News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

QuoteThe first rule of throwing grenades is that WE DO NOT THROW GRENADES UPHILL.

WHY DO I EVEN HAVE TO SAY THIS?

Howl to Squiddy, Facebook.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

CorbeauEtRenard

The culmination of a three-day-long facebook argument over why paying poor workers won't make everything too expensive for anyone to buy, shortly after I restated my entire point in the form of a word question with silly unit names since he kept accusing me of "just guessing" what the numbers in my hypothetical examples were...

Lolbertarian: How did the number of items produced increase by 50% if we just raised wages without adding workers?
Witness: That's the thing you keep missing, dude. Figure it out. Why would a company have to make more things? Could it be demand rises because there's more money in the pockets of consumers? No way.

Me: Uh... number of units produced didn't change because it didn't need to. I mean, in the future, the fact that more of Fakey McNotARealProduct will be purchased means a larger market and more total profits to the company (even at the same 10 gloobort profit margin) means they will *eventually* expand and produce more (and that will necessitate hiring more martian workers), but the increase in buying power happens FIRST and DRIVES the business expansion, not as a result.

Lolbertarian: Raising workers wages isn't going to increase output without adding more workers. If you added more workers, then the labor cost increase is more than 50% because some of them come in with the new full salary., not the old salary.

Me: Also, work on your word-problem skills. Nowhere in that example did it say number of items increased 50%. It said glooborts paid to the martian workers increased 50%.

Witness: yes, because we live in the 18th century

Lolbertarian: Your words, cut and pasted, "That is a 25% increase in the final price of Fakey McNotARealProduct, but the workers are making 50% more glooborts." It specifically says they are making 50% more items. My word problem skills seem fine.

Me: Output increases as a result of increase buying that results from increased buying power. The increase in buying power happens first, as the math clearly shows.
Me: Glooborts are the MONEY. Fakey McNotARealProduct is the item.
Me: Pay attention, man.

Witness: oh my god what did i just witness i can't stop laughing
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

Junkenstein

5/5. Well played.

For fun, you may want to mention Ford and their idea of paying their workers more + discounted cars for workers = many more cars made/sold.

No other car manufacturers followed suit on that one at all.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Coffee is like angels farting rainbows into my mouth."
- Hamish Howl, preaching to the atheists.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I cannot stop laughing.

QuoteDelivery or carryout?
-Carryout.
What's your name?
-Cordelia.
What?
-Cordelia. C o r
Ter..what?
-C O R D
Terdillion??
-Jake. J a k e.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

My mom actually posted this on my Facebook page.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Suu

She kicked our asses in Cards Against Humanity during Christmas vacation. My father was horrified and had to leave the room.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

When someone else posted that, this was my response.

Suu

LMNO

Cain

A friend of mine, playing Dark Souls 2:

Why do the pigs have so much HP?  They're fucking pigs.  Oh my god.  Oh good lord...the pigs, they have mad cow disease!  Why are they so tough? 

After 30 seconds:

OK, we've killed one.  Maybe we can get one to fall in the pit?  They're trying to body slam me!  Three little pigs have taken me to half health.  I was just almost killed by three pigs.

Nephew Twiddleton

Via text:

Villager: Just watched cosmos. Imagine What post coital stream of consciousness talk with neil degrasse Tyson is like...
Me: It's kinda like with me if I was black and had a degree.
Me: [half hour later] When we go to Ireland, I would like to visit Glasnevin cemetery, so I can pay my respects to Barry, O'Connell, Markievicz and de Valera, and my disrespects to O'Duffy.
Villager: Yes.
Me: Yes to if I was a black astronomer or Glasnevin?
Villager: Both
Me: Lol
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cain on May 09, 2014, 06:35:29 PM
A friend of mine, playing Dark Souls 2:

Why do the pigs have so much HP?  They're fucking pigs.  Oh my god.  Oh good lord...the pigs, they have mad cow disease!  Why are they so tough? 

After 30 seconds:

OK, we've killed one.  Maybe we can get one to fall in the pit?  They're trying to body slam me!  Three little pigs have taken me to half health.  I was just almost killed by three pigs.

Quoting a month-old post because TO HELL WITH THOSE PIGS is still relevant after all this time. Horrible goddamn monsters.

Suu

Friend posted bulletproof blanket article. This is my response.