News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

The Unlimited Atlantic Hurricane Season Fread

Started by Suu, August 23, 2011, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Dear CNN and The Weather Channel,

If there really are people out there that need to be told to not touch downed power lines, it may be best to just remain silent and allow nature to take it's course.

Also, stop being butthurt because people are not buying your fear and are out walking around. This makes you look silly.

Triple Zero

Doesn't it have to be females?

So more like Hillary, Margaret, Angela or Beatrix.

(ETA: Angela referring to the German lady, not the poster here :oops:)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Adios

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 28, 2011, 06:49:33 PM

Not anymore.

Cain

No, since they did have one called Ivan, but on that theme:

Boudicca, Elizabeth Báthory, Aileen Wuornos or Carol M. Bundy.

Luna

Rain has all but stopped.  Wind is still gusting fairly impressively, but, I think, slowing down a bit.

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Jenne

Been downgraded anyway--it's a tropical storm now.  Poor Irene...so much hoopla, so few hoops.

Still and all, she's claimed about what? 6 or 7 lives so far?  And they're SAYING on the talking bobblehead shows that TRONE might yet see some action...and that most of the lives are lost in the AFTERMATH of this sort of disaster...not necessarily DURING.

Still and all--stay safe and whatnot, East Coast maniacs.  Y'all seem to be doing fine, so far...*knocks on wood*

(I am just glad that the two major disasters to the areas I just visited this last month happened once I was well clear of there.  :lol:)

Triple Zero

We just got on the weather forecast that since Irene is a low-pressure area, and it's moving to greenland and then to iceland, that a high pressure area will swoop on down to us and will give us NICE WEATHER NEXT WEEK WH00000000000000000

Finally cause this summer sucked so far, weather-wise
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on August 28, 2011, 03:36:24 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 28, 2011, 03:19:26 PM
Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on August 28, 2011, 03:02:58 PM
Just showed EoCland on TWC. Doesn't New Bedford have the most secure harbor in the nation or something like that?

That depends.  Are we talking storm surges or heroin traffic?

Are you watching TWC? They aren't too happy about shit in the hahbah.

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on August 28, 2011, 03:27:44 PM
I thought there was a hurricane coming?

I've splashed in mudpuddles on breezy days and seen more damage as a result. This shit is weak as fuck and I'm a little pissed that my flight got canceled because of, well, a rainy day.

You're in Maine. You're not getting anything good from this. Meanwhile, I'm watching trees doing backbends in Providence.

Ironically, given its name, God hates Providence.

I suspect it's because he once had a meal cooked by a Johnson & Wales grad.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 28, 2011, 06:49:33 PM

(ETA: Angela referring to the German lady, not the poster here :oops:)

I have never seen a Hurricane Angela in my lifetime, damnit! I think it too, was retired as some point.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Also, it looks like it's about done here. We never lost power. Richter reported that when he walked by my place, I still had a roof but he wasn't sure about the windows. I'm going to request that we head over there shortly and see wtf happened.

Has anyone heard anything from Cram? The Hudson Valley is flooding and my friends in Westchester and Putnam counties are not doing well.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

:spittake:

That's the first time in history, then, that anybody who lived in Westchester county was described as "not doing well".

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

No power outages.

Played a game of chess with Villager. Ate some pizza. Watched some Futurama and TNG.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

East Coast Hustle

I gotta get into the storm supply business. Those cats are clocking some serious loot off of all the scared statesiders who have NO idea what a for-real hurricane is.

HINT: It's not what just happened on the east coast of the US. In fact, anyone who wasn't in South Carolina for Hugo or Hawaii for Iniki has probably never experienced a major hurricane making landfall in the USA, unless one of you old-timers was around for Camille.

East Coast Hustle

And no, Andrew, Ivan, and Bob don't count. by a long shot. And really, neither does Katrina. That was a human disaster, not a natural one.

Suu

Andrew was under-estimated because it was small, and turned out to be the goddamn finger of God, and Katrina was only a category 3 when it hit, people forget that. Those levees should never have failed. I've seen worse hit NOLA in my lifetime.

Andrew leveled neighborhoods with 175mph winds in style. Katrina had to have an unmanned barge slam a levee to flood the ghetto. In fact, Andrew hit NOLA as a 4 after it leveled Miami and carved a path across FL and it STILL didn't break the levees.

Ivan was a goddamn meteorological anomaly. That whole summer was fucked up for Florida.

Irene was Floyd Mark II. Huge storm with lots of water, but not strong.

Just went to my apartment, btw. I has survived (unfortunately). I was looking for a grant out of there.