News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

There is serenity in Chaos. Seek ye the eye of the huricane.

Started by ..y.E.R.M.O.M., September 05, 2005, 06:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many Fnords do you think are in Iraq?

Imposition of order = the escalation of disorder
1 (11.1%)
Imposition of disorder = the escalation of disorder
0 (0%)
Oh well... fuck'em
8 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: September 05, 2005, 06:03:52 PM

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Quote from: ..y.E.R.M.O.M.:lol:  :lol: really tthankyou all for making me feel so loved.  
first I'd like to say I'm not acabbage but thanx for asking.  second I don"t spell well.  third I'm not going away if you guys keep this up. this is the most fun I've had since I found the Principia. I'll try to be more origanal.  As for the rest of your "rules" shove it!!  That is all.

They aren't coercive authoritarian rules, they're more like "everyone on thias board has read the Principia Discordia more than 50 times, so it takes more than a little bit of Dadaist noise to mindfuck us. If you called into your local call-in show and did that, yes, that'd probably be a mindfuck. But to mindfuck us, you'd actually have to do something clever like sincerely convince us you were a Republican troll or something" rules. if you just want to post gibberish on a emssageboard for fun, that's great, but none of us will care.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Cain

[quote="The Good Reverend Roger
5.  NEVER, EVER use phrases like "Real discordians" or "True Discordianism".[/quote]

Ooops

LMNO

Quote from: Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell
Quote from: ..y.E.R.M.O.M.:lol:  :lol: really tthankyou all for making me feel so loved.  
first I'd like to say I'm not acabbage but thanx for asking.  second I don"t spell well.  third I'm not going away if you guys keep this up. this is the most fun I've had since I found the Principia. I'll try to be more origanal.  As for the rest of your "rules" shove it!!  That is all.

They aren't coercive authoritarian rules, they're more like "everyone on thias board has read the Principia Discordia more than 50 times, so it takes more than a little bit of Dadaist noise to mindfuck us. If you called into your local call-in show and did that, yes, that'd probably be a mindfuck. But to mindfuck us, you'd actually have to do something clever like sincerely convince us you were a Republican troll or something" rules. if you just want to post gibberish on a emssageboard for fun, that's great, but none of us will care.

This is the correct non-sequitor noun.

The quotes and lines from the principia should be steppingstones and reference points for you to launch yourself into the chaotic ether.  IF the Book of Eris is still around, you'll find many instances of people building their own castles using PD as a foundation, but nothing more.

Or you could even be so bold as to reject the PD entirely, and create your own version of Discordianism, as one or two around here have done.

hooplala

Whatever you do, when you get too angry and stop posting here (which will happen) don't go and create your own board called www.principiadiscordia.org, or www.principiadiscordia.net, or www.prinicipiadiscordia.web or any other lame ass shit like that.  

Or, did you already?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

unlike_someone

- some inertly chaotic chick

"I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!' " --Bruce Baum

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: unlike_someone

You need a picture of one hand clapping.

isn't that a raised fist?
Ya' stupid Yank.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Why would anyone want to kill Bob?

And should we bring popcorn?
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

unlike_someone

Quote from: N'yo B?©, Terrorist Zenja
Quote from: unlike_someone

You need a picture of one hand clapping.

isn't that a raised fist?
\

Now that I think of it, one hand clapping (high in the air) would look a look like something Hitler would do.
- some inertly chaotic chick

"I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!' " --Bruce Baum

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: unlike_someoneI wanna see a //www.principiadiscordia.gov

That would be a sign of the end.

Iron Sulfide

pd.gov comes when the cycle of bearucracy (sp?) starts for real.

not the yearly thing...the mini-aeon.

which is 23 days from now
Ya' stupid Yank.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: N'yo B?©, Terrorist Zenjapd.gov comes when the cycle of bearucracy (sp?) starts for real.

not the yearly thing...the mini-aeon.

which is 23 days from now

That's what I've been saving fuel for.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

What rules?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.