News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

q: longevity

Started by Horab Fibslager, July 25, 2004, 08:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

i heard on the new they were testing a possible anti aging drug, which prompted the idea for this topic.

as good as long life is concerned, im down with living younger longer if i can, but there are soem problems with it.

overpopulation - an aging population with the area birthrates is goign to mean people taking up space at an increasing rate, many of whom would be 'unproductive' so to say. todays society jsut isn;t good conditions for this sorta thing, with many elderly ending up destitue and/or homelss.

longer generations - each generation of people creates new mutations, adapting better to their environment. as people live longer they may reproduce less often, and thus farther apart chronologically, decreasing adapatablility to environment etc.

i reckon there's mroe to it than this, but these were the ones that flew off the top of my head.
Hell is other people.

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Grand Imam Horabi heard on the new they were testing a possible anti aging drug, which prompted the idea for this topic.

as good as long life is concerned, im down with living younger longer if i can, but there are soem problems with it.

overpopulation - an aging population with the area birthrates is goign to mean people taking up space at an increasing rate, many of whom would be 'unproductive' so to say. todays society jsut isn;t good conditions for this sorta thing, with many elderly ending up destitue and/or homelss.

longer generations - each generation of people creates new mutations, adapting better to their environment. as people live longer they may reproduce less often, and thus farther apart chronologically, decreasing adapatablility to environment etc.

i reckon there's mroe to it than this, but these were the ones that flew off the top of my head.

Here are a few solutions:

1:  War.  Lots of War.

2:  Colonisation of other planets.

3:  Use of currently unused space on this planet.

4:  Ever seen 'Logan's Run?'

Malaul

aw CC
youre perfect for me
you quote RE
and you know what Logans Run is

::sighs and shakes head::
Stupid Cupid!!

Logans Run was amazing
cheesy
but amazing
I have Ankhs tatoos because of that movie!!

Again I ask, will you marry me?
heheheeeee
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Malaulaw CC
youre perfect for me
you quote RE
and you know what Logans Run is

::sighs and shakes head::
Stupid Cupid!!

Logans Run was amazing
cheesy
but amazing
I have Ankhs tatoos because of that movie!!

Again I ask, will you marry me?
heheheeeee

Of course I'll marry you.  PM me and we can work out the details when you return.

Malaul

sweet!!
(of course, now you arent here,,,)
whats a cat to do? :roll:  :roll:
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Wishfarple

Quote from: Malaulsweet!!
(of course, now you arent here,,,)
whats a cat to do? :roll:  :roll:

Since when is that a problem.  I'm an ordained SubG minister, and I hereby marry Malaul and Compositus Confusio for the duration of 33 and one-third seconds, or until they decide they're sick of it, whichever comes later.  

So mote it be, quid pro quo, sine qua non, je ne sais quoi.
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

Schweinepriester G.

Battle Angel Alita (and Battle Angel Alita: Last Order) shows several solutions for overpopulation all at once:
- colonizatione of the solar system
- extremely bad living conditions for a large part of the population
- neverending wars
- population control
- eating children
- long wars
- setting children in battles against each other
"...it would needlessly exclude IMPS implementations that
  may utilize sub-atomic monkeys and/or multiple universes;"
RFC 2795, section 4 (Infinite-TAG)

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Schweinepriester G.Battle Angel Alita (and Battle Angel Alita: Last Order) shows several solutions for overpopulation all at once:
- colonizatione of the solar system
- extremely bad living conditions for a large part of the population
- neverending wars
- population control
- eating children
- long wars
- setting children in battles against each other

I, for one, welcome our Children Fighting to the Death Overlords, and want them to know I will be glad to work in their sugar mines.

~~~~Closed~~~~

Quote from: Compositus Confusio
I, for one, welcome our Children Fighting to the Death Overlords, and want them to know I will be glad to work in their sugar mines.

damn...I own a salt mine...

The Anti-Cabbage or Fig-1

Well as long as the Nazi hell creatures keep stealing people for work and feeding to the underworld and the Aliens keep stealing people for the same reasons to their space bases we are perfectly safe. :roll:
The Ghost in the Machine is a Peeping Tom.

A*S* K.S.C. P.O.E.E. A.S.P.C.A.

Xoder

Quote from: Compositus Confusio
1:  War.  Lots of War.
There has never, in the entire history of mankind, been a war that ended with fewer people on this planet than before it started.

We, as a species, are not the most prolific fuckers [using that noun in the "people who fuck" sense, not the "people/things" sense], but we are certainly better at making people than we are at destroying them, and have been for quite some time.
There would have been a sig here. If you loved your goddess enough!

Set your registers, initialize your program counter, and EXECUTE!

Guido Finucci

Quote from: XoderThere has never, in the entire history of mankind, been a war that ended with fewer people on this planet than before it started.

For real? Even the world wars? WWII lost in excess of 20 million people -- were there really that many born those five or so years?

~~~~Closed~~~~

*cues dramatic music*

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Hotsuma*cues dramatic music*

With a Herring?!  It can't be done.

~~~~Closed~~~~

I did it with a snapper, not a herring.