Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 12, 2016, 01:51:28 PM
Alright, looks like this guy may be one of us:

QuoteWhat all this adds up to is a large group of people who are convinced they are being rebellious by taking part in the most normal activities possible, while trying to spread their false discord by kindertrolling their own choir. And as if all of this attention seeking juvenile behavior were not obvious enough, Disco Trolls often appear to be emotionally damaged and self-esteem deficient individuals who use blatant hyperbolized sexuality to booster their frail egos. Sharing nudes with strangers online is not edgy sexuality, it is a desperate plea to get attention with the least amount of effort

Who's on the outreach committee nowadays? Trix?

He definitely is on the right (ie. not stupid) track.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 12, 2016, 01:27:47 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on October 12, 2016, 01:23:17 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 12, 2016, 11:02:28 AM
http://advancedape.com/social-network-discordianism/?ckattempt=3

A very fine read with other articles yet to be seen.

Link not found.

His has some dumb shit at the end http://advancedape.com/social-network-discordianism/

Yeah.. the first time I tried to post the thing to FB the link I copypasta'd in didn't function.

Article also probably shouldn't have added that last paragraph too, as it turns out, which was my first impression of what you meant.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

trix

QuoteWhat all this adds up to is a large group of people who are convinced they are being rebellious by taking part in the most normal activities possible, while trying to spread their false discord by kindertrolling their own choir. And as if all of this attention seeking juvenile behavior were not obvious enough, Disco Trolls often appear to be emotionally damaged and self-esteem deficient individuals who use blatant hyperbolized sexuality to booster their frail egos. Sharing nudes with strangers online is not edgy sexuality, it is a desperate plea to get attention with the least amount of effort

Where is the quote from?

We have an outreach committee?  I'm on it?

Well, I love committees so yeah sign me up.  Sitting around wasting time pretending to make decisions?  RIGHT UP MY ALLY!

EDIT:  Found the post you were replying to.  My mistake.

That article is interesting.  I agree the guy needs to meet the HATE RANT Discordians.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I find myself thoroughly agreeing with about 3/4s of all of his articles, and choking to death on rest. Which, I suppose, is one of the prerequisites of being a proper Hate Ranter.

The Wizard Joseph

A little something I cobbled together earlier this morning. Working on more.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 12, 2016, 03:27:32 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 11, 2016, 02:55:35 AM
So, after the hilarity of last week's meeting, I have been invited to another meeting this week to discuss what should have been discussed last week.

For those keeping score at home, that means every day off I've had in the past month month, bar 2, have been spent on work related bullshit (the move or meetings).

I have sent back a polite email declining, citing my previous comments, which were, I believe "I'm no longer interested in attending any meeting you put on, you lying bastards".

How are they not getting  this? Also, how are they under the impression that scheduling meetings on your day off is OK?

Because they can pretend not to get it, and then they can go back to cutting corners while making ridiculous amounts of money ripping their students off.  After all, it will only actually matter in the event someone does get hurt due to their stupidity, and when the emails prove they knew it was a problem.  Until then, who cares?

They probably got the impression from the same person who told them it was OK to schedule mandatory all-day training sessions after all night shifts.

Junkenstein

Quote from: trix on October 12, 2016, 05:49:26 PM

Where is the quote from?

We have an outreach committee?  I'm on it?

Well, I love committees so yeah sign me up.  Sitting around wasting time pretending to make decisions?  RIGHT UP MY ALLY!

EDIT:  Found the post you were replying to.  My mistake.

That article is interesting.  I agree the guy needs to meet the HATE RANT Discordians.

It's a "touched it last" kind of deal. It's you until you convince someone else it's them.

And you've got form for this kind of thing.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

DAY 14 OF BEING ALONE IN THE HOUSE:

Lizard blood everywhere.  So much blood.  Fred and the other surviving lizards have holed up in the garage, and have repelled any attempts to dislodge them.  Fred has also hollered that he's calling the Hague about my "weapons of mass destruction" just because I did the bleach-ammonia trick to clear the little fuckers out of the guest bathroom.  I am considering using a breaching charge from the living room into the garage to flank them, but Jenn might be upset.  Needs more thinking about.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Hey, you know what's better than a great bigass bear on the mountain?

A mated pair of bigass bears on the mountain.  :banana:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 14, 2016, 10:50:35 PM

The Holy Man class gets attack bears now. I have a barely formed "Final Fantasy" like rpg video game in my head from since the Jehovabubba incident and the Holy Man gets attack fauna under a power called Holy. Thinking angry weasels, supply pigeons, and now attack bears.

I'm trying to flesh out the basic rules from the card game in my head right now though. I'm most of the way through a play description and hope to have it roughed out to post before I flesh out more cards so it won't be without context.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 14, 2016, 11:20:43 PM

The Holy Man class gets attack bears now. I have a barely formed "Final Fantasy" like rpg video game in my head from since the Jehovabubba incident and the Holy Man gets attack fauna under a power called Holy. Thinking angry weasels, supply pigeons, and now attack bears.

I'm trying to flesh out the basic rules from the card game in my head right now though. I'm most of the way through a play description and hope to have it roughed out to post before I flesh out more cards so it won't be without context.

All I'm saying is, nobody better make fun of my hair.

https://bible.org/seriespage/4-elisha-and-two-bears-2-kings-223-25

Trivial

:lulz: People are trying to get pet pigs allowed within Chicago city limits.  I hope people appreciate just how fecking big even small breeds of pigs get.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 14, 2016, 11:41:50 PM

QuoteWe must remember, however, that the Word of God, which is alive and active, is also the mighty channel the Spirit of God uses to bring men out of darkness... yadayadayada

After this point it's all Jesusprop, but here's an essential point as I see it. The Holy Fear is a sacred state and dispensation to dispense The Fear a major "perk" of the whole Holy Man gig. There was a time when the rest of nature was a sufficient means to this vital end. It kept humans healthy and REASONABLE to never know when 1200 lbs of fuzzy deathbeast could become a thing at any given time.

But once things got all "civil" the need for supplemental Holy dispensation became evident, thus the Holy Man was set apart to be a reminder to folks of what they had to look forward to going back to if they fuck up, which they always do without healthy dosages of The Fear.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on October 15, 2016, 12:14:18 AM
:lulz: People are trying to get pet pigs allowed within Chicago city limits.  I hope people appreciate just how fecking big even small breeds of pigs get.

I feel they have not thought this all the way through.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 15, 2016, 12:46:35 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 14, 2016, 11:41:50 PM

QuoteWe must remember, however, that the Word of God, which is alive and active, is also the mighty channel the Spirit of God uses to bring men out of darkness... yadayadayada

After this point it's all Jesusprop, but here's an essential point as I see it. The Holy Fear is a sacred state and dispensation to dispense The Fear a major "perk" of the whole Holy Man gig. There was a time when the rest of nature was a sufficient means to this vital end. It kept humans healthy and REASONABLE to never know when 1200 lbs of fuzzy deathbeast could become a thing at any given time.

But once things got all "civil" the need for supplemental Holy dispensation became evident, thus the Holy Man was set apart to be a reminder to folks of what they had to look forward to going back to if they fuck up, which they always do without healthy dosages of The Fear.

This is why I, as your Holy Man™, have decided to go back to fundamentals.  By which I mean bears.