News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

ATTN MORTALS: Post ITT for a quest to make you more Holy™.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 11, 2011, 05:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

I FUCKING HATE FACEBOOK PEOPLE SEARCH. HOW THE FUCK ARE THERE TWO FORT LEWISES IN WASHINGTON AND SEVERAL OTHER VARIATIONS OF THAT?

Cuddlefish

Hell, I need something to do. If I succeed do I get a super-secret Eris decoder ring?
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cuddlefish on March 15, 2011, 03:04:31 PM
Hell, I need something to do. If I succeed do I get a super-secret Eris decoder ring?

No.  You just don't have to spend eternity with Jerry Falwell and Fred Phelps.

You will incorporate the following things into your next show:

1.  Rubber vomit.  If you can't find any, real vomit will do.

2.  Calling the bouncer "Susan".

3.  A brand new song.  Kick those lazy fucking bandmates in their arses.  You're on the verge of being a lounge act.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ari

"Going out of my way" indeed since I don't feel social this week. But I shall go for it nonetheless.

2/6... and it turns out that I will spend the weekend in a town down south, working & sleeping on-site... I suspect I will do some wondering around and check in with the locals. Or just bbq at the harbour and attract whoever. Gotta see how I can record their german ramblings without them tinting it when they see a mic. Finesse might be required...

Results come monday.
パンクビッチ

Placid Dingo

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Placid Dingo on March 17, 2011, 06:18:01 AM
I do not have a significant other.

So you will talk pleasantly - and in person - with at least 4 women you don't know, in the next 30 days.  At least one of them has to talk to you again, even if nothing else develops (so no "talking" by mumbling something and leaving).  As a matter of fact, your first conversation should have nothing to do with anything having to do with significant others, and no requirement of this topic is involved in the second (or further) conversations.

In short, you'll have no less than 5 conversations about whatever, with 4 women you've never met before in your life.  A written account will be kept, involving such details as what each girl looked like, what you talked about (generally), and the cirumstances under which you met.  You will, of course, do this AFTER the fact, so as not to look like a psycho or anything.

Better get moving.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2011, 05:37:28 PM
Payne:  You will go without any mind/mood altering substances for a week.  Tobacco is not included, but caffeine IS.  Record your more murderous thoughts.

Thy will, Holy Man.

I will do this next week, monday to sunday. Note: that week includes a birthday bash at a large pub with cheap booze, and 5:00 a.m. wake up calls every day of the week. I will be ready to shred faces by the end of it.

I will in fact go intensely zealous on this - no pigging out on chocolate or anything else filled with sugar and caffeine. I will however get some decaffeineated tea for my morning brews.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on March 17, 2011, 05:59:59 PM
Payne:  You will go without any mind/mood altering substances for a week.  Tobacco is not included, but caffeine IS.  Record your more murderous thoughts.

Thy will, Holy Man.

I will do this next week, monday to sunday. Note: that week includes a birthday bash at a large pub with cheap booze, and 5:00 a.m. wake up calls every day of the week. I will be ready to shred faces by the end of it.

I will in fact go intensely zealous on this - no pigging out on chocolate or anything else filled with sugar and caffeine. I will however get some decaffeineated tea for my morning brews.

Decaf is okay.

Booze, btw, is not.  Just so we're clear on this.

Eater of Clowns

I'd like to offer up the idea that PD is a mind/mood altering substance.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 17, 2011, 06:07:15 PM

Thy will, Holy Man.

Decaf is okay.

Exactly.

That's why I'm doing it next week instead of this one.

So I can go into the pub and tell people I ain't drinking because my Short Term Spiritual Master has given me a Holy Quest.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on March 17, 2011, 06:09:09 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 17, 2011, 06:07:15 PM

Thy will, Holy Man.

Decaf is okay.

Exactly.

That's why I'm doing it next week instead of this one.

So I can go into the pub and tell people I ain't drinking because my Short Term Spiritual Master has given me a Holy Quest.

I'm particularly interested in any murder thoughts you may have in the last 2 hours before closing, when you're the only coherent person there.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 17, 2011, 06:08:34 PM
I'd like to offer up the idea that PD is a mind/mood altering substance.

No, it's holy stuff.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Weltbürger (NSFW) on March 17, 2011, 06:08:10 PM
Now do me.

You will offer a heartfelt, genuine apology to Khara, then you will post no less than 5 pictures of yourself for her to WOMP or not WOMP as she sees fit.