News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Get off my planet, part 936

Started by LMNO, April 08, 2014, 07:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

(With apologies to Roger for stealing one of his taglines)

This was alluded to in the dGrasse Tyson thread, but WHAT THE FUCKING SHITKNUCKLES CHRIST is this?

http://www.geekosystem.com/kate-mulgrew-to-narrate-a-film-about-how-the-sun-revolves-around-the-earth/

I don't even care that it's some actor who pretended to be a space captain.  That would be like thinking Jan-Michael Vincent has some sort of special insight when it comes to helicopters.

No, the point is that it's a show about heliocentrism.  Which we should have done away with IN THE FIFTHEENTH FUCKING CENTURY.

The kicker?  I'll leave it to the article:

QuoteSungenis [the movie's principal] also happens to be a Holocaust  denier who believes in the "New World Order" and who writes articles about how Jewish people have aligned themselves with Satan. In fact, he's such a notorious anti-semite that even his own local bishop, Kevin Rhoades of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Harrisburg, has gone on record distancing himself from the guy and his "Catholic" organization. Seriously, do you know how much of an ass you have to be to get a bishop to notice you?

To sum up:

:crankey:

The Good Reverend Roger

She just denounced the whole thing, just so ya know.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, I feel that perhaps we've been a little hasty with our cosmology.

The Earth centric model, for example, can work if all the planets sort of do a little loop-de-loop once every half orbit.

Also, it occurs to me that the world makes way more sense if it's flat.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

The world makes more sense if I just accept the fact that the nice nurse will be along shortly with my next dose, and the nightmares will end any minute, now.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2014, 07:43:03 PM

The Earth centric model, for example, can work if all the planets sort of do a little loop-de-loop once every half orbit.

Except for, you know, physics.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 08, 2014, 07:49:35 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2014, 07:43:03 PM

Except for, you know, physics.

Balls.  Physics favors the flat earth model just as much as the 'almost spherical' one if you're willing to WIGGLE a bit, and Occam wasn't elected Jesus or anything.

Cainad (dec.)

My job would be MUCH easier if the world was flat.

Cain

SPHERICAL EARTH THEORY CREATED BY LAZY GEOLOGISTS SPENDING YOUR TAX DOLLARS ON SO-CALLED "SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH".

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cain on April 08, 2014, 08:17:06 PM
SPHERICAL EARTH THEORY CREATED BY LAZY GEOLOGISTS SPENDING YOUR TAX DOLLARS ON SO-CALLED "SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH".

Blowing YUOR MONEY on rock hammers and plaid flannel shirts!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on April 08, 2014, 08:09:03 PM

Prove it isn't.  And don't give me any of that "Apollo program" crap, heathen.  You can't see the shape of the Earth from a movie set in Nevada.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 09, 2014, 02:05:00 AM

Prove it isn't.  And don't give me any of that "Apollo program" crap, heathen.  You can't see the shape of the Earth from a movie set in Nevada.

Because if I don't account for the world being round, the site plan I draw for a site in Manhattan ends up in Schenectady.

And that would just be fucking inconvenient. Not that the Universe is above playing dirty tricks like that, but I'm not gonna go around enabling that kind of behavior.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on April 09, 2014, 02:54:55 AM

Because if I don't account for the world being round, the site plan I draw for a site in Manhattan ends up in Schenectady.

And that would just be fucking inconvenient. Not that the Universe is above playing dirty tricks like that, but I'm not gonna go around enabling that kind of behavior.

Crom says "Fuck Cainad, I do what I want".

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 09, 2014, 03:05:19 AM

:argh!:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on April 09, 2014, 03:10:31 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 09, 2014, 03:05:19 AM

:argh!:

I'd like to talk to you about my personal savior, Crom!
\