News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Tennessee getting ready to throw poor students under the bus.

Started by Bruno, April 04, 2013, 08:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 09:35:33 PM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 09:33:03 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 09:29:12 PM
Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 09:27:09 PM
People who are privileged have a tendency to respond with knee jerk anger-fueled denial when confronted with their own privilege.

Yes.  I have noticed that.

And I thank you for lumping me and every other CIS person in with that, for expressing your contempt of everything we are, simply by virtue of being CIS.

There is zero difference between your comment and some po'bucker going off about "faggots".

The infighting is almost as realistic as in DooM...

Sorry.  We don't all agree about everything here. 

And your implication of dishonesty fits the butthurt nature of the rest of your replies.  Eat a dick.

I honestly can't believe I spent 2 hours on that reply/thread to you.  I am a moron for falling for your troll.  You win, sir.

Awww, dude, I was just trying to lighten the mood. I know PD doesn't agree with itself constantly...it wouldnt be a discordian forum if it were all about concordant opinion.

And to be honest, man, you won equally as well as I did. I've been exposed to new view points, had a good long slugfest on the internet, and pissed out some stress by waging a good debate violent argument. I've absorbed some inkling of idealism from you guys, so other than the incessant annoyance I may be posing, the whole exercise should be seen as positive...

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 09:37:18 PM
To the rest of the PDers:

I TOLD YOU SO.

But without this how will we fill the void that the drug thread's slowdown has left in our life?

Juana

People who are privileged have a tendency to respond with knee jerk anger-fueled denial when confronted with their own privilege.

And I thank you for lumping me and every other CIS person in with that, for expressing your contempt of everything we are, simply by virtue of being CIS.

There is zero difference between your comment and some po'bucker going off about "faggots".
FFS, Roger. I apologized for that comment months ago and meant it. I don't have any contempt for people who are cisgender, just because they're cis. It's a thing, just like being trans* is. Nor am I lumping anyone, and my comment is very much different than his. Mine was a comment about a typical reaction in this situation by a non-biped like him, and his was, well, a typical non-biped response.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 08, 2013, 09:39:24 PM
This level of retardation has got to be a fucking troll.

Ding.

My guess is he's either:

1.  The latest version of Memnoch.  Not the same guy, but the same thing, or

2.  Posting from the university Starbuck's with Daddy's Amex.

In either case, he's proven that he's not worth the time it takes to discuss things.  Just point and laugh.  Just another worthless teabagger lining up to suck the Koch bro's dicks.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

How is it that you are held back by paying payroll taxes? If you had kept the 2.5% of your income that you pay in those taxes (which exist solely to give you personally some benefits in retirement, by the way), would you be wealthy? No, you'd be in pretty much the same shape you're in now. Therefore, the entire notion that your "wealth" is being "drained" by people leeching from the "Government teet" is flat-out preposterous.

The largest part of your "wealth" is not drawn off in taxes (payroll taxes -- again -- which are not even income taxes). The portion of your wealth that you are missing never shows up in your gross pay in the first place, because your wages are kept artificially low by people who are busy getting filthy fucking rich off of the work you do.

I don't know which company you work for, but if the CEO of your company makes more than ten times your salary, then he is the one leeching off of you -- not the fucking children who would starve to death without the benefits provided by TAXES THAT YOU'RE NOT EVEN FUCKING PAYING.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Pergamos

Quote from: The Johnny on April 08, 2013, 09:23:39 PM
Im a non-partisan foreigner, so i suppose that makes me a "bleeding heart liburrul" for disagreeing with your prejudices.  :lulz:

Hush, you're a dirty Mexican,  you just want to steal his job.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 09:40:35 PM
Awww, dude, I was just trying to lighten the mood. I know PD doesn't agree with itself constantly...it wouldnt be a discordian forum if it were all about concordant opinion.

And to be honest, man, you won equally as well as I did. I've been exposed to new view points, had a good long slugfest on the internet, and pissed out some stress by waging a good debate violent argument. I've absorbed some inkling of idealism from you guys, so other than the incessant annoyance I may be posing, the whole exercise should be seen as positive...

I wrote the shit out of a thread to respond to you.  You didn't even read it, and ran straight to appeal to ridicule.

Fuck you.  Right in the earhole.  I will never take you seriously again.

Good day, sir.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on April 08, 2013, 09:42:57 PM
How is it that you are held back by paying payroll taxes? If you had kept the 2.5% of your income that you pay in those taxes (which exist solely to give you personally some benefits in retirement, by the way), would you be wealthy? No, you'd be in pretty much the same shape you're in now. Therefore, the entire notion that your "wealth" is being "drained" by people leeching from the "Government teet" is flat-out preposterous.

The largest part of your "wealth" is not drawn off in taxes (payroll taxes -- again -- which are not even income taxes). The portion of your wealth that you are missing never shows up in your gross pay in the first place, because your wages are kept artificially low by people who are busy getting filthy fucking rich off of the work you do.

I don't know which company you work for, but if the CEO of your company makes more than ten times your salary, then he is the one leeching off of you -- not the fucking children who would starve to death without the benefits provided by TAXES THAT YOU'RE NOT EVEN FUCKING PAYING.

Hello.

"Troll."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on April 08, 2013, 09:40:46 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 09:37:18 PM
To the rest of the PDers:

I TOLD YOU SO.

But without this how will we fill the void that the drug thread's slowdown has left in our life?

I just wanted to remind everyone that I fucking called it.

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 09:43:20 PM

I wrote the shit out of a thread to respond to you.  You didn't even read it, and ran straight to appeal to ridicule.

Good day, sir.

I stopped taking you seriously six months ago after reading your material on totse...

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 09:44:56 PM

I just wanted to remind everyone that I fucking called it.

You should get cookies for your reward. Weaponized cookies.

Junkenstein

Actually, I think Alty was the first to call out the randroid....
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 09:41:42 PM

FFS, Roger. I apologized for that comment months ago and meant it. I don't have any contempt for people who are cisgender, just because they're cis. It's a thing, just like being trans* is. Nor am I lumping anyone, and my comment is very much different than his. Mine was a comment about a typical reaction in this situation by a non-biped like him, and his was, well, a typical non-biped response.

1.  No, you never actually apologized, IIRC.  You gave reasons why it was okay.  I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.

2.  You just did it again.  You just fucking did.  So how is the apology that may have happened valid?

3.  You didn't identify him as a non-biped, you identified him as CIS.  Unless that is now a functional definition of a non-biped.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 09:45:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 09:43:20 PM

Good day, sir.

I stopped taking you seriously six months ago after reading your material on totse...

What the fuck are you talking about?