News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Inspired by Navkat: Today's Content.

Started by LMNO, September 15, 2011, 08:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 15, 2011, 08:53:03 PM
"Let go, and let God."

What the hell is THAT all about? What makes humans so desperate to give up their independence? This isn't just laying down in front of an Alpha, with all their charisma and personality, this is laying down in front of a story you were told as a child-- a fantasy.

There must be something wrong with our wiring that allows us to shirk our personal responsibilities so easily to our imagination, to accept so readily an obviously flawed false memetic consciousness.

Sure, we say that Chaos doesn't care, and anything we try to Order creates it's own Disorder. That you should never piss against the wind. Some even talk of Wu-Wei, flowing with the river. But mostly, we talk about surfing the Waves of Chaos-- and when you surf, you don't just let the wave take you against your will. You get on TOP of that fucker, and you make CHOICES, and you STEER YOURSELF down that wall of water. It's up to you to USE that wave to do what you want. And if you forget that, the wave is gonna swallow you whole, and rub your face across the coral bed on the bottom.

I have only ever used that phrase, and continue to do so, as it pertains to my concerns for other people. Shit they're doing that I can't touch though they may be bat-shit, I say "I wish you the best. Here for you if you need anything," then, let go and let god. (little g. I'm atheist)

***Edit for insight-Let go, period. Think for yourself. This is much more useful in any specific instance I can think of. Point taken me.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Wizard Joseph

EDit: sorry posted content in response to wrong thread.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl