News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Vote for Bush?

Started by MescalineBanana, July 30, 2004, 06:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MescalineBanana

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
One gives you time to make changes.  The other is leading us towards a new dark age.

You decide.

All I can really say is that I disagree with you.  At this point, at this level of corruption and utter hopelessness in this country, change could only possibly be created by a second civil war, in which case the result would not be the United States at all.

I must put on this disclaimer, though: this is not really what I believe, it's just an idea I've been turning around in my head, and I decided to put it out there to test reactions.
Omnia quia sunt, lumina sunt.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomOlive leaf is a natural antibiotic.

But are olive trees native to NA?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bella

Russian Olives grow wild all over the US now.
They're mostly found along river banks, etc.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MescalineBanana
One gives you time to make changes.  The other is leading us towards a new dark age.

You decide.

All I can really say is that I disagree with you.  At this point, at this level of corruption and utter hopelessness in this country, change could only possibly be created by a second civil war, in which case the result would not be the United States at all.

Horseshit.  We've made it through FAR worse times than these.

Google "The Anti-Sedition Act of 1918", "James Pierpont Morgan", and "The Sherman Anti-Trust Act, reasons for".

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Compositus Confusio
Quote from: Efrim
Gamers debate the dynamics of life in the dark ages....I think CC has romanticized it a bit.

The best way to imagine it is to think that the director of Road Warrior was a hopeless optimist.

You're right about the Garlic bit.  It's antifungal.  Hm.  I guess it's a good thing I keep a Penenillen culture around.

And you were going to inject that into your bloodstream?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomRussian Olives grow wild all over the US now.
They're mostly found along river banks, etc.

Russian Olives aren't the right kind, unless I am very much mistaken.  Too much tannic acid.

Bella

Probably not.
I'll have to get my books out and take a look.
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomProbably not.
I'll have to get my books out and take a look.

In addition, no antibiotic is universal...for example, erythromicin is great for avian flu-type shit, but useless for blistering staph type infections.

Bella

That's true, but in times of emergency you just have to do the best you can.
My father was an evil herbalist.
He used to make us drink cayenne and water, gargle with garlic juice.......all kinds of nasty stuff.
Some of it was blatant nonsense, but a lot of it was helpful.
Personally, I prefer a combination of modern medicine and "natural" cures.
just like in a dream

Efrim

Funny, when this herbal knowledge could have been really useful (the dark ages) you would both be burned as witches for saying even a portion of what you've said here. Being healed was for those who prayed everyday and kept a healthy distance from soap.
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim

Bella

Quote from: EfrimFunny, when this herbal knowledge could have been really useful (the dark ages) you would both be burned as witches for saying even a portion of what you've said here. Being healed was for those who prayed everyday and kept a healthy distance from soap.
True, especially since I really am a witch, huh?
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom
Quote from: EfrimFunny, when this herbal knowledge could have been really useful (the dark ages) you would both be burned as witches for saying even a portion of what you've said here. Being healed was for those who prayed everyday and kept a healthy distance from soap.
True, especially since I really am a witch, huh?

No, I think they gave the REAL witches a wide berth.

They mostly burned anyone they thought they could GET AWAY with burning.

Bella

just like in a dream

namu

Quotethe end is ineluctable

That's right ! Impending Doom ! Everyone to the shelters ! Spray for your owls ! See you in afterlife !

I must have slipped sideways into another timeline, 'cause mine is not supposed to end anytime soon.

[Edit] Oh, and, toothpaste has been in use since well before Dark Ages. Soap was in use in celtic tribes, even. Ancient Egyptians discovered collyre and its benefits on eye diseases. And most of these people of "before the Industrial Revolution" drank beer because the alcohol in it sterilized the otherwise foul water in it. Thank you for your inattention.
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: namu[Edit] Oh, and, toothpaste has been in use since well before Dark Ages.

Brushing your teeth prevents absesses? :lol:

Who knew?