News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

I am incredibly stupid and help me get my drugs.

Started by Dalek, October 05, 2011, 09:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2011, 06:07:37 PM
Do we really have to do this again?

No, and the only reason I've gone as far as I have is that I have a genuine concern for Dalekk and I've seen first hand what these substances are doing to people in my State.  If this was just some general philosophical conversation about drugs, like all of the other thread, I wouldn't care.  I'm done with those.

But this is a real person we're talking about and I feel someone in my position would be negligent if they didn't share what they knew. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on October 06, 2011, 06:15:40 PM

No, and the only reason I've gone as far as I have is that I have a genuine concern for Dalekk and I've seen first hand what these substances are doing to people in my State.  If this was just some general philosophical conversation about drugs, like all of the other thread, I wouldn't care.  I'm done with those.

But this is a real person we're talking about and I feel someone in my position would be negligent if they didn't share what they knew. 

You can't fix stupid, RWHN.  He'll either wise up or he won't.
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Speaking as a fairly young male, I'm betting that Dalek is going to do it anyway and tell us about how our concerns were way overblown.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Net on October 06, 2011, 06:31:05 PM
Speaking as a fairly young male, I'm betting that Dalek is going to do it anyway and tell us about how our concerns were way overblown.

Probably. I'll stick with booze and the occasional bit of herb. It's all you really need, if that.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on October 06, 2011, 06:15:40 PM

While I don't often find myself agreeing with RWHN on the "DRUGS R GOOD/BAD" topic, I tend to agree on the nature of "bath salts", primarily because of the "unknown" factor which doesn't combine well with the human nature of "cram as much of some substance in to my body as possible, consequences be damned".  Kid in my apt. complex was found dead in the bathroom bleeding out of various orifices after a night of indulging - granted I believe klonopin and some opiates were also thrown in the mix. But, I've been hearing lots of bad shit about it as well.

Of course, had to check it out to see what the fuss was about - was sold at a nearby convenience/beer store behind the counter along with Salvia, K-2 amanita muscara, etc. Yea, in small doses, taken orally, it was all well and good fun. But it dehydrates the shit out of you, goes in waves so you THINK you need to take more and then can leave you with the "suicide Tuesday" feeling the next day or so. While we didn't have any terrible effects - maybe a headache and some moodiness - I can see it being very addictive and going really stupid really fast. If you're looking for that kind of high, I'd say stick with something known. At a lot of the music festivals going on this summer they were being sold and marketed as other substances which, yea if you're buying drugs off of other people you're at risk already but if you think you're buying X or Y, but it's really Z, the effects, dosage, etc. can lead to some horrible stuff, especially if it's also cut with Q,W and #.

All I'd say is be careful and there are better ways of spending your money.

And that was me agreeing with RWHN, sort of.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 06, 2011, 06:10:24 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 06, 2011, 04:59:04 PM
I am a pretty experiential, experimental person. However, with all the awesome goofy drugs that grow in plants and have been around for millennia co-evolving with us and NOT causing massive brain damage, severe life-destroying addiction, and self-destructive and/or violent dissociative behavior, it absolutely baffles me why anyone would seek out some synthetic wild card rather than one of the relatively safe psychoactives that have been around for long enough to know what they really do to you.

On a related note, did you know that alcoholism wasn't a big problem until we learned to distill that shit on a widespread and inexpensive basis? Suddenly we went from swilling weak homebrews morning, noon and night to swilling hard liquor morning, noon and night. Our brains basically evolved to find alcohol pleasurable, and in mild doses, it is very pleasurable indeed. Suddenly, though, our poor little monkey brains were getting saturated with concentrations tens of times stronger than we were adapted for, and for a time drunkenness was a plague, leading to Prohibition (which never made sense to me until I started watching this documentary... now it makes perfect sense, even though it was an unsuccessful reaction to a real and severe problem).

We seem to be gradually adapting to the availability of strong alcohol, fortunately. Or unfortunately; I don't know.

Villager and I watched the same one. PBS rules!

yeah, it was really fascinating! And I was intrigued by all the strong women temperance activists. I am also always amused by the term "longtime companion" that tends to show up in documentaries about Ye Olde Tymes. Someday long after I'm dead, I want someone to describe Mr. Language as "Ms. Nigel's longtime companion".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Net on October 06, 2011, 06:31:05 PM

Probably. I probably would too, even without being a young male. Hence my advice to be careful (as much as one can be).

I know RWHN mentioned it was already banned in a few states and I think I heard they were trying to do it at a national level (could be mistaken, might have just been around here too). Opinions on the legality of drugs aside, I'm not really weeping over this going away either. I was sadder about them banning and subsequently changing 4loko.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

AFK

They are kinda-sorta banned nationally.  That is, the DEA has used its emergency scheduling authority to control the active chemicals in bath salts.  This will last for a year while further research is conducted.  I think it's pretty likely they will be permanently banned by that time. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on October 06, 2011, 06:58:06 PM
That is, the DEA has used its emergency scheduling authority to control the active chemicals in bath salts.   

I love shit like that.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

El Sjaako

I kind of enjoy these discussions, although I usually don't agree with RWHN. In most contexts I can either not talk about drugs (like with family), the other people don't know much, or they agree with me, or (usually) they don't know much and agree with me.

Over here is one of the few places I can debate this with someone who will not put up with any bullshit, remains respectful, and has a differing opinion.

That said, I wouldn't take the stuff Dalek is taking myself, if only because I have access to better things.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: el sjaako on October 06, 2011, 07:00:16 PM

I kind of enjoy these discussions, although I usually don't agree with RWHN. In most contexts I can either not talk about drugs (like with family), the other people don't know much, or they agree with me, or (usually) they don't know much and agree with me.

Over here is one of the few places I can debate this with someone who will not put up with any bullshit, remains respectful, and has a differing opinion.

That said, I wouldn't take the stuff Dalek is taking myself, if only because I have access to better things.

Actually, it doesn't stay respectful here.  In fact, it universally becomes bitter, personal, and has led to permanent rifts between board members.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on October 06, 2011, 06:49:30 PM
I am a pretty experiential, experimental person. However, with all the awesome goofy drugs that grow in plants and have been around for millennia co-evolving with us and NOT causing massive brain damage, severe life-destroying addiction, and self-destructive and/or violent dissociative behavior, it absolutely baffles me why anyone would seek out some synthetic wild card rather than one of the relatively safe psychoactives that have been around for long enough to know what they really do to you.

On a related note, did you know that alcoholism wasn't a big problem until we learned to distill that shit on a widespread and inexpensive basis? Suddenly we went from swilling weak homebrews morning, noon and night to swilling hard liquor morning, noon and night. Our brains basically evolved to find alcohol pleasurable, and in mild doses, it is very pleasurable indeed. Suddenly, though, our poor little monkey brains were getting saturated with concentrations tens of times stronger than we were adapted for, and for a time drunkenness was a plague, leading to Prohibition (which never made sense to me until I started watching this documentary... now it makes perfect sense, even though it was an unsuccessful reaction to a real and severe problem).

We seem to be gradually adapting to the availability of strong alcohol, fortunately. Or unfortunately; I don't know.

yeah, it was really fascinating! And I was intrigued by all the strong women temperance activists. I am also always amused by the term "longtime companion" that tends to show up in documentaries about Ye Olde Tymes. Someday long after I'm dead, I want someone to describe Mr. Language as "Ms. Nigel's longtime companion".

:lulz: Yeah, when they said "her secretary and long time companion" I did the quotation fingers. I liked Carrie Nation. Not her position. But just the sheer amount of destruction she brought to Kansas. On one hand I was like, "but all that booze!" and on the other I was like, "Hellz yeah, half insane woman fucking up Kansas with a hatchet! Bitches don't know about her tomahawks!"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 06, 2011, 07:02:11 PM

:lulz: Yeah, when they said "her secretary and long time companion" I did the quotation fingers. I liked Carrie Nation. Not her position. But just the sheer amount of destruction she brought to Kansas. On one hand I was like, "but all that booze!" and on the other I was like, "Hellz yeah, half insane woman fucking up Kansas with a hatchet! Bitches don't know about her tomahawks!"

I know! I was all, BITCH IS CRAZY!

That's how shit gets done.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on October 06, 2011, 07:03:50 PM
Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 06, 2011, 07:02:11 PM

I know! I was all, BITCH IS CRAZY!

That's how shit gets done.

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 06, 2011, 07:06:25 PM
I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

:potd:

I just stuck that in the newsfeed.
Molon Lube