News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Ron Ramsey hates Islam

Started by Adios, July 27, 2010, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Ramsey, who has been endorsed by 20 Tea Party organizations, said he is a supporter of religious freedoms but such protections may not extend to facilitating "shariah [Islamic] law into the state of Tennessee. . .into the United States."

"Now, you could even argue whether being a Muslim is actually a religion, or is it a nationality, way of life, a cult, whatever you want to call it," he continued. "But certainly we do protect our religions, but at the same time, this is something we are going to have to face."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/?fbid=fL9v4Hjua92

Cain

I just bet there are vast, overwhelming numbers of American Muslims in Tennessee feverishly working towards turning the state to Shariah Law.

No really.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on July 27, 2010, 04:19:28 PM
I just bet there are vast, overwhelming numbers of American Muslims in Tennessee feverishly working towards turning the state to Shariah Law.

No really.

:lulz:

Yeah.

Bruno

I couldn't tell you how many times one of my Muslim professors would start ululating and screaming "ALLAH AKBAR" right in the middle of a lecture. 

I actually did see someone wearing a Burka in Walmart a couple of weeks ago. It was one of those full-body SRS business Burkas.

Formerly something else...

Iason Ouabache

Religious freedom for me, but not for thee!!!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Adios

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 28, 2010, 03:26:49 AM

ARRRGH,  FUCKING CHRISTIAN!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 28, 2010, 03:28:04 AM

Would it be prudent to point out the irony here?
Molon Lube

Jenne

Yeah, you get arrested for wearing that shit in France.  Let your boobies hang out, pas de probleme...cover them with a blue sheet head-to-toe, fuck you--I mean fou toi and allez au prison!

Nast

Quote from: Jenne on July 28, 2010, 04:23:03 AM
Yeah, you get arrested for wearing that shit in France.  Let your boobies hang out, pas de probleme...cover them with a blue sheet head-to-toe, fuck you--I mean fou toi and allez au prison!

Hm, I wonder what the law says about burkinis?

I have a soft-spot for burkinis, no matter what people say about them. They look somehow space-age.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Jenne

Nast, you're on an evil streak tonight...

...aaaaand my husband, "WHY IS HER FACE STILL COVERED?" 

(he's joking)

Nast

Hey, there's a soft melty center underneath this horrible burkini-loving exterior!

I mean, imagine a whole spaceship crew decked out in them things. It's progressive yet traditional!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nephew Twiddleton

Maybe they just want to see some Arab bewbs. Though, as I understand it, France has its own history of Islamophobia and thinly veiled racism.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Jenne

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 28, 2010, 02:52:50 PM

Maybe they just want to see some Arab bewbs. Though, as I understand it, France has its own history of Islamophobia and thinly veiled racism.

Yes, well, given that the name they have for Arabs means "black feet"...

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 28, 2010, 03:29:17 AM
Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 28, 2010, 03:28:04 AM

Would it be prudent to point out the irony here?
That's not irony. Irony is Newt Gingrich complaining about Islam being "a comprehensive political, economic, and religious movement that seeks to impose sharia—Islamic law—upon all aspects of global society" while pushing Christian Dominionism which is "a comprehensive political, economic, and religious movement that seeks to impose [Christian beliefs] upon all aspects of global society." Irony is Randall Terry calling himself pro-life and then beating up an effigy of Lindsey Graham. Irony is the ACLJ claiming that they are experts on the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act while protesting the "Ground Zero mosque" (which isn't really a mosque and is several blocks away from Ground Zero).

I'm beginning to see why you love this decade, Dok!  :horrormirth:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

The mosque being built at Ground Zero is being done for a Imam so bloody progressive and tolerant I think he's a Unitarian sleeper agent pretending to be a Muslim.  Also the guy's connected to the Aspen Institute and several interfaith peace initiatives.

But ISLAMISM!!!!