News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Dear Discordians

Started by Doktor Howl, March 07, 2012, 04:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 07, 2012, 05:16:49 PM
I sometimes pop up on Facebook to remind them I'm living in an area of London with some of the best bars, clubs, theatres and art exhibitions for free, and that they're scratching around Somewherestone, Somethingshire, having already reached the dizzying height of their career as assistant supervisor for shelf-stacking.

It would be rude to bring up my dating life as well.

Harry Bergeron returns.  Can't you see that your success is harming them, Cain?

Nigel, too.  She runs a business, goes to school, AND raises her kids.  She hasn't even the good graces to be ashamed of it.  Nor, for that matter, does she claim ALL the credit for the good things in her life, giving a nod to the grant programs, etc...Which implies that the failure of those who only sit & wait might be partially responsible for their condition.

All sarcasm aside, it occurs to me that Libertarianism is an excuse for personal failure, more than anything else.
Molon Lube

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 07, 2012, 05:21:55 PM
All sarcasm aside, it occurs to me that Libertarianism is an excuse for personal failure, more than anything else.

I, as someone with very little knowledge on the subject, would be very interested in an elaboration in this, or some other, forum (not internet forum, but like...a different communication setting. like PM or fax or some junk).

Sincerely,
     This guy.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Cain

I hope my success is harming them.  It's a much better (and legal!) substitute for harming them in other ways.

But indeed, point taken.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on March 07, 2012, 05:45:36 PM

I, as someone with very little knowledge on the subject, would be very interested in an elaboration in this, or some other, forum (not internet forum, but like...a different communication setting. like PM or fax or some junk).

Sincerely,
     This guy.

"I have failed because the big, bad gubmint is keeping me down, not because an ill-regulated market has completely stacked the deck.  I would be rich if the government would just stay out of commerce."
\
:mullet:

Molon Lube

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 07, 2012, 05:47:25 PM
Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on March 07, 2012, 05:45:36 PM

Sincerely,
     This guy.

"I have failed because the big, bad gubmint is keeping me down, not because an ill-regulated market has completely stacked the deck.  I would be rich if the government would just stay out of commerce."
\
:mullet:

Well put. Thank ya much.
----------------------
----------------------

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on March 07, 2012, 05:11:14 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 07, 2012, 05:08:51 PM
Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on March 07, 2012, 05:06:16 PM
Doktor, I think you are quite correct. I have spent a great deal of time recently associating with these "normal people", and I have come to the conclusion that many of these Discordians, *and most especially that horrible, horrible LMNO character*, do not take the feelings of these people into consideration when they are belittling them (or in LMNO's case, shrinking them to the size of an insect to ac as his eyes and ears for his unlicensed proctology practice).

LMNO is a prime offender.  He enjoys his job, married a pretty & smart woman, goes berserk on the weekend with fabulous characters, and occasionally comes out West to ride horses & shit.

Can't he see how this makes many people feel inadequate, as if their couch time wasn't as valid as what he does?
Precisely. I believe you should author some sort of sensitivity-training tract. I feel that it would do a world of good.

Oh my god, I am 300% in favor of this. I'm so in favor of it that I'm in favor debt and have to go oppose two things I would normally support.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on March 07, 2012, 07:38:53 PM
Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on March 07, 2012, 05:11:14 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 07, 2012, 05:08:51 PM
Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on March 07, 2012, 05:06:16 PM
Doktor, I think you are quite correct. I have spent a great deal of time recently associating with these "normal people", and I have come to the conclusion that many of these Discordians, *and most especially that horrible, horrible LMNO character*, do not take the feelings of these people into consideration when they are belittling them (or in LMNO's case, shrinking them to the size of an insect to ac as his eyes and ears for his unlicensed proctology practice).

LMNO is a prime offender.  He enjoys his job, married a pretty & smart woman, goes berserk on the weekend with fabulous characters, and occasionally comes out West to ride horses & shit.

Can't he see how this makes many people feel inadequate, as if their couch time wasn't as valid as what he does?
Precisely. I believe you should author some sort of sensitivity-training tract. I feel that it would do a world of good.

Oh my god, I am 300% in favor of this. I'm so in favor of it that I'm in favor debt and have to go oppose two things I would normally support.

:lulz:

Well, there goes the last of my coffee.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I sometimes pop up on Facebook to remind them I'm living in an area of London with some of the best bars, clubs, theatres and art exhibitions for free, and that they're scratching around Somewherestone, Somethingshire, having already reached the dizzying height of their career as assistant supervisor for shelf-stacking.

WE HATE IT WHEN OUR FRIENDS BECOME SUCCESSFUL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PshpA-XRztM
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Harry Bergeron returns.  Can't you see that your success is harming them, Cain?

Nigel, too.  She runs a business, goes to school, AND raises her kids.  She hasn't even the good graces to be ashamed of it.  Nor, for that matter, does she claim ALL the credit for the good things in her life, giving a nod to the grant programs, etc...Which implies that the failure of those who only sit & wait might be partially responsible for their condition.

BINGO.

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote from: Nigel on March 07, 2012, 07:41:08 PM

WE HATE IT WHEN OUR FRIENDS BECOME SUCCESSFUL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PshpA-XRztM

How is something this pretty so sarcastic?
----------------------
----------------------

LMNO

Because it's the Moz.  Naturally.