News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

ITT: Original Story Ideas

Started by Cramulus, May 11, 2009, 09:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on March 17, 2014, 07:46:46 PM
Bitcoin gains sentience and starts to search for its creator, winding up in a legal battle with Satoshi Nakamoto for claiming it is him. The legal system gets incredibly confused trying to determine whether bitcoin has personhood and through that confusion realises that it, too, has sentience.

Bitcoin and the legal system marry and live happily ever after.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Manta Obscura

Here's a few:

1) The exact plot of Twilight, but all the vampires are actually monstrous, the way God intended.

2) A scientist discovers luck to be an real, physical/mechanical process or property akin to magnetism, and develops a prototype method of controlling it (preferably with an awesome raygun or something with "tron-lines"). She wishes to use it to help right the failed experiments with cancer curing, perpetual energy, etc, but her greedy boyfriend/husband steals the technology to go gambling. He is, in turn, robbed by a mafia-esque criminal organization that wishes to use it to become the most powerful and rich criminal organization in the world. They, in turn, lose the device to a terrorist group intent on destroying all of Western civilization. The plot escalates, the device's short-yet-bloody history unfolds as double and triple-crosses overflow, governments war, and rational society is brought to its knees, all in the pursuit of luck. The astute viewer/reader, midway through, begins to wonder: is there some force behind the force of luck causing these events to unfold?

3) "Jaws," except with a killer whale rather than a shark. The whale turns out to be the whale that the little kid freed in "Free Willy," demonstrating that little kids are shortsighted assholes.

4) The time is 104 septillion years after the Christian Rapture has occurred. Richard Les has experienced every possible experience, state of mind, mental nuance, and method of being possible in the known universe. He confronts his creator and is given a choice: Hell, oblivion, or his own universe to mold as he pleases . . .

5) An amateur science enthusiast and tinkerer inadvertently builds a time machine and uses it to go back in time. What he doesn't realize, however, is that since the earth revolves around the sun, when he goes back in time the earth is no longer where he is, for he does not take the earth with him; he ends up floating in deep space, his device damaged by the cold and radiation of the void, slowly dying. That is, until he is picked up by a starship, circling the void one half-cycle around the sun from earth, ever-eclipsed from Earth's view by the sun. He thus becomes the first to learn of Earth's sister planet, and he encounters the beautiful and terrible beings that live there. Why, though so technologically sophisticated, do they maintain such strict radio silence from their celestial neighbor? What long designs have they planned, stalking the Earth for millennia in the shadow of the sun?
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Manta Obscura on April 01, 2014, 02:17:53 AM
Here's a few:

but all the vampires are actually monstrous, the way God intended.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on May 26, 2013, 12:51:47 AM
A deconstruction of the current semiotic signals for quirkiness -- Stepford Wives for the ukeleles-and-unicycles set.

Start off with standard romantic-dramedy setting, casting Michael Cera as the lead. Slowly warp the signals until it is clear that Michael Cera's character is in fact a remote control automaton created by some shady private organization as an agent-provacateur for infiltrating social groups, in order to insert advertisements into random conversations. Big reveal: the social group Robo-Cera is sent to infiltrate is in fact composed entirely of other automatons created by competing marketing firms.

Which leads to a bigger reveal that two of the pilots controlling the automations end up falling in love with each other's avatar (although why anyone could ever love Michael Cera is beyond me) meanwhile one is a republican brony and the other is a juggalo.  The "Third Act Misunderstanding" is when the brony is asked to insert a political agenda into their advertising speech which makes the whole campaign, and thus love affair, go down hill.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Manta Obscura on April 01, 2014, 02:17:53 AM
Here's a few:

3) "Jaws," except with a killer whale rather than a shark. The whale turns out to be the whale that the little kid freed in "Free Willy," demonstrating that little kids are shortsighted assholes.

Already done, and quite well actually. Though it isn't the Free Willy whale.
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/orca/
I consider it a better movie than Jaws.
Here, have a soundbite: http://www.badmovies.org/movies/orca/orca3.wav
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Salty

A cartoon where a drug dog's human partner is killed by weed dealers right before it's legalized. The dog goes on a rampage, busting every stoner he can sniff out, throwing his badge away and going vigilante. Sort of a grotesque mix of Air Bud, Death Wish, and Cujo.

Voiced by Joe Don Baker
Directed by RWHN.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cain

Needless to say, such a film would need to be PG-rated, so the children can be educated.

Not that the violence should be PG, merely the rating.  Education is important.

minuspace

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

-War between the all the different types of vampires: classic draculas, universal hollywood draculas, Blade III draculas, shapeshifting marcelines, elizabeth bathory, sparkly twilight vampires, chinese hopping vampires, Malaysian floating penanggalan heads, and arithmomaniacal muppets

-Political extremists travel back in time to convince the president's father to embrace a life of celibacy and the secret service has to follow them into the past to stop them (did I already post this one???)

-Sweet, Cute cartoonish talking mice subjected to realistic laboratory experimentation, including the parts involving vivisection, electric shocks, etc.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Are you familiar with the n9vel The Island of Doctor Moreau? Good. Let'sturn it up to eleven:
In the future there are no more humans, only surgically anthropomorphized animals surgically anthropomorphizing other animals.

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Demolition Squid

Iain Banks had a character in one of his books pitch a movie idea - aliens as tourists (the 'elite', which brings to mind retired rockstars and dotcom billionaires), coming to see the eclipse (because - according to the character - our planet is one of the only ones with a perfect lunar eclipse).

I think that could be an interesting setup. The story of a shallow alien who comes for the thrills, and the slow, horrible realization that this kind of utterly mundane and familiar motivation is in fact all there is out there.

Kind of an anti-Lovecraft. We have seen the alien, and understood it completely.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Demolition Squid on November 26, 2014, 09:09:48 AM
Iain Banks had a character in one of his books pitch a movie idea - aliens as tourists (the 'elite', which brings to mind retired rockstars and dotcom billionaires), coming to see the eclipse (because - according to the character - our planet is one of the only ones with a perfect lunar eclipse).

I think that could be an interesting setup. The story of a shallow alien who comes for the thrills, and the slow, horrible realization that this kind of utterly mundane and familiar motivation is in fact all there is out there.

Kind of an anti-Lovecraft. We have seen the alien, and understood it completely.

This is even scarier than terrors unutterable and unimaginable.  :mittens:

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Bu☆ns on November 29, 2014, 04:21:28 AM

This is even scarier than terrors unutterable and Actually Kind of Droll.  :mittens:
Isn't that sort of the premise of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, though? That the boring shithole existence on earth is representative of the whole universe?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

An argument over an Apple iPad tablet turns into a combination of the Judgement of Paris and the Enuma Elish.

minuspace

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on November 30, 2014, 11:54:05 PM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on November 29, 2014, 04:21:28 AM

This is even scarier than terrors unutterable and Actually Kind of Droll.  :mittens:
Isn't that sort of the premise of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, though? That the boring shithole existence on earth is representative of the whole universe?

Or to flip it and reverse it [backward 2X].  What about that episode of the Twilight Zone, _How to Serve Humans_.  The human existence is as such "mundane" only to ensure that we most tenderly accept being properly served, without tension or resistance.  We would not want to spoil the meET.