News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Some thoughts on the election

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, October 27, 2012, 08:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/view_article.html?article_id=79de9d08fe3113751f61744e7fb59bc0
Obama leads 2-1 in early voting in Ohio.
That's right, 60% to 30%.

Which led me to a fantasy of Mitt getting his ass beat so bad, he CRIES. And teabillies flipping out all over the country.  :lulz:

I was thinking of voting early myslef, since we have those Romney machines here, but in Texas you can only do that if:
■You will be away from your county on Election Day and during early voting;
■You are sick or disabled;
■You are 65 years of age or older on Election Day; or
■You are confined in jail, but eligible to vote.

Because Texas sucks festered javalina dick.
http://votetexas.gov/voting/when/#early-voting

Oh, well. Hopefully I'll see a UN observer at my polling place, since my area is predominantly Mexican.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Q. G. Pennyworth

Don't early voters generally skew very liberal anyway, though?

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on October 27, 2012, 09:16:11 PM

Only because those votes are more likely to he counted.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

That's why I wanted to vote early.

It does look a little skewed to the dems...except for the dick state, of course.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20047369
Early voting in swing states
•Virginia: Statewide, early voting is up 9.4% compared to 2008 - but turnout in counties that went to Obama is down. (Virginia does not have early voting stations, and requires an excuse to cast an absentee ballot.)
•Nevada: Obama has 61% of the early vote, Romney leads 51% among those who have yet to vote
•Ohio: Obama leads 2-1 among early voters, with 14% of voters (based on 2008 totals) casting an early ballot
•Florida: 40% of early voters so far have been Democrats, 45% have been Republican, 15% independent or from other parties. In 2008, early voters were 40% Democratic, 41% Republican and 19% independent or from other parties.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks for the reminder, I'll vote today.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

You can do that in Portland.

Pls come Nigel my state. Cider and cake will be provided. Hell, tequila if that helps. Thank you very much.

AFK

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on October 27, 2012, 09:16:11 PM

Yes, and that's how we ended up with Governor Asshat here in Maine.  Because the early voters were stupid assholes who didn't wake up in time to recognize their votes for the Democrat were actually votes assuring Lepage would win.  Numbnuts!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.