News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 04, 2013, 10:54:19 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 04, 2013, 10:13:43 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on February 04, 2013, 09:59:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 04, 2013, 09:51:17 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on February 04, 2013, 09:48:45 PM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on February 04, 2013, 09:47:18 PM
is it?  :?

Yeah they are Inuit.

And a bazillion other tribes.  calling a non-Inuit tribe member an Inuit also pisses them off.

I just punt and call them "people" or "Native Americans" if I have to be more specific.

Thats right, I remember in Island of the Blue Dolphins (which I read as a kid) the girl in the story kept dealing with the Aleutians (I think she was Inuit) and there's also some other major tirbe that starts with a Y I think.

Also they don't live in igloos. In fact, a lot of them live in houses which are slowly sliding into the rivers due to the warming trends.

ETA: Actually she was Nicoleño Indian apparently. I just googled it.

The other big group you're probably thinking of is Yupik.

Also, Glenn Beck seems to be epically missing the point that allowing women and gays to fight isn't about making our army more terrifying. It's that it also won't make it LESS terrifying. Enemy soldiers won't know that someone is transgender... they will know that they're getting SHOT AT.

Not the point.  He's pandering...Nothing new, but he's doing it badly.

If Filthy Assistant is disgusted by his appeal to ridicule bullshit, then he's missed his target.

:lol: Good point.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mangrove

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 04, 2013, 11:05:23 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 04, 2013, 10:54:19 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 04, 2013, 10:13:43 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on February 04, 2013, 09:59:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 04, 2013, 09:51:17 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on February 04, 2013, 09:48:45 PM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on February 04, 2013, 09:47:18 PM
is it?  :?

Yeah they are Inuit.

And a bazillion other tribes.  calling a non-Inuit tribe member an Inuit also pisses them off.

I just punt and call them "people" or "Native Americans" if I have to be more specific.

Thats right, I remember in Island of the Blue Dolphins (which I read as a kid) the girl in the story kept dealing with the Aleutians (I think she was Inuit) and there's also some other major tirbe that starts with a Y I think.

Also they don't live in igloos. In fact, a lot of them live in houses which are slowly sliding into the rivers due to the warming trends.

ETA: Actually she was Nicoleño Indian apparently. I just googled it.

The other big group you're probably thinking of is Yupik.

Also, Glenn Beck seems to be epically missing the point that allowing women and gays to fight isn't about making our army more terrifying. It's that it also won't make it LESS terrifying. Enemy soldiers won't know that someone is transgender... they will know that they're getting SHOT AT.

Not the point.  He's pandering...Nothing new, but he's doing it badly.

If Filthy Assistant is disgusted by his appeal to ridicule bullshit, then he's missed his target.

:lol: Good point.

Glen Beck epically missing points. That's all he does....it's the whole reason for his existence - to acquire a 'little knowledge' of things and then get them wrong, on purpose.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Republican writers: we're not racist, we just hate democracy.

QuoteNow Tanenhaus doesn't want you to think he is saying that today's conservatives are just a bunch of racists. Certainly not. He is up to something much more subtle than that. "This is not to say conservatives today share Calhoun's ideas about race. It is to say instead that the Calhoun revival, based on his complex theories of constitutional democracy, became the justification for conservative politicians to resist, ignore, or even overturn the will of the electoral majority." With that to-be-sure throat-clearing out of the way, Tanenhaus continues with an essay that makes sense only as an attempt to identify racism as the core of conservatism.

It's pretty weird how they get outraged about the racism accusation, but just sort of mention the whole "resist, ignore or even overturn the will of the electoral majority" thing in passing, then ignore it entirely.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 15, 2013, 02:48:11 PM
Republican writers: we're not racist, we just hate democracy.

QuoteNow Tanenhaus doesn't want you to think he is saying that today's conservatives are just a bunch of racists. Certainly not. He is up to something much more subtle than that. "This is not to say conservatives today share Calhoun's ideas about race. It is to say instead that the Calhoun revival, based on his complex theories of constitutional democracy, became the justification for conservative politicians to resist, ignore, or even overturn the will of the electoral majority." With that to-be-sure throat-clearing out of the way, Tanenhaus continues with an essay that makes sense only as an attempt to identify racism as the core of conservatism.

It's pretty weird how they get outraged about the racism accusation, but just sort of mention the whole "resist, ignore or even overturn the will of the electoral majority" thing in passing, then ignore it entirely.

Whaaaat

:lol:

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Well, on the plus side, they're not really trying to hide it anymore...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So essentially what his argument boils down to is "we're not seeking to obstruct the will of the people because we're racist, we're seeking to obstruct the will of the people because we believe that our ideology trumps democracy".

WELL THAT ISN'T WORSE, OR ANYTHING.

Bruno

At today's CPAC event billed as "Minority Outreach," conference attendee Scott Terry – a white male - caused an immediate reaction when he challenged K. Carl Smith, an African American representative of Fredrick Douglass Republicans and a speaker at the event, after Smith credited Douglass - a former slave and a leader in the abolitionist movement - for forgiving his former master, by uttering an incendiary comment:
"For what? For feeding him and housing him?"
The comment made Smith instantly recoil. Maybe not so shockingly, the crowd reaction was immediate but mixed, drawing what appeared to be both applause and scorn.
Later, in an interview with Think Progress, Terry, who earlier had lamented the oppression of "young white Southern males," doubled-down on his blatant contempt for blacks, railing that whites have been "systematically disenfranchised by the federal government," and commenting that " African Americans should be allowed to vote in Africa." When asked if he would prefer a society where African Americans were permanently subservient to whites, Terry was unabashed:
"I'd be fine with that."
Unfortunately, Terry had much more to add.  The conclusion? Clearly, the GOP has along way to go in their – a-hem – "outreach."

http://theeverlastinggopstoppers.com/2013/03/white-cpac-attendee-african-americans-allowed-vote-africa-video/
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

QuoteFormer Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin encapsulated the sentiment during her speech on Saturday before the Conservative Political Action Conference.

"Now is the time to furlough the consultants, and tune out the pollsters, send the focus groups home, and toss the political scripts," she said, "because if we truly know what we believe, we don't need professionals to tell us."

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/18/17351259-gop-report-calls-for-sweeping-reforms-to-compete-in-2016?lite
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

The last two quotes, EH's post and mine, show that the GOP is rested and ready for 2016.  :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2013, 02:18:00 PM
The last two quotes, EH's post and mine, show that the GOP is rested and ready for 2016.  :lulz:

Those little guys sure do bounce back, don't they?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on March 19, 2013, 01:50:50 AM

They're like fist-sized, white-hot balls of fun.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 19, 2013, 03:34:21 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on March 19, 2013, 01:50:50 AM

They're like fist-sized, white-hot balls of fun.

:horrormirth:

Junkenstein

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/03/27/1777991/anti-marriage-equality-bishop-sexual-abuse-does-not-happen-in-straight-marriages/?mobile=nc

QuoteOne speaker, Bishop Harry Jackson Jr, argued that same-sex marriage was actually an attack on low-income urban communities. Jackson claimed that "urban America" could be "healed" by promoting heterosexual marriages because, he alleges, heterosexual marriages have less poverty, less domestic violence, and "sexual abuse does not happen."
God has given us a blueprint for how to have success in the earthly realm. He's given us an architectural plan of how to heal the barren places in urban America. He says that marriage between a man and a woman will heal the desert places in urban America. Ghettos will be revitalized if one man, one woman families are the order of the day. When a man and a woman are in the house, poverty is lessened. When a man and a woman are in the house, kids don't go to prison. When a man and a woman are in the house, there's less domestic violence. When a man and a woman are in the house, sexual abuse does not happen.

You can read/watch at the link if you really need to.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.