News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Cover songs that are better than (or as good as) the original

Started by Bu🤠ns, November 21, 2012, 05:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 22, 2012, 03:20:14 AM
Oh, EoC, I almost forgot...

ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH? THERE IS NOT NOW NOR WILL THERE EVER BE ANY SUCH THING AS A COVER OF A MISFITS SONG THAT'S AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL. BLASPHEMER! :crankey:

:lulz:  I didn't think that would be a controversial one.  Wasn't the dude from Prong in Misfits and/or Danzig for a time?  I don't know, I just dig the industrial metal take on the song.

I've got this album Violent World - A Tribute to the Misfits.  It's got some damn decent covers on it.

Quote from: Bu☆ns on November 22, 2012, 03:16:05 AM
for future parsing purposes :D
Thanks, EoC

Burnsey if you found a working mp3 of Toxic I'm going to be fairly fucking impressed.  My only file was lost when I busted my old player and I think a big chunk of my friends from the area lost theirs over the years as well.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

AFK

Yes, Tommy Victor has played with Danzig, also Ministry.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

Tommy Victor played with Danzig about a zillion years AFTER Prong covered London Dungeon.

So, not really relevant. That said, I do like the Prong version.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 22, 2012, 03:48:18 AM
Burnsey if you found a working mp3 of Toxic I'm going to be fairly fucking impressed.  My only file was lost when I busted my old player and I think a big chunk of my friends from the area lost theirs over the years as well.

I *think* so...I'm not sure since I have no idea who they are....but the mp3 i found was pretty damn good, imo

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH? THERE IS NOT NOW NOR WILL THERE EVER BE ANY SUCH THING AS A COVER OF A MISFITS SONG THAT'S AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL. BLASPHEMER! :crankey:

Everything by Psychic Emperor proves you wrong.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Bu☆ns on November 22, 2012, 04:49:10 AM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 22, 2012, 03:48:18 AM

I *think* so...I'm not sure since I have no idea who they are....but the mp3 i found was pretty damn good, imo

Yeah, I got home and listened to it.  You done good.

I googled it and found a bunch of sites hosting it but I wasn't sure if any of them were legit.  Glad you found a trustworthy one.  :)
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 22, 2012, 05:01:01 AM

Never heard of them but I'll give them a listen.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 22, 2012, 05:51:43 AM

If I'm not mistaken, they're from Bremerton.  :lol: Nonetheless, or possibly because of that, I love them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 22, 2012, 05:54:14 AM

If I'm not mistaken, they're from Bremerton.  :lol: Nonetheless, or possibly because of that, I love them.

At worst they can only be the 2nd worst band ever from Bremerton. Because, y'know, MXPX.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Lenin McCarthy

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 22, 2012, 08:15:02 AM
Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 22, 2012, 05:54:14 AM

At worst they can only be the 2nd worst band ever from Bremerton. Because, y'know, MXPX.

OK, I don't, in fact, know MXPX, and I am getting the impression that I'd rather not.  :lol:

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on November 22, 2012, 11:20:26 AM
XTC - All Along The Watchtower http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjTSZmDdJdw

This is better than the original better cover.

I feel like I'm missing something in order to fully appreciate this.

Epimetheus

Nina Tayeb (& Red Band) - Crazy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE2EWYdXQFI

Eyal Amir - Moves Like Jagger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8gffhbeUhs
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS