News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

THE RADICAL BLUEPRINT

Started by E.O.T., November 27, 2010, 03:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.O.T.

http://www.9and10news.com/Category/Story/?id=272618&cID=3

government finds out you have a daytripper fantasy. sends in someone to encourage & finance it. busts you.

BAM!
          newsworthy terror plot to use for future social reform.

DEAR ATF/ HOMELAND SECURITY,

perhaps you're getting a bit too transparent, even for the general public.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, I'm sure we're going to hear a lot of these highly publicized "terror attempts" in the coming year. Proof positive that Big Brother is protecting us! Right?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

It is now a crime to behave like a pawn.  You have to admit, it has a kind of warped poetry to it.

Requia ☣

This sounds more like entrapment than a sting.  Anybody find more details on this yet?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Faust

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 27, 2010, 07:58:51 PM
It is now a crime to behave like a pawn.  You have to admit, it has a kind of warped poetry to it.
Thats the fairest rule I've ever seen.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Requia ☣

More details.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/27/mohamed-osman-mohamud-portland-car-bomb_n_788695.html

If he was really seeking out violence there's no reason to assume entrapment, and I retract my above statement.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

No reason to assume entrapment, other than that the government created a totally fake "ring of jihadists" who evidently groomed him for this incident. That he was interested in the first place indicates that he wasn't mentally stable to begin with. They could as easily have prevented this incident by getting him help, but that wouldn't create a reason to justify increased "security" measures against the domestic populace.

I anticipate that a lot of unstable young people are being similarly groomed, and we will see an unprecedented rash of "domestic terrorism" by brown people with funny names.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

The People demanded fear, the government is supplying it.

I fail to see the problem, here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Also, according to US law, the FBI have to prove that the accused "was indepdently predisposed to commit the crime for which he is arrested" and, to that end, the agents involved must stress that the accused has other options before inducing them into the crime.

Turns out the conversation where that supposedly happened "could not be recorded for technical reasons" and was not presented by the FBI.  Also turns out they were tapping his phones for little good reason and that they placed him on a no fly list, which cost him a job in Alaska, before turning up with gifts of money.

That before the FBI approached him he had no radical background, had made no threats, had no criminal record, no contact with terrorists, had undergone no training - all that highly suggests this is another of the infamous "FBI makes up a terror plot, gives a poor sap a bomb, foils the plot and looks like heroes" happenings, which have been going on since the first Bush administration and are, arguably, the civilian end of the P2OG operations started under Rumsfeld.

You know, I'm struggling to think of a terrorist plot in the mainland USA in the past decade by Islamist groups or individuals where the FBI wasn't critically involved in the planning and bomb-making parts, 9/11 aside.  There are a couple, but for the most part, the FBI are causing more terror than they're stopping (because, as we all know, the media's response to even failed terrorist attacks now is to ramp the fear of angry brown people up to 11).

Golden Applesauce

Meanwhile, the mosque he had previously attended was actually firebombed by God-fearing Americans.

:amurrica:

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Shashaojian on November 28, 2010, 07:42:19 PM
Also, according to US law, the FBI have to prove that the accused "was indepdently predisposed to commit the crime for which he is arrested" and, to that end, the agents involved must stress that the accused has other options before inducing them into the crime.

Turns out the conversation where that supposedly happened "could not be recorded for technical reasons" and was not presented by the FBI.  Also turns out they were tapping his phones for little good reason and that they placed him on a no fly list, which cost him a job in Alaska, before turning up with gifts of money.

That before the FBI approached him he had no radical background, had made no threats, had no criminal record, no contact with terrorists, had undergone no training - all that highly suggests this is another of the infamous "FBI makes up a terror plot, gives a poor sap a bomb, foils the plot and looks like heroes" happenings, which have been going on since the first Bush administration and are, arguably, the civilian end of the P2OG operations started under Rumsfeld.

You know, I'm struggling to think of a terrorist plot in the mainland USA in the past decade by Islamist groups or individuals where the FBI wasn't critically involved in the planning and bomb-making parts, 9/11 aside.  There are a couple, but for the most part, the FBI are causing more terror than they're stopping (because, as we all know, the media's response to even failed terrorist attacks now is to ramp the fear of angry brown people up to 11).

Oh hey, we're back to entrapment.  :argh!:

BabylonHoruv

The firebombing of that mosque sounds like a terrorist plot that was not organized by the FBI.  (unless it was)
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Kansai

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on November 29, 2010, 05:23:44 AM
The firebombing of that mosque sounds like a terrorist plot that was not organized by the FBI.  (unless it was)

This was no doubt done in some rash attempt by the Hindu's to sabotage world peace via the War in Iraq.
Interrogate every cow you know, they hold India's secrets.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Requia ☣ on November 28, 2010, 05:17:33 PM
This sounds more like entrapment than a sting.  Anybody find more details on this yet?

seeking out a hitman will often be set up as a sting by locals or feds, depending on the target.  Not entrapment, though I think you mention this in a later post.  People who seek out other people to help them kill other people are usually incarcerated regardless of their motives.

Cain has a point about FBI pseudo plots, but if the quoted statements are to be believed, it's hard to take this guy's side anymore than it would be to take a husbands' who tries to hire someone to teach him how to poison his wife and not get caught.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Requia ☣

The government doesn't have a history of entrapment in taking out hits the way it does with recruiting terrorists.  Though hey, at least they gave him a fake bomb instead of a real one this time.