News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Well, that's gonna put a fucking damper on things

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 20, 2011, 08:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

Does forensics actually pay 50 k a year?

Only things I've heard of that would get you that kind of money right away with a 4 year degree are Petroleum Engineering and Economics, you'd probably have to have the right networking to get the economics money (I know my mother never made 50k with an econ degree).

You may be able to get free college since you have a medical condition that's going to end your career.  Worth looking into.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

E.O.T.

MAN,

you could be a cop

AND/ OR

run a successful wheat/ gluten free restaurant in P-Town!

THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER!!
"a good fight justifies any cause"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 20, 2011, 05:18:47 PM
Does forensics actually pay 50 k a year?

Only things I've heard of that would get you that kind of money right away with a 4 year degree are Petroleum Engineering and Economics, you'd probably have to have the right networking to get the economics money (I know my mother never made 50k with an econ degree).

You may be able to get free college since you have a medical condition that's going to end your career.  Worth looking into.

1.  Police pay varies wildly by city.

2.  It's a hell of a start towards detective.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Become a motivational speaker. No degree required. :P Just the awesome force of your personality coercing people to reach into their wallets and hand over their credit cards.

OR any of the following: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_highest_paying_jobs

Be an anesthesiologist instead of a surgeon. You get to watch people taken apart without having to get your hands dirty, yourself. Or you could be a gynecologist. The key there is warm hands.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Yeah but then there's that whole getting shot at thing and dealing with meth heads on a regular basis and answering 911 calls from people who got cold fries at the McDonald's drive-thru.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 20, 2011, 07:11:19 PM
Yeah but then there's that whole getting shot at thing and dealing with meth heads on a regular basis and answering 911 calls from people who got cold fries at the McDonald's drive-thru.

What I said.

169% cop.

Elder Iptuous

damn, ECH.
i don't have anything to offer but condolences.  kick in the nuts, man.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 20, 2011, 08:41:29 AM
:lol: that's actually the very first thing I thought of.

The allergy is to wheat.

ETA: but that's not really important. This thread is about what I can do for a career change, not how I should just be some lame niche-market chef who can't use a proper roux.

Well, you can make a lot of money as a gluten free chef in a lot of places.  But if that's too lame for you never mind.

Cops don't make very good money as far as I can tell, but I can definitely see that suiting you well.

or there's always criminal.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I guess reading comprehension is going out of style.

(yeah yeah, Apple Talk, but come on now...)
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 20, 2011, 03:45:19 PM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 20, 2011, 09:28:36 AM
This thread is about what I can do for a career change, not how I should just be some lame niche-market chef who can't use a proper roux.

Become a life coach for life coaches.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Captain Utopia

Lies

Wow man, that's pretty heavy shit. A chef developing food allergies.
Still, good to see your can do attitude going into "Ok, so what CAN I do now?".

If you still want to work with people in hospitality, ever try giving bar tending a go?

That's about as useful as I can be at the moment, but good luck on your quest.
I'm on the search for a new job too so we're kinda in the same boat.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Lyris_Nymphetamine

Quote from: Lies on March 20, 2011, 10:52:41 PM
Wow man, that's pretty heavy shit. A chef developing food allergies.
Still, good to see your can do attitude going into "Ok, so what CAN I do now?".

If you still want to work with people in hospitality, ever try giving bar tending a go?

That's about as useful as I can be at the moment, but good luck on your quest.
I'm on the search for a new job too so we're kinda in the same boat.

Because bar tending pays so well.

Become an air traffic controller. But if what happens in Breaking Bad happens we all know who's responsible.

BadBeast

Private Detective?
Get a good living wage arranging Honeytrap scenarios for cheating spouses.

While you fill in time, waiting for the day when that "Crazy knock-em-dead broad" walks into your Office, in a Mink coat, smoking a foreign cigarette in a long holder, and hands you a mysterious package. Her green, kohl rimmed eyes are red, from recent tears, and her breathing seems a little too fast for the one flight of stairs leading to the street. The diamond necklace, and brooch she's wearing attest to her wealth and breeding, as she looks you straight in the eye and says in a husky, European accent that you can't quite place, "_____________________ (Fill in the rest yourself, you must know better than me how you want this to pan out, and it's your show now, . . . .)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4