It must be almost February...

Started by Suu, January 31, 2013, 11:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

BECAUSE MY FUCKING ROOF IS LEAKING. THAT'S WHY.

Okay, in defense of the new place, this storm outside was really fucking bad, and it definitely ripped something off the roof (I've been awake the whole fucking time, I know.) And it's a true ceiling, not a drop ceiling, and it's only a drop of water every couple of seconds, and the SuuBF says it's practically not an issue and I need to relax...BUT FUCK YOU RELAXATION, BECAUSE I LOST HALF OF MY FUCKING FABRIC FOR MY JOB 2 YEARS AGO WHEN THE DROP CEILING FELL ON MY SHIT.

I am not in the mood to deal with this fucking month. It needs to back the fuck off or it's getting its feelings hurt.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Landlord actually gives a shit.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

This only adds more creedence to my theory, you know.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 31, 2013, 04:06:03 PM
This only adds more creedence to my theory, you know.

That February's got my number?

Already warned the BF, he just sorta looked at me funny. Then I presented him with a list of statistical evidence that February has been trying to kill me since 2005, to which he replied I need to go outside tomorrow morning and take February by the balls.

LMNO

No, it was my response to your new boot fiasco.

Suu

Oh, this!

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 30, 2013, 02:49:18 PM
I have a theory, that the Universe does shit just to see you sweat and freak out, and then feels bad about it and takes it back.

It's the only reasonable explanation for things like this.

Yeah. you're probably right. Somewhere, some ancient prankster god gets a wicked hard on when I start calling everyone in Providence a fucking douchenozzle or some shit.

Which doesn't make me happy for this semester. At all.

The Good Reverend Roger

February is preprogrammed for me.

1st week:  Boiler inspection & outage work.
2nd-4th week:  Tunnel kilns 1-3 overhauls.

Add in a scheduler that thinks maintenance is monkey work, and that she can make a better guess of how to do things, and a safety tech that doesn't know her job and insists on "critiquing" every single job no matter what, and you have a February that's already all lined up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

...that's gotta be one of the most New England things I've ever written.

Someweh, some ancient prankstah gahd gets ah wickid haad-an when I staht callin everyone in Prov'dence a fuckin dooshnozzle ah some shit.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 31, 2013, 05:04:28 PM

Add in a scheduler that thinks maintenance is monkey work, and that she can make a better guess of how to do things, and a safety tech that doesn't know her job and insists on "critiquing" every single job no matter what, and you have a February that's already all lined up.

We're gonna need updates all month.

LMNO

Good thing you've got those new PILLZ HERE.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 31, 2013, 05:10:09 PM

Nope. Back to the old ones for now.  Day 4 of new pills was spent at home, waiting for all the spiders to get out from under my skin.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 31, 2013, 05:11:52 PM

Nope. Back to the old ones for now.  Day 4 of new pills was spent at home, waiting for all the spiders to get out from under my skin.

Part of me is horrified.

Part of me is reminded of the days of yore, when you had chewed some cactus, and hid under the bed with your laptop because there were government agents in your trash cans. You ended up shooting up the trash cans, and Maria took all your guns...but one.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on January 31, 2013, 05:29:07 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 31, 2013, 05:11:52 PM

Part of me is horrified.

Part of me is reminded of the days of yore, when you had chewed some cactus, and hid under the bed with your laptop because there were government agents in your trash cans. You ended up shooting up the trash cans, and Maria took all your guns...but one.

Good times.   :lulz:

Mangrove

Oddly enough, February is generally ok for me. Things have sucked so much for months (since say, Sept) that by the time Feb rolls around the hassle has either ended or I have ceased caring.

For me, February is my birthday and that means Mrs Mang's offensively chocolatey CHEEZ CAK!!!!!!!!  :banana:

I'm going to have to post the recipe because I'd rather that everyone on PD was having killer cheesecake than having to put up with stress and bullshit.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Mangrove on January 31, 2013, 10:03:10 PM
Oddly enough, February is generally ok for me. Things have sucked so much for months (since say, Sept) that by the time Feb rolls around the hassle has either ended or I have ceased caring.

For me, February is my birthday and that means Mrs Mang's offensively chocolatey CHEEZ CAK!!!!!!!!  :banana:

I'm going to have to post the recipe because I'd rather that everyone on PD was having killer cheesecake than having to put up with stress and bullshit.

February is my birthday too. :) This usually means Jamaican food and getting hella drunk.