News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

EggGASM

Started by Cramulus, March 14, 2008, 01:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Cupcake

I picked up about 36 eggs from the dollar store this weekend. I think I'm getting more.

I wrote on them, and the pictures are now on flickr and tagged eggGASM: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24730910@N05/

I will be stuffing them accordingly, and hiding them this coming weekend. Probably Friday. I know Sunday would be better, but frankly, I just can't make Sunday work, so better early than never, right?

I am absolutely tickled about this mission :D

EDIT cause I wanna add some pics and stuff:

all the eggs!

CAIN FOR TCC ADMIN :lol:

here's a breakdown of what I wrote on my eggs:

-6 yellow eggs labeled "kallisti"
-"-what the hell?
   -who just leaves an egg somewhere?
   -i dunno, better just let it be...
   -yeah, just leave it alone."
-holy crap! an egg!
-won't you be my groundhog?
-happy halloween!
-happy father's day!
-look for a GASM? ...then i'm your egg!
-not a trick. not a chain letter. just the meaning of life!
-it's okay to open me--i'm unfertilized!
-ZOMG 23-5 PINEAL FNORD!
      :lulz: (on opposite side)
-fold along dotted line (zigzagging around outside of egg)
-EGAD
-OH HAI! let's be friends!
-EVIL SPACE ALIEN EGG DOOM
-nothing to see here. move along.
-ACTUAL SIZE!* (in star burst) *some restrictions apply, void where prohibited (small text, on bottom)
-FREE DRUGS INSIDE
-FREE HUGS INSIDE
-INSTANT DANCE PARTY! just open!
-baby chicken not included
-eggGASM emissary
-CAIN FOR TCC ADMIN
-VOTE ERIS IN '08
-a vote for eris is a vote for sexy!
-i for one welcome our coming robot overlords
-STEAL THIS EGG!
-the contents of this egg are cooler when you're drunk :)
-NO! NO! please do not open me! i'm a virgin!
-LOOK INSIDE ME
-DO NOT OPEN if you do not like happiness!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Cramulus

:mittens:!!

Those are awesome, DCup!

I especially like the egg labeled "Happy Halloween"

Cain

:lulz:  Thats my new screensaver sorted out!

Iron Sulfide

stuff about jesus and bunnies.

i.e. "jesus sat on this egg, now it's your turn."

[edit]

HaHA! or this: "This do in remembrance of me."

maybe "WTF?!?!? Easter in MARCH?!?!"

i know that christians aren't the only ones celebrating easter, but most of
them still aren't aware of it's lunar basis, and innumerable similarities to
pagan customs. 
Ya' stupid Yank.

Darth Cupcake

So here is something that a friend of mine posted on my LJ when I encouraged putting of crazy crap in plastic eggs:

On the topic of putting crazy crap in eggs: My friend and I, in order to continue the Hampshire tradition of getting wasted on Easter Morning, are going to attempt to make jello shots in plastic easter eggs, and then hide them around her apartment.

Sure, it doesn't have the same impact on the public, but I think that's a pretty good idea too. :lol:

Cramulus

we just had a weird encounter with one of our building maintenence guys. He said, "Have you seen those eggs? What's the deal with them. I've just been throwing them out."

:x

EmmaE

Well, things didn't go exactly as planned with the college, but I think it'll still be slightly epic.

We're having a easter egg hunt for students and their families, and I know the people putting together the event, so I suggested stuffing some of the eggs with fortunes and little sayings for kicks. The event coordinator liked the idea so much that she talked to the dean about making it a college wide event, but that idea fell flat- organization issues, they say.

But because the original event is on a smaller scale, the coordinator is letting me do it for their event. I'll try to have some pictures up of the eggs shortly.

Now the only problem is trying to find some kid-friendly memes that also appeal to adults. Hmm.

also, Prof. Cramlulus: That sucks. Who'd throw those away?  :?
Understanding requires the risk of insanity.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on March 20, 2008, 07:14:39 PM
we just had a weird encounter with one of our building maintenence guys. He said, "Have you seen those eggs? What's the deal with them. I've just been throwing them out."

:x

Awwwwww.  :cry:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: EmmaE on March 20, 2008, 07:19:41 PM

Now the only problem is trying to find some kid-friendly memes that also appeal to adults. Hmm.

My son said he had the best results from "Congradulations! You've found Clue #3! - The man in the green jacket will tell you what to do next"

Cramulus

Cain

Quote from: EmmaE on March 20, 2008, 07:19:41 PM
But because the original event is on a smaller scale, the coordinator is letting me do it for their event. I'll try to have some pictures up of the eggs shortly.

Thats pretty swote.

I'm still waiting for more plastic eggs to be delivered.  Because SOMEONE (who I am reliably informed is NOT the Christian Union at all) bought them all up.

Buying some back seems to be impossible, since I am still banned from the Christian Union building, and the President always runs in the other direction when I talk to him.  Quite disgusting, given how much I have given in money to charities sponsored by the Union.

Darth Cupcake

MOAR FOTOS on my flickr and tagged to go in the stream

A few highlights: outside an ice cream shop, sitting on a big cow sculpture, is the "FREE DRUGS INSIDE" egg. Inside the egg is a slip of paper that reads "we have this area under surveillance."

Outside a church, positioned in a planter next to the door that is empty except for some dirt is the "CAIN FOR TCC ADMIN" egg. Inside that one is the "this is the correct heathen death cult!" memebomb slip. :lol:

An ugly hipster saw one of my eggs on the NYC commuter rail. Picked it up. Looked inside it. Read the paper. Rolled his eyes. Closed it and put it back. What a lameass jerk!

I left one on the subway and as I was about to exit the train, someone said, "Excuse me miss, did you drop an egg?" I looked at him with an expression of confusion. "No..." And then hurried off through the crowd.

Reverend Loveshade

The Mythics of Harmonia adopted this as Erister Egg Hunt the same time Cramulus adopted it as EggGASM.  I like both names--whatever works to get the word spread.  I'll come back later and post details of what some of the groups did.
"Threats should not be tolerated. They're demeaning, they're violations to human rights and no one deserves them."

-- navkat, 20 June 2007, principiadiscordia.com

Reverend Loveshade

By the way, with no Disrespect to Professor Cramulus (I consider es mustaches to be a Holy Relic), it appears somebody beat em to coining the term EggGASM:

"Dane Cook's: Egg Gasm!

Submitted by Brian McGuinness on August 22, 2007 at 5:49 PM"

http://www.chuckledumper.com/index/month/2007/08

And see the EGGGASM video at http://www.break.com/index/dane-cooks1.html ("This is a hilarous spoof of Dane Cook and Chris Rock doing a cooking show.") although there it's spelled EGGASM.

By the way, I don't necessarily find it hilarious, but that's just my opinion.
"Threats should not be tolerated. They're demeaning, they're violations to human rights and no one deserves them."

-- navkat, 20 June 2007, principiadiscordia.com

Cramulus

Quote from: Reverend Uncle BadTouch on June 13, 2008, 05:00:16 AM
The Mythics of Harmonia adopted this as Erister Egg Hunt the same time Cramulus adopted it as EggGASM.  I like both names--whatever works to get the word spread.  I'll come back later and post details of what some of the groups did.

I actually prefer Erister Egg Hunt.