News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

ATTN PD.COM: I'm losing it

Started by Cait M. R., December 08, 2009, 10:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 09, 2009, 04:44:27 PM
Unfortunately, some "theories" of paranormal activity indicate that the effects work directly on consciousness, and cannot be recorded by standard instruments.

Cuz it's KWANTUUM.

This.  It's all particles.  And stuff.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Faust

Quote from: LMNO on December 09, 2009, 04:44:27 PM
Unfortunately, some "theories" of paranormal activity indicate that the effects work directly on consciousness, and cannot be recorded by standard instruments.

Cuz it's KWANTUUM.
urk, but lots of quantum effects are measurable, the the casimir effect, hell even a good scanning electron microscope can measure tunneling.
If they are going to use mushy psudoscience to justify their shit they should at least keep up to date with the latest difficult to explain scientific effect.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Faust

Quote from: LMNO on December 09, 2009, 04:52:35 PM
DON'T BE A SKEPTIC!
But I'm not I've observed odd stuff, I just don't make any presumptions about its cause. If anything they are hampering interesting phenomena by associating it with a poor hypothesis and undermining any credibility that could be associated with something that at the very least is a REALLY interesting psychological effect.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

IS GHOST!
   \
:hashishim:

LMNO
-see, this is why he shouldn't be posting in threads like these.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Weird things happen

In the last few years I've seen and heard what most people would call "ghosts", but only in this house

Dunno what it is or what causes it.

It's never occurred to me to have anyone come to my house and try to research it. I hate people. I especially hate strangers. Why the hell would I do that? I could give a flying fuck whether anything gets documented, proved, or measured. Stay out of my fucking house. Quantum bullshit or whatever. My  home is not a staging ground to satiate other people's prurient curiosity.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 09, 2009, 05:03:31 PM
My home is not a staging ground to satiate other people's prurient curiosity.

Except for potential lovers, of course.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 09, 2009, 05:07:21 PM

Um, RWHN is gonna kick your ass.

Was that intentional?

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 09, 2009, 05:08:26 PM

Was that intentional?

It depends if you're observing it, really.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 09, 2009, 05:11:02 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 09, 2009, 05:08:26 PM

Was that intentional?

It depends if you're observing it, really.

It occurs to me that what quantum physics I understand is offensive.

TGRR,
Expects that the universe should obey its own fucking rules.

LMNO

It's true.  Quantum Mechanics is basically just trolling the Universe.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 09, 2009, 05:15:30 PM
It's true.  Quantum Mechanics is basically just trolling the Universe.

If I was God, I'd grab the universe in a Phelpstien choke hold and scream "DECIDE!" before anyone opens the box.

Elder Iptuous

It's never occurred to me to have anyone come to my house and try to research it. I hate people. I especially hate strangers. Why the hell would I do that? I could give a flying fuck whether anything gets documented, proved, or measured.

Umm... because one million dollars, thas why....