kut of allis One which is All which is Eris

in order to be accepted.  You are free to post as you would anytime else you write something down when you commuticate.  Because, ultimately, a forum is for communication.

Of course, given the nature of the forums, we tend hit people with bricks rather than to nudge.  Then again, that's one of the reasons I like this place.

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Whatever. I hate people who think they're cute as a bug's ear, and that's the impression she gives me. Hate on.

And, purpleshitstain, don't fucking tell me what to do with my time, you stupid cunty pinealist dog whore.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, and it especially annoys me when she sticks passive-aggressive bitchy little barbs in the middle of her pinealist bullshit as if she thinks people won't notice... which, apparently, most people don't.

I may be a complete dick, but I'm not pretending not to be.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Voodoo

Messier Undertree

So, I'm back after being forced to do things in real life for an entire week.

Am I allowed to make a :| face IRL when I read her posts now or what?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on March 20, 2009, 02:20:27 AM
Oh, and it especially annoys me when she sticks passive-aggressive bitchy little barbs in the middle of her pinealist bullshit as if she thinks people won't notice... which, apparently, most people don't.

I may be a complete dick, but I'm not pretending not to be.

In my case it's because I don't read 'em.

In fact, every time I see this thread I wonder, 'wait, I've posted in this thread before? Why?'

I still don't know why. Maybe I just hate myself.