News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Recruitment (AKA: getting TGRR to shut the fuck up by amusing him w fresh meat)

Started by navkat, January 02, 2012, 11:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

I have an Eriaian smoking club letterhead but,I'm not certain of attribution.

I'dLove a page with a layout similar to cramul.us with overviews of and links to major projects.
Off the  top of my head;
Chao te ching
Black iron prison
Book of baloney
Spuder project
Hey Jim
Musings of a faceless man
Intermittens Collection
Dialeggo Discordia _ excuse mispelling
Failwhale apocolyspe and other stories

And anything else i may have missed. Were a lot better at creating high quality stuff than we are at pimping the fuck out of it.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

LMNO

Being able to print out selected pieces from the Spider thread and send them to random people on official letterhead would be awesome.

Cramulus

Placid Dingo, that's EXACTLY what we need - something that indexes the major community output... having a shiny output page will also encourage us to make more / better stuff. I'll make the task a bit easier by hooking us up with links...

Quote from: Placid Dingo on January 04, 2012, 08:08:58 AM
I have an Eriaian smoking club letterhead but,I'm not certain of attribution.

I'dLove a page with a layout similar to cramul.us with overviews of and links to major projects.
Off the  top of my head;
Chao te ching
Black iron prison
Book of baloney
Spuder project    <------Same PDF as "Hey Jim", correct?
Hey Jim
Musings of a faceless man
Intermittens Collection
Dialeggo Discordia _ excuse mispelling   (not complete)
Failwhale apocolyspe and other stories

And anything else i may have missed. Were a lot better at creating high quality stuff than we are at pimping the fuck out of it.

I would add:

The Et Cetera Discordia

Postergasm

Modern Mythological Creatures  (could still use some illustrations!)

23 Things to Amuse Yourself While You Wait

maybe the om nom nomicon? hahah probably not worth including

Edit to add:

101 Ways to Make Everybody's Day Weirder

The Machine - I know we had a PDF of this - anybody know where it is?

Cramulus

it's crazy how many little documents and PDFs we have. As I was going through my scribd uploads, I found 3 more little pamphlets that I wrote. I definitely think it's a priority to create a better outward-facing portal to this material. All we've got now is a random link on the front page, and a sticky thread in the propaganda repository.

At this point, one of the challenges is finding all the output we have already created.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

LMNO

Faust

Do you want me to centralise everything we've got in a folder for ease of linking?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Quote from: Cramulus on January 04, 2012, 02:44:14 PM
it's crazy how many little documents and PDFs we have.

Back in the Creative Timez™, we made good use of company printers.

Cramulus

Quote from: Faust on January 04, 2012, 03:45:33 PM
Do you want me to centralise everything we've got in a folder for ease of linking?

sure!

we should keep thinking about how to present this stuff though,

a folder full of links is terribly tl;dr, but it'll be nice to have one big central repository.

At some point a few years back, St Mae was passing around a giant archive of all this subgenius material. There were hundreds of megs worth of pdfs, audio, video... I realized that we've probably generated as much content here, we just don't organize it in a way that it's accessible -- unless you already know what you're looking for.

Things to consider: pd.com/blog? is it worth talking about this again? It would be the easiest way to present things, but we've had TERRIBLE success in keeping it updated.

Things to remember: a few years ago, trip was talking about redoing the domain's front page. He had a really sexy mockup. What happened to it?

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on January 04, 2012, 03:56:32 PM

sure!

a folder full of links is terribly tl;dr, but it'll be nice to have one big central repository.

At some point a few years back, St Mae was passing around a giant archive of all this subgenius material. There were hundreds of megs worth of pdfs, audio, video... I realized that we've probably generated as much content here, we just don't organize it in a way that it's accessible -- unless you already know what you're looking for.

Things to consider: pd.com/blog? is it worth talking about this again? It would be the easiest way to present things, but we've had TERRIBLE success in keeping it updated.

Things to remember: a few years ago, trip was talking about redoing the domain's front page. He had a really sexy mockup. What happened to it?

What happened to it?

principiadiscordia.org

If you start Pm'ing me links to materials I'll put them into a .com/docs folder

Cramulus

Faust

A lot of people don't realise the domains I've picked up

Principiadiscordia.org/com
erisbarandgrill.com
himeobs.com
intermittens.org

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on January 04, 2012, 03:56:32 PM

sure!

Yes but if it's a list with a nice thumbnail and a 1 paragraph description for each entry it'd be super sexy! If someone writes the descriptions, I'll HTML the list+thumbnails.

If it turns out to be still to many we can cut it up in categories.

QuoteThings to remember: a few years ago, trip was talking about redoing the domain's front page. He had a really sexy mockup. What happened to it?

same thing that happened to your blog theme I was making :( like a Windows progress bar, it's stuck at 95%.

There's some other really cool ideas ITT, but I'll re-read and re-ponder them tomorrow.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Placid Dingo

Quick note;

I was using hey jim to refer to the PDF, spider project to refer to the music.

Which is probably also a good time to remind people to send me a lastfm address also if they want linkage to the discordian group there.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Triple Zero

Quote from: navkat on January 02, 2012, 11:40:10 PM
5. Easter eggs. The text "tl;dr" should trigger a script that replaces it with "I am lazy and unimaginitive."

I put a lot of Easter eggs in the previous forum incarnation. I will put some of them back, but new ones are better. If you got ideas (anyone) PM me and I'll see what I can do. Some things take longer to code than others plus I really can't get shit done unless I am really into the idea :)

Examples:
- Randomly once very 20 pageloads or so the text "Sticky Topic" would appear as "Stinky Topic".
- The "I JUST PM-ed THE MGT" thread decomposes into ZALGO-esque black crumbles towards the bottom.
- The "TURN EVERYONE INTO A ROBOT" button + the quest to undo this effect once pressed.
- I messed with some specific people a couple of times (only people who I'd know would appreciate).
- The chaotic random postcounts with crazy units were an Easter egg of sorts, I suppose.
- http://principiadiscordia.com/illuminati
- http://principiadiscordia.com/goatse
- http://principiadiscordia.com/secretforums (that one's Faust's work btw)
- http://principiadiscordia.com/devival2010
- there might have been more.

I had an idea about being able to click, drag, doubleclick, etc some innocent-looking elements on the forum and they'd unlock achievements or mini-quests or weird things and such, but I haven't really come up with anything particularly cool.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.